The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Canucks @ Predators / Tuesday, Feb. 1/22 @ 5:00 pm PT

Rate this topic

-DLC-

Just now, Harold Drunken said:

I'm still surprised and curious as to how King kept his job while the others were let go.

I honestly think they just let the players run their own powerplay right now based on what I’m seeing.

Either that or they’re completely ignoring King.

Both scenarios are a problem.

1 minute ago, DeNiro said:

I just wanna see someone make something happen and show that they’re giving it their all.

Take the puck wide, drive the net hard and bang home a greasy one! Can anyone on this team do that anymore?

No they are afraid to get in a scrum/fight if they go to the net and whack at the puck. We need some guys with an edge. 

They all play scared except for Schenn

1 minute ago, DeNiro said:

I just wanna see someone make something happen and show that they’re giving it their all.

Take the puck wide, drive the net hard and bang home a greasy one! Can anyone on this team do that anymore?

We haven't had players like that since 2011. I bet they get like 4-5 greasy goals a season. 

I remember around 2009-12 time period, the Canucks were a contender and the Leafs were pretty much a laughingstock. Ten years later and they’ve completely switched places. It’s been so many years now of underperforming, losing hockey from the Canucks that I’m completely used to the mediocrity. There has to be a new standard put in place, some call it a “culture change.” But it’s LONG overdue