The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Waivers] Brendan Perlini, Petteri Lindbohm

Perlini's a decent depth option, I suppose, but his best season (in the NHL) was his first one with Arizona. He hasn't been able to put it together, aside from his Swiss stint that happened quite recently.

I don't think the Canucks have the space to take him on.

21 minutes ago, The Lock said:

If you think Perlini's an upgrade over Pearson, I implore you to do some research on Perlini. He's not the player you're describing, at least not in the past 5 years.

One should also NEVER claim from a waiver wire just based on draft position.... unless if you want Virtanen back.... ;) the Edmonton Oilers.

You almost got it right!  I fixed it for you.

48 minutes ago, NUCKER67 said:

Perlini - Pick him up!  Got size, was drafted high, so he has skills. Maybe an upgrade over Pearson?  (cheaper anyway) He also played with OEL and Garland

Guy has been on 4 teams in 3 years before the age of 25. He's just not that dude. If he can't succeed on a team with no legit wingers and arguably 2 of the top 5 centers in the world he just doesn't have what it takes.

• Cheers 3
  • Upvote 1

48 minutes ago, Dazzle said:

Perlini's a decent depth option, I suppose, but his best season (in the NHL) was his first one with Arizona. He hasn't been able to put it together, aside from his Swiss stint that happened quite recently.

I don't think the Canucks have the space to take him on.

Correct, and maybe Lockwood as well? If he's healthy.

• Cheers 1

2 hours ago, Bure_Pavel said:

Perlini could be a good back up for a fourth line winger, if someone goes down with injury. Brings speed and shooting, kinda like a less physical Virtanen. 

As opposed to adding another contract and csp hit I think the Canucks are just as well suited utilizing the players currently under contract in Abby.

3 hours ago, NUCKER67 said:

Perlini - Pick him up!  Got size, was drafted high, so he has skills. Maybe an upgrade over Pearson?  (cheaper anyway) He also played with OEL and Garland

In no way, shape or form, is Perlini an upgrade over Pearson. Pearson was one of our best players on the ice in the first period last night.

Perlini has been flushed from Arizona, Chicago, Detroit, and of all places, now Edmonton, and YOU think he would be a good fit here????

He's barely an AHL player at this point.

5 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Apparently Oilers management didn’t even have the decency to tell Perlini he was going on waivers. He had to find out from his mom who saw it on twitter.

Pretty classless.

Kinda surprising actually. Ken Holland always seemed like the type to be pretty player friendly. Almost to a fault given the contracts he gave out in Detroit.

28 minutes ago, GB5 said:

As opposed to adding another contract and csp hit I think the Canucks are just as well suited utilizing the players currently under contract in Abby.

I believe he is making league min, so cap hits not really an issue. He has good size and speed, but they might not see him as an upgrade over Bailey, who plays a similar style.