The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Canucks getting calls on Conor Garland

40 minutes ago, ilduce39 said:

For me, it’s about re purposing Garland’s 5 mil into 3 C / D than replacing him on the wing.  I know some people would like to add size/speed there - and fair enough - but there’s way bigger fish to fry if we’re trading down to offload a genuinely productive player.

I would take a player like Henrique, Pageau just to have a reliable 3rd line center. 

• Cheers 2

26 minutes ago, cripplereh said:

No calls yet?

They are probably piling them up. 
Just ask @canuck73_3

Garland is awesome and worth a ton.  
We probably just don’t want to trade him, as nearly 5 mill for his non penalty killing ass is the deal of the century.  

Id be blown away if teams aren’t lining up to pick up Garland and his twirls and impossible shots from the corner

Edited by D.B Cooper
  • Haha 1
  • Wat 3

11 minutes ago, D.B Cooper said:

They are probably piling them up. 
Just ask @canuck73_3

Garland is awesome and worth a ton.  
We probably just don’t want to trade him, as nearly 5 mill for his non penalty killing ass is the deal of the century.  

Id be blown away if teams aren’t lining up to pick up Garland and his twirls and impossible shots from the corner

Find a quote where I have said he’s worth a ton.. I’ll wait. 

I do however think he is more valuable on the team than trading him. And 45-50 points is pretty solid production for a guy who just twirls around :rolleyes: Like I said keep your day job and don’t become a scout. (It’s not an insult it’s genuine life advice) 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 3

5 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

Find a quote where I have said he’s worth a ton.. I’ll wait. 

I do however think he is more valuable on the team than trading him. And 45-50 points is pretty solid production for a guy who just twirls around :rolleyes: Like I said keep your day job and don’t become a scout. (It’s not an insult it’s genuine life advice) 

Honest question. 
Do you think he is worth his contract and a fit on this team?  
Do you believe he has value in a trade?

1 hour ago, ilduce39 said:

For me, it’s about re purposing Garland’s 5 mil into 3 C / D than replacing him on the wing.  I know some people would like to add size/speed there - and fair enough - but there’s way bigger fish to fry if we’re trading down to offload a genuinely productive player.

I’d still move Beauvillier long before Garland 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 2

I will say that Kevin Hayes has become the most valuable cap dump over the last two years and does give credence to people that claim that Garland will require a sweetener for someone to take. Despite the fact that Hayes is 31 years old and has three years left on the deal, he is a big centerman that plays a good two way game despite his -22 rating on a bad Philly team. 

That was a horrible deal for Philly. I wouldn't be shocked that they weren't going to retain on his 7 million deal but would've taken Krug instead, and that when Krug nixed the deal, felt obligated to follow through with dealing Kevin Hayes out. 

Either way, it makes absolutely no sense to give Garland away for free. I'd rather keep him and his secondary scoring that doesn't require power play time. 

Wingers will be the ones regaining their value back next summer when the cap goes back up and Garland is more likely to hit 60 points then 40 points next year especially if Pearson experiment proves to be unsuccessful. 

Just now, D.B Cooper said:

How come?  
40 points, 4.15 a year.  
same production per dollar as Garland, but cheaper. 
He also has size and can PK.  

Beau is on an expiring deal. Beau does not have size either. I do like him though but I’d keep Garland and Brock over Beau no question. I like that Garland gets under the teams skin and doesn’t shy away from anything. 

• Cheers 2

1 minute ago, D.B Cooper said:

How come?  
40 points, 4.15 a year.  

Expiring deal will be making Garland money or more on next deal, cash in on an expiring deal at the deadline, retain salary for an extra piece. 

Or PK has been better under Tocchet and we have other wingers that can be used in a PK role. And as @VancouverHabitant has said his 5on5 production board play and possession battle wins are solid. 

Just now, canuck73_3 said:

Expiring deal will be making Garland money or more on next deal, cash in on an expiring deal at the deadline, retain salary for an extra piece. 

Or PK has been better under Tocchet and we have other wingers that can be used in a PK role. And as @VancouverHabitant has said his 5on5 production board play and possession battle wins are solid. 

Considering how much we are blowing in wingers, expiring contract is perfect.  
If keeping Boeser, we don’t need either Beau or Garland. Especially if we want to make room for hogs and Podz. 

It doesn’t really matter because no one would even take Garland for free, let alone any kind of return.  
Let’s hope Beau can be dealt.  

As for PK,

You dont want your top offensive guys to be your top PK guys.   That’s why teams have them on their 3 and 4 lines. 
What happens when Petey misses 2 months with a broken leg from a blocked shot?   

11 minutes ago, D.B Cooper said:

Considering how much we are blowing in wingers, expiring contract is perfect.  
If keeping Boeser, we don’t need either Beau or Garland. Especially if we want to make room for hogs and Podz. 

It doesn’t really matter because no one would even take Garland for free, let alone any kind of return.  
Let’s hope Beau can be dealt.  

As for PK,

You dont want your top offensive guys to be your top PK guys.   That’s why teams have them on their 3 and 4 lines. 
What happens when Petey misses 2 months with a broken leg from a blocked shot?   

Garland here or not Petey has asked for PK time and he is good at it to so moving Garland doesn’t keep Petey from the PK. 

1 hour ago, D.B Cooper said:

How come?  
40 points, 4.15 a year.  

One guy got to play basically all his minutes with Pettersson and Kuzmenko and for some reason PP time. While the other got 3rd line for half the year. Just have to think if Garland got to play with Pettersson and Kuz he’d have another 10 points on the year.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

1 hour ago, flickyoursedin said:

One guy got to play basically all his minutes with Pettersson and Kuzmenko and for some reason PP time. While the other got 3rd line for half the year. Just have to think if Garland got to play with Pettersson and Kuz he’d have another 10 points on the year.

They should give that a try for a 10 game stretch , garly goes in the dirty areas for pucks

• Cheers 1