The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at Chicago Blackhawks | Jan. 31, 2022

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

Motte - Lammikko - Highmore

These guys are our checking line for the remainder of the year and I want to resign all three.  They were out there against Chicago's first line and did a marvelous job. 

Juulsen and Schenn were awesome tonight. 

We probably deserved to win 3-0 tonight, but it is what it is. 

That's 3 solid games in a row by 3 different goalies for us. Martin, Demko, and now Halak. All three of them coming in cold to play. That speaks to the excellent coaching they're getting from Ian Clark. What an embarrassment of riches we have in net with these three, and DiPietro in the pipeline. They could be difference makers for us WHEN we make the playoffs.

• Cheers 2
  • Vintage 2

Very solid game. Halak was great. The game kinda reflects how Chi playes their D. low and tight around the net and the blue line when we were entering mid zone. They played physical against peteys and millers lines and kept it tight so no wonder this was more a grit win then skill. It felt solid through and through. Also this makes me wonder...what if hawks didnt have Fleury?...i mean....he is definetly a great goalie and the one that holds them to actually have a chance of winning. Could definetly tell Toews wasnt in the lineup but still...they were one step behind us the entire game.  

5 minutes ago, VancouverHabitant said:
Motte - Lammikko - Highmore

These guys are our checking line for the remainder of the year and I want to resign all three.  They were out there against Chicago's first line and did a marvelous job. 

Juulsen and Schenn were awesome tonight. 

We probably deserved to win 3-0 tonight, but it is what it is. 

RE-SIGN them, VH! Don't give'em a gold watch!

EDIT: & sooo nice to beat these degenerate-weirdos!

Edited by Nuxfanabroad
  • Haha 2

Just now, Nuxfanabroad said:

RE-SIGN them, VH! Don't give'em a gold watch!

Oh man, I can't sneak anything by you!  

Re-sign! Re-sign! Re-sign! 

Season 4 Punishment GIF by The Simpsons

5 minutes ago, yes we can nucks said:

That's 3 solid games in a row by 3 different goalies for us. Martin, Demko, and now Halak. All three of them coming in cold to play. That speaks to the excellent coaching they're getting from Ian Clark. What an embarrassment of riches we have in net with these three, and DiPietro in the pipeline. They could be difference makers for us WHEN we make the playoffs.

I also believe that it has to do with our team defense.  

I don't remember many times where the opposition takes a shot and then gets one or two chances at rebounds.