The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Speculation] Canucks exploring Tyler Myers trade

brian42

Just now, Westcoastcanucks777 said:

I think we’re finding out there’s a lot of dudes not a fan of the ladies as Connery would say…

Not a fan of wannabe insiderzz with weak sources.

Shes already proven she’s not a professional and holds petty grudges against former employers.

Don’t know why people keep posting tweets from that scrub internet “journalist”.

• Cheers 1

47 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Not a fan of wannabe insiderzz with weak sources.

Shes already proven she’s not a professional and holds petty grudges against former employers.

Don’t know why people keep posting tweets from that scrub internet “journalist”.

She’s got more insight into the organization than probably anyone on here because she worked for them. You may not agree with her angle. 

• Upvote 1

I’m surprised no one is talking about the jersey numbers, and one specifically, for this coming season…

Soucy wearing #7

Cole wearing #28

Blueger wearing… #53!

Edited by RWJC

3 minutes ago, RWJC said:

I’m surprised no one is talking about the jersey numbers, and one specifically, for this coming season…

Soucy wearing #7

Cole wearing #28

Blueger wearing… #53!

Cole switched to 82 out of respect to Luc Bourdon. 

The jersey number topic is in Canucks Talk.

• Cheers 1

46 minutes ago, Provost said:

That is actually the rumour going around… though the pick wasn’t one I had seen before.

That would be a terrible deal for the Canucks as they wouldn’t clear much cap, and have to replace Myers.  

Just waive him after his bonus is paid to see if there are any takers.  That would clear the full $6 million in cap at a time when teams are having to waive solid players to squeeze under the cap.  We could quite possibly find a slightly overpaid veteran 3C that is bumped off their roster because of a younger/cheaper player fitting under the cap better.

If no one takes him, then you just have an overpaid 3rd pairing guy who can move up the lineup in a pinch if there are injuries.  People pile on Myers, he certainly isn’t worth his contract but he isn’t trash.

We put him in a position to fail.  He is not a minute munching shut down guy, but we have played him that way.  For $6 million he should be more versatile, but that just isn’t the case.  As a 3rd pairing guy playing 15-18 minutes a night with a steady partner and against lower competition… he is going to be really good.

Yeah I heard the straight up 1 for 1 rumour that was going around. I think that was a possibility up until we bought out OEL. We could have done the trade and bought out Leblanc instead of OEL. Leblanc's buyout would have saved us 5.2 mil over Myers this season and then costed us 1.95 mil next season.

The suggestion of a 2nd round pick is downright laughable. Maybe a 2nd and Myers for future considerations but even then I don't think it's worth it.

Really nervous that the Canucks will trade Myers for Lebanc. They would lose so much in this deal, because it sounds like they'd also have to include the 2025 2nd round pick to SJ.

If the Canucks hang onto Myers until the 2024 TDL, they could probably fetch a 1st for him. Seriously.

He's a big, right shot D who will only be making a million for the season? Lots of teams would love that kind of depth going into the playoffs.

It would be a big mistake trading Myers right now IMO

• Upvote 1

On 7/10/2023 at 1:38 PM, coryberg said:

Yeah I heard the straight up 1 for 1 rumour that was going around. I think that was a possibility up until we bought out OEL. We could have done the trade and bought out Leblanc instead of OEL. Leblanc's buyout would have saved us 5.2 mil over Myers this season and then costed us 1.95 mil next season.

The suggestion of a 2nd round pick is downright laughable. Maybe a 2nd and Myers for future considerations but even then I don't think it's worth it.

Pattern of us throwing out seconds like confetti makes it sound plausible to the internet goofball who made it up. 

4 minutes ago, NUCKER67 said:

Really nervous that the Canucks will trade Myers for Lebanc. They would lose so much in this deal, because it sounds like they'd also have to include the 2025 2nd round pick to SJ.

If the Canucks hang onto Myers until the 2024 TDL, they could probably fetch a 1st for him. Seriously.

He's a big, right shot D who will only be making a million for the season? Lots of teams would love that kind of depth going into the playoffs.

This deal won't happen. They would save less than 2 mil unless sharks retained cap... if they did that then sure 

1 hour ago, NUCKER67 said:

I'm sure that the Canucks are talking to teams about Myers, but I think this deal is nothing more than reporters creating click bait.

Assuming that we have already paid his 5 million bonus as has been speculated, unless we get a reasonable return for him, I agree that we should just retain him till the deadline and get better return for him.

Myers isn't a bad defenseman, he's just an overpaid defenseman for what he provides. If his cap hit was 2.5 million, no one would be complaining about him.

• Upvote 2

He also played really well in the bubble, but was the victim of some bad calls.  He's a good playoff performer.

• Cheers 3

Seriously if he’s worth a 1st at deadline, he would have good value right now and be gone already, so I think you’re over optimistic here

his season salary might be only 1M after bonus, but cap hit is still 6M.   So your depth argument is pointless unless a Canucks retain.  Contending team won’t have capspace for him as depth

• Cheers 1