The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Canucks getting calls on Conor Garland

2 hours ago, KKnight said:

I want more physicality in the lineup and this is not a playoff team. 

One of our wingers need to be dealt this offseason. Hoglander replaces them. Need a physical center who can play a physical shutdown type of role and chip in with 30-40 points a season. 

Don't mind bringing back Schenn for a 2 year contract, but I rather target Peeke, younger and more upside with a value contract. 

Want a gritty bottom 6 winger as well that can play the PK. 

If we were also able to bring in a physical shutdown LHD that would be a bonus. 

I don’t disagree on what that team needs, but a healthy Demko alone makes last years team a playoff team. Remember all the blown leads?

• Cheers 1
  • There it is 1

27 minutes ago, Kenny Powers said:

I don’t disagree on what that team needs, but a healthy Demko alone makes last years team a playoff team. Remember all the blown leads?

Have to admit last year was probably the least watched canucks season ever for me. Saying that, the games I watched were brutal especially during the Bruce fiasco. Demko played pretty bad at the start of the season, but definitely played really well down the stretch. A hot Demko, could propel this team farther than they should be. 

• There it is 1

1 hour ago, KKnight said:

Have to admit last year was probably the least watched canucks season ever for me. Saying that, the games I watched were brutal especially during the Bruce fiasco. Demko played pretty bad at the start of the season, but definitely played really well down the stretch. A hot Demko, could propel this team farther than they should be. 

Last year was interesting for me too I went to as many Oiler home games as Canuck ones and I live on Vancouver Island :P

6 hours ago, DrJockitch said:

The latest rumours of Toronto looking at him are just foolish.

Can't win in the playoffs, need D and desperately need a G and overspend on forwards already.

Solution $5M of 5'8" winger.

Source?

6 hours ago, DrJockitch said:

The latest rumours of Toronto looking at him are just foolish.

Can't win in the playoffs, need D and desperately need a G and overspend on forwards already.

Solution $5M of 5'8" winger.

IMHAO no team is looking at Garland unless there is a lot of sugar attached. Toronto is definitely not interested. 

Just now, DrJockitch said:

Just rumours. Can’t even remember where read. Probably something an ass hat like Dhaliwal said. Not trying to spread them, saying they are dumb. OEL to TO as well. They could reunite in TO.:bigblush:

Ah, thanks.

On 6/26/2023 at 7:23 PM, Alflives said:

IMHAO no team is looking at Garland unless there is a lot of sugar attached. Toronto is definitely not interested. 

Been saying it a while.  If anyone was interested for free or cheap, he would’ve left at trade deadline.  

if there were any discussions there was either a Canucks draft pick attached to the trade or retention.

Decent $ value but I think it’s the term scaring other team.  They would probably like a rental Garland more

23 minutes ago, Claiborne55 said:

How about Canucks 1st  #11 and Garland for Taylor Hall and the Chicago #19 pick with 2 Million retained on Hall.

No thanks.

I would rather keep the pick unless we trade up or get a young player that’s on the verge of a breakout season.

• Like 1

Something may open up as players move around but with 3 years of term I can see why no one’s jumping at him given the climate.  I said it months ago, if Allvin desperately wants to clear space it needs to be Beauvillier and his 1 year commitment.

The focus on Garland, thus far, is either pure stubborn stupidity on his part - OR - he knows people are willing to make a deal but either waiting on price / letting other players move as they get to Garland who might be a team’s 2nd or 3rd option. 

So far Hayes, Johansen and Hall have all gone for nothing so I’m not expecting a return but Garland is also as or more productive than them 5v5… and teams are in on DeBrincat who costs more and is even smaller than Garland (though admittedly a better offensive threat.)   It all adds up to me that eventually we’ll move Garland if we’re that determined but it just might take some time if Allvin isn’t willing to sweeten the pot to clear the salary.  And honestly I’m fine with that. 

48 minutes ago, Claiborne55 said:

How about Canucks 1st  #11 and Garland for Taylor Hall and the Chicago #19 pick with 2 Million retained on Hall.

For me, it’s about re purposing Garland’s 5 mil into 3 C / D than replacing him on the wing.  I know some people would like to add size/speed there - and fair enough - but there’s way bigger fish to fry if we’re trading down to offload a genuinely productive player.

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 2