The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Canucks getting calls on Conor Garland

1 hour ago, DeNiro said:

Nope.

He was on a 50 point, 22 goal pace with us.

Very good value for 4.1 mil.

Which means that more than likely he'll be easier to move out than Garland or Boeser, particularly when you consider that he's on an expiring contract.  

We can either use him to clear space or extend him down the road on a deal where he may not be as good value. 

• Cheers 2

I would say Garland was playing to his contract level as well as Beau. The only downfall on Brock was his goal production, otherwise his points were decent as well (but he had a bad plus minus and he never once drove the play last season)

16 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

Which means that more than likely he'll be easier to move out than Garland or Boeser, particularly when you consider that he's on an expiring contract.  

We can either use him to clear space or extend him down the road on a deal where he may not be as good value. 

Or if they think he’s a good fit you extend him now. He’s only 26 and fits the timeline for them.

He hasn’t put up crazy numbers so he could be had on a bargain deal. Especially with the cap likely going up after next season.

43 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Or if they think he’s a good fit you extend him now. He’s only 26 and fits the timeline for them.

He hasn’t put up crazy numbers so he could be had on a bargain deal. Especially with the cap likely going up after next season.

It's def possible, I just think we need to move out a winger and I'm not overly attached to him, Boeser, or Garland

He's just likely the easiest player to swap out, and in all honesty I'd rather us allocate cap space to D over wingers

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Elias Pettersson said:

I think a team looking for term will be interested in Garland.  Winnipeg for example.  Nobody wants to go there and everybody is looking to get out.  I am sure Winnipeg would easily take on a contract like Garland where he is locked up for 3 more years.  Same with Miller too.  I'm pretty sure they would take both those players and contracts.

With all of our new cap space I don't see us trading Miller, but I can see us moving Garland for money in, money out and get a player for a similar cap hit that fills a need.

I would do Garland for Brenden Dillon for example.  Winnipeg might bite too as he's a UFA next summer and will most likely bail...

Miller I don’t see us moving.. this OEL buyout is an all in move. If they trade miller then they wouldn’t have to buy out oel so I don’t see miller going anywhere. 

I would agree with u with regards to garland if moved would have to be money in money out and likely to a team that would have trouble signing free agents. But it would likely be a player with maybe 1 or 2 years left and very likely a player that’s useless or have no trade value. 

I don’t see Winnipeg biting for garland. They prolly going to see what they get for their core players first since almost all of them are likely to be traded they might just go into a full rebuild I don’t see how they can retool with basically just ehler and lowry left on the team. 

• Cheers 2

7 minutes ago, wai_lai416 said:

Miller I don’t see us moving.. this OEL buyout is an all in move. If they trade miller then they wouldn’t have to buy out oel so I don’t see miller going anywhere. 

I would agree with u with regards to garland if moved would have to be money in money out and likely to a team that would have trouble signing free agents. But it would likely be a player with maybe 1 or 2 years left and very likely a player that’s useless or have no trade value. 

I don’t see Winnipeg biting for garland. They prolly going to see what they get for their core players first since almost all of them are likely to be traded they might just go into a full rebuild I don’t see how they can retool with basically just ehler and lowry left on the team. 

I agree. They will probably have to go into a full rebuild at some point. As of now they are resisting that and stating they want players back with term. So Garland makes sense for them. However, if they go into a full rebuild I can see them trading everybody for picks and prospects and going hard after Macklin Celebrini. 

• Cheers 2

17 hours ago, Junkyard Dog said:

We should target Sissons as 3rd C. Predators looking for some scoring help and have cap and he brings grit, size, faceoff, defensive ability. Righty C
Hence why I would probably offer Garland or Boeser straight up.

If Preds would do such a trade, then you jump on it.

But can't see them trading Sissons for Garland or Boeser or Beau.

They are really looking for picks or young talent with a high ceiling to retool their team. Rather than spending any of those kinds of assets to get Sissons, I would prefer to target Acciari in free agency. Probably get him for around $2m x 3. Sissons is $2.8m. 

Acciari is 2 years older but brings a very similar game.

Sissons:

RH, 6'1", 200 lb, 29 years

82 games, 12 goals, 18 assists, FO 53.5%, 164 hits, shorthanded oiGA/60 = 6.7

Acciari

RH, 5'10", 209 lb, 31 years

77 games, 14 goals, 9 assists, FO 53.8%, 244 hits, shorthanded oiGA/60 = 4.4

Don't let Acciari's height fool you, he hits hard at 209 lb he is a tank at that height.

Edited by BigTramFan
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

8 hours ago, BigTramFan said:

They are really looking for picks or young talent with a high ceiling to retool their team. Rather than spending any of those kinds of assets to get Sissons, I would prefer to target Acciari in free agency. Probably get him for around $2m x 3. Sissons is $2.8m. 

Sissons:

Acciari

Don't let Acciari's height fool you, he hits hard at 209 lb he is a tank at that height.

Yup, Acciari, or Sundqvist (more expensive) are solid UFA options for us.

Sissons, Goodrow possible trade targets.

Gonna be a fun summer ::D

• Cheers 1

44 minutes ago, aGENT said:

IMO we should look at a solid veteran 4th C too.  

Imagine a cheaper Beagle/Sutter type at 4th C winning draws and playing like a top PKer(like they did albeit at unreasonable cap hits). 

The two places where you can never have enough depth(unless you got a ton of cap spent) is at C and D. 

Injuries happen at that’s when the young Cs and Ds get the opportunities. 

Term for both should be 2-3 years ideally. At that point we can reevaluate our young Cs and Ds to see if they’re ready to take the reins. 

1 hour ago, Junkyard Dog said:

Imagine a cheaper Beagle/Sutter type at 4th C winning draws and playing like a top PKer(like they did albeit at unreasonable cap hits). 

The two places where you can never have enough depth(unless you got a ton of cap spent) is at C and D. 

Injuries happen at that’s when the young Cs and Ds get the opportunities. 

Term for both should be 2-3 years ideally. At that point we can reevaluate our young Cs and Ds to see if they’re ready to take the reins. 

Yup, I'd be fine looking at guys like Bjugstad there too.

6 hours ago, Junkyard Dog said:

4 hours ago, aGENT said:

Yup, I'd be fine looking at guys like Bjugstad there too.

Patrick Brown at $775k would be a good option as 4C/4RW or even just as 13th forward for depth. 6'1", 210 lb, career 56% in FO dot, PKs, 167 hits in 61 games last season.

Bjugstad would be too expensive in that role imo

On 6/17/2023 at 11:55 AM, Elias Pettersson said:

I think a team looking for term will be interested in Garland.  Winnipeg for example.  Nobody wants to go there and everybody is looking to get out.  I am sure Winnipeg would easily take on a contract like Garland where he is locked up for 3 more years.  Same with Miller too.  I'm pretty sure they would take both those players and contracts.

With all of our new cap space I don't see us trading Miller, but I can see us moving Garland for money in, money out and get a player for a similar cap hit that fills a need.

I would do Garland for Brenden Dillon for example.  Winnipeg might bite too as he's a UFA next summer and will most likely bail...

good trade proposal.

• Cheers 1

15 minutes ago, combover said:

Garland has no trade value.

is he the smallest guy in the nhl right now? 

Calgary might want him since nobody wants to be in Calgary. 

I can see us attaching Garland to 11OA and getting back a pick in the late teens and a second. 

On 6/18/2023 at 2:58 AM, BigTramFan said:

Sissons:

Acciari

On 6/18/2023 at 11:31 AM, aGENT said:

Acciari could likely be had for relatively cheap on the UFA market.  He's just not as big a name as the others, but he quietly does his thing, and he does it well.

• Cheers 3