The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at Chicago Blackhawks | Jan. 31, 2022

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

31 minutes ago, DefCon1 said:

Get rid of OEL from that 1st unit. Its not working and OEL shoots weaker than a 10 year old and still has 6 points in 43 games. Put in Horvat or Garland in OEL spot

Agree.

I'd try Garland in there and put Horvat in for Miller.

Horvat

Garland-Boeser-EP

Hughes

Time to get used to playing without Miller. He'll be gone by TDL.

Let Miller play whatever hero hockey he wants on the 2nd PP in the meantime.

When they showed the clip from that OT loss last night, man it really bothered me. Miller was just pouting and not backchecking at all. He's just watching and doesn't even give a $hit about this team. Gadureau scores and then Hughes getting frustrated and destroying his stick. No teammate of should be happy with him after that f*ck up.  At this point, I'd rather miss the playoffs than to make it with Miller. I'm so done with Miller.

• Haha 2
  • Vintage 1

17 minutes ago, Alienhuggyflow said:

Last season we had the D pinching and putting an emphasis on points and they did have more points, Quinn was also -24 and we were 31st in team defense. I'll take my Dmen leading the league 5on5 and 8th overall. Imagine if we had any semblance of pking under TG we would be tops in the pacific.

lol even if we have better pking we wouldn't be anywhere near the top in the pacific.. they can't score enough goals to win games.. we have scored 2 goals or less in 27 of the 44 games and won a grand total of 4 of the 27 games.. if we can manage 1 more goals in those 27 games we would have picked up minimum 8 points if not 8 wins then we'd be comfortably sitting in a playoff spot. scoring 2 goals or less in more than half of the games ain't going to win u games.. u can't expect the goalie to give up 1 goal or less in more than 50% of the games.

• Like 1

Gotta say that the guys that run the post-game show for us on SN650 do a really good job.  I disagree with their takes but they give both sides of the argument their time of the day.  

5 hours ago, -NucksFan said:

Wait they came back to show the coach for like 20 seconds then straight into Leafs , ugh

Didn’t you get the memo? TOR is the centre of the known universe!  

The most telling part is when that   Sportnet’s host-guy was signing-on after viewing three games today, and says  “That’s 2 great games we’ve seen today”!

They then proceed to show extensive TOR-win hi-lights, followed by OTT-win hi-lights, then (surprise, surprise) VAN-win hi-lights are tacked onto the back end.

I counted 3 games & 3 wins -  but apparently only 2 of ‘em were great. 

^Always the after-thought - if entering TOR’s thoughts at all. Sheesh!

Edited by viking mama
  • Cheers 1

7 minutes ago, VancouverHabitant said:

Gotta say that the guys that run the post-game show for us on SN650 do a really good job.  I disagree with their takes but they give both sides of the argument their time of the day.  

One of the guys is from Toronto, and he hates our city.  Sat is good, but that “little feller” needs to be put on a train and sent packin’.  

11 minutes ago, wai_lai416 said:

lol even if we have better pking we wouldn't be anywhere near the top in the pacific.. they can't score enough goals to win games.. we have scored 2 goals or less in 27 of the 44 games and won a grand total of 4 of the 27 games.. if we can manage 1 more goals in those 27 games we would have picked up minimum 8 points if not 8 wins then we'd be comfortably sitting in a playoff spot. scoring 2 goals or less in more than half of the games ain't going to win u games.. u can't expect the goalie to give up 1 goal or less in more than 50% of the games.

Go back and look at how many games we lost because of multiple goals given up on the pk.

We are 9 pointsback of Vegas, if you corrected the pk to its percentage under Bruce it makes a big difference in amount of goals scored shorthanded. Obviously teams might have found away to score 5on5 but look at the amount of games our pk was the direct cause of a loss.

18 minutes ago, wai_lai416 said:

Not saying we have been good enough offensively but when you've played the most games and given up the fewest goals 5on5 yet are a 500 team with the 32nd ranked pk its kind of obvious what the main issue is.

The Islanders success is a good example of what a low scoring top ranked 5on5 team with a good pk looks like the previous two years.

• Upvote 2

37 minutes ago, khay said:

Agree.

I'd try Garland in there and put Horvat in for Miller.

Horvat

Garland-Boeser-EP

Hughes

Time to get used to playing without Miller. He'll be gone by TDL.

Let Miller play whatever hero hockey he wants on the 2nd PP in the meantime.

When they showed the clip from that OT loss last night, man it really bothered me. Miller was just pouting and not backchecking at all. He's just watching and doesn't even give a $hit about this team. Gadureau scores and then Hughes getting frustrated and destroying his stick. No teammate of should be happy with him after that f*ck up.  At this point, I'd rather miss the playoffs than to make it with Miller. I'm so done with Miller.

If you say enough times that Miller is gone by the TDL, I’m sure you alone has the power to make happen.

You can do it buddy!

• Haha 4

2 minutes ago, Jaimito said:

Need to string together another winning streak to get a chance to make the playoffs. 

20-19-6

What's our record since BB took over. We lost 4 or 5 games. Won around 10?

Playoffs is too tough. There's only 1 spot and CGY has 5 games plus 2 points on us. 

I don't think we'll make the playoffs. But it could get interesting down the stretch 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, WHL rocks said:

What's our record since BB took over. We lost 4 or 5 games. Won around 10?

Playoffs is too tough. There's only 1 spot and CGY has 5 games plus 2 points on us. 

I don't think we'll make the playoffs. But it could get interesting down the stretch 

12-4-4

• Thanks 2