The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Speculation] Canucks exploring Tyler Myers trade

brian42

12 minutes ago, coryberg said:

If only he was 4 years younger :(

Then he wouldn't be available ;) 

Pesce would also give Willander plenty of runway to get up to speed (and us incredible depth for a few years there).

• Cheers 2
  • Haha 1
  • Vintage 1

7 hours ago, billabong said:

Leonardo Dicaprio Leo GIF

I ASSUME this includes a 6.5m/8yr extension for pesce and this would free up around 6.5m in cap space for the 23-24 season to make another move…

Why would Carolina do this?  

• Like 1

6 hours ago, aGENT said:

Then he wouldn't be available ;) 

Pesce would also give Willander plenty of runway to get up to speed (and us incredible depth for a few years there).

I assume the asking price would be close to a 1st, 2nd, and young NHLer/prospect (Podz/Hogs/??) with a signed contract in the range of 8x$6.5 - $7M? 

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

3 hours ago, DownUndaCanuck said:

Carolina spending a 1st, 2nd and Pesce for Karlsson? No way. Take off one of the picks, maybe. I think a 2nd + Pesce is fair but to be honest if I'm Carolina I steer well clear from reuniting Burns and Karlsson.

Stranger things have happened chasing a cup.   Not sure why CAR does this either.   Unless their math guys want an elite forward on the back end making plays.    Burns still has game, but it's slowing down.    Had a few goals against that occurred because his foot speed just wasn't there.    Slavin is probably the best defensive D in the league,  maybe they want to see what that combo could manage together?    Slavin/EK would be >>> then Methot EK, and that was pretty awesome in OTT.    Personally would like to see what EK can do on a great team for once.    

Edited by IBatch

7 hours ago, 5nothincanucksohno said:

I assume the asking price would be close to a 1st, 2nd, and young NHLer/prospect (Podz/Hogs/??) with a signed contract in the range of 8x$6.5 - $7M? 

I'd trade for him without the extension personally. Cheaper acquisition cost.

Let playing with Hughes for a season, Gonchar, Foote, management that actually wants you etc be the sales pitch.

Also don't know he'd get 8 years, I'd aim for 6 personally... But it's certainly a possibility.

Edited by aGENT

8 hours ago, aGENT said:

I'd trade for him without the extension personally. Cheaper acquisition cost.

Let playing with Hughes for a season, Gonchar, Foote, management that actually wants you etc be the sales pitch.

Also don't know he'd get 8 years, I'd aim for 6 personally... But it's certainly a possibility.

Even with no extension I would think Carolina would still be looking for a 1st and 2nd. Pretty rich for a UFA but might be worth it to get Hughes a long-term partner.

6 years would be great but I wonder if the player would agree.

Probably just smoke, but I just read an article that had Frank Seravalli saying the Canucks and Sharks have been discussing Myers for Kevin Labanc, straight up. The hold up is apparently the $5 million bonus that has to be paid to TM on Sept 1st....

8 minutes ago, RUPERTKBD said:

Probably just smoke, but I just read an article that had Frank Seravalli saying the Canucks and Sharks have been discussing Myers for Kevin Labanc, straight up. The hold up is apparently the $5 million bonus that has to be paid to TM on Sept 1st....

SJS pulled out of the trade per Seravalli.  Doesn't sound like the bonus payment was the hold up.  Labanc makes 5.875M in salary this season so a swap would have been pretty much equal salary for both teams.  SJS has signed Burroughs and are shown with 9 Ds on the roster per CapFriendly - Thrun is waiver free.  

7 minutes ago, mll said:

SJS pulled out of the trade per Seravalli.  Doesn't sound like the bonus payment was the hold up.  Labanc makes 5.875M in salary this season so a swap would have been pretty much equal salary for both teams.  SJS has signed Burroughs and are shown with 9 Ds on the roster per CapFriendly - Thrun is waiver free.  

Hmm...from what the article said, Labanc has a year left at 4.725 M....:unsure:

Same with CapFriendly https://www.capfriendly.com/players/kevin-labanc

Just now, mll said:

Was talking of salary not cap hit.  He's paid 5.875M this season so no real need for SJS to wait on the bonus payment as it's close enough to the 6M owed to Myers.

Gotcha. But why pay that money if you don't have to? Anyway, that the rationale they used in the article.

Again, it's all spitballing anyway.

Reading these posts and the media releases when reading Vancouver was frustrated makes me wonder what the heck is going on in San Jose?

These types of hesitation moves, especially if a deal is on the table will have other teams thinking before dealing with San Jose management. 

Their hesitation makes me wonder.

2 minutes ago, Harold Drunken said:

Myers for Labanc straight across? Take and run Allvin. That's a win win, you shed $1.5 + immediately and it's his last year of the contract, which would likely come much cheaper after this one's done if they wish to re-sign.

No way, Myers on our third pair vs another meh winger. One of those guys could return us a pick at the deadline if we need to and it isn’t Lebanc

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Harold Drunken said:

Myers for Labanc straight across? Take and run Allvin. That's a win win, you shed $1.5 + immediately and it's his last year of the contract, which would likely come much cheaper after this one's done if they wish to re-sign.

How many wingers do you want them to have?

• There it is 1

Keep Myers for now. Can we sign Bear and have him go on LTIR? I thought maybe we were looking to move Myers to fit Bear in. 

Ideally I'd like to see Bear re-signed, placed on LTIR, and then when he returns if the lineup is healthy move Myers or trade him at the deadline. 

• Wat 1
  • Upvote 1