The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at Calgary Flames | Jan. 29, 2022

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

2 hours ago, Nuck1991 said:

strip the roster down, not good enough

obviosuly its not good enough when we have to play Hunt and Juulsen on our D and Schenn in the top 4. This is why Miller might have to be traded to get a couple of top 4D prospects like Schneider and Lunkvist from NYR. Canucks have terrible D that is both slow to move the puck and slow to pass the puck. Another reason why we get hemmed in our zone and only have 15 shots. Also the inability of our D except Hughes that can keep the puck in the offensive zone. JR and Allvin need to fix this through trades.

2 hours ago, ShawnAntoski said:

JBs' investments in: LE, Beagle, Sutter, Roussel and Loungos' parting gift.

we could have signed him but he was too horny for OEL that he forgot to sign our free agents so both Tanev and Toffoli walked without getting an offer. Now we see OEL being good defensively but not worth his cap. 

• Haha 2
  • Vintage 1

3 hours ago, b3. said:

I’m ready for trader Jimmy.

Blow up this Benning nightmare.

The fact that Miller is our best forward, shows Canucks have way bigger problems. It should be Petersson, Boeser, Horvat while Miller should be like the 4th or 5th best forward.

• Cheers 1

3 hours ago, Outsiders said:

_______-Petey-Garland

_______- Horvat-Podkolzin

Hoglander-_______-________

Highmore-Lammy-Lockwood

Motte, Miller,Boeser,Pearson, Dickenson all go

Why Motte? Keep Motte, we need players like him. The rest can go 

• Vintage 1

Loss of Myers, missing Poolman few 1st game back for some, there's excuses for us against those red plated pricks...

How Demko got us a point is  crazy.

Miller never signed here, he was traded here.  He will not resign here, and with what we have on the books as we're close to the cap he's as good as gone, if the return is right... told Mess I wouldn't do this...

Boeser, well he's guaranteed money next year, and with the amount of teams already using lite, good luck fitting that in, hey how toffoli and Montreal doing- brutal.

Big mess, can we just load the backup from prior to the tanev trade, or better yet  draft matthew.... maybe further, have a captain who can stand up for himself and not have Bert go UFC.   tell luc not to ride the bike,  oh yeah there's this kid named jaromir at the draft, hold onto Seabass.

Beer.  Sorry... I mean enjoy.

Losing to Calgary, OTTO KICKED IT IN, ohhhhhh  Vernon... hurts.  Seeing Tanev (2 shots allowed 27 min ffs)... having to face Marky sucks too.

And the refs tonight... wonder how much they threw down at SportsAction. Lol.

Podz looks apprehensive and scared at times, he gave the puck away couple times from light pressure, but he should be great for us as he gets stronger.

Nils has slowed since his speedy play last year, but I like the pushback and grittiness from the kid.

Poolman was at the top of his game prior to covid, at least I didn't notice him. - actually liked his play but that statements gold.

Half full, tenth as loud.

Lindholms stick brand should be banned from our equipment room.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Darth Canuck said:

Unpopular opinion: Hogz and Podz should go down to Abbotsford for a few games, get their grove back.

Would be nice to have to have Trevor Zegras in the team but nope Canucks had to finish higher in the standings than the Ducks by one point only because the team decided to play well the last 5 games of the season when the team was already out of the playoffs.

Best yet one of those wins the goal scorers were Schaller, Bärtschi, and Grandlund 

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1

Funny thing that I see is everybody complaining about how our D isn't good enough, but it's actually our offense that is our achilles heel along with our PK.  Our defense has been great 5v5.  And yet everybody wants to trade Miller.  I just don't know.  On paper our D isn't as good, but this season it's been that our offense hasn't been good, when it should be alot better.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Vintage 2

8 minutes ago, Viper007 said:

Funny thing that I see is everybody complaining about how our D isn't good enough, but it's actually our offense that is our achilles heel along with our PK.  Our defense has been great 5v5.  And yet everybody wants to trade Miller.  I just don't know.  On paper our D isn't as good, but this season it's been that our offense hasn't been good, when it should be alot better.

That was the story from the summer, before a single game had been played. 

Reporters/fans are ignoring what's playing out in front of their eyes and are repeating the same story even though it's not matching up with what's happening on the ice. 

Edit:  However we aren't deep enough to sustain losing Hamonic, Poolman, Burroughs, and Myers. 

Edited by VancouverHabitant

3 minutes ago, VancouverHabitant said:

That was the story from the summer, before a single game had been played. 

Reporters/fans are ignoring what's playing out in front of their eyes and are repeating the same story even though it's not matching up with what's happening on the ice. 

Edit:  However we aren't deep enough to sustain losing Hamonic, Poolman, Burroughs, and Myers. 

That is definitely true that we can't sustain losing all 4 of those.  Juulsen played well tonight though.  That's a plus.  Hopefully Burroughs or Poolman will be back next game since Myers will most likely be suspended.

Flames by far the better team this game so I'll take the point although not optimal in the standings.

Miller can't give the puck away like that in OT. I would forgive that play from a younger player, but if you are a veteran in your prime that's just unforgivable. Not saying Miller isn't great, and he had a strong game overall, but IMO he just doesn't have what it takes mentally to be the leader on a team and considering his age I wish we trade him for a big return.

"I don't know who it was tried to beat us 1-on-3 there, lost the puck in the middle. I sent it up to 'Lindy,' he gained the zone and sent it back to me and I just put it low blocker," Gaudreau said.

Edited by clubV

2 hours ago, iinatcc said:

Would be nice to have to have Trevor Zegras in the team but nope Canucks had to finish higher in the standings than the Ducks by one point only because the team decided to play well the last 5 games of the season when the team was already out of the playoffs.

Best yet one of those wins the goal scorers were Schaller, Bärtschi, and Grandlund 

Would have been nice to draft Austin Matthews instead of OJ but those three wins in California at the end of the season really built character.

The even better part is the only characters left in the NHL from those games are Horvat, Hutton, Mccann, Markstrom, and Tanev. Looks like a Flame win.

Edited by Chris12345
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

6 hours ago, EddieVedder said:

We finally have depth.  Theres no need to blow this up.  Just need to trim.some deadweight and improve the defense

Defense is the least of our problems and shouldn't be considering ours is the second most expensive in the league.  Offensive ineptitude is the real issue and it was on open display in this game. We cannot crack a real defense or get set up on a pressure oriented PK.