The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Proposal] Hoglander for Zadina

Everyone knows Hoglander has the skill but has struggled mightily in his sophmore season and in particular he seems to not be in coach Boudreau's good books. Nils is still very young, but with Garland on the team and signed with term maybe we can move Hoglander to Detroit who loves their Swedes as well and get Zadina?

Zadina was a top pick, foolishly but thankfully taken before Quinn Hughes. He is about 6' tall and  around 195lbs, a winger with good speed and from eliteprospects he sounds like he is a decent skater, something our new management team has spoken about improving time and time again.

https://www.eliteprospects.com/player/236471/filip-zadina 

I am not sure if Yzerman would do that deal straight up or not though. How does CDC feel about it...probably not a fan I assume!?

Zadina was just a player that popped into my head that was struggling and underperforming who might do we with a change of scenary.

I'm  a huge Hoglander fan, I think he will bounce back from a rough season.

With that said, he has exceeded expectations so far in his career, and Zadina has disappointed, and their career numbers aren't far off of each other.  I like Zadina's skill set more, I think I would make that move straight up given the opportunity.

If Brock is traded we could use a young sniper might be worth considering. I wasn't high on Zadina in his draft year he scored a lot of goals but all from the same spot. I haven't followed Zadina much since his draft. A guy I'd really love to pry from Detroit is Veleno I was shocked was available at 30 for them he's exactly what we need. But SY is no dummie 

It's an interesting idea, Hogz is a young LW as well, and they have similar stats. Both could do better, but is it too soon for a change of scenery? They're both still young. Not sure Yzerman is ready to give up on Zadina.

42 minutes ago, Chickenspear said:

He just needs to change his jersey back to 36, ditch the accursed 21, remove it from circulation, and never speak of it again.

I said it before the season started that switching to 21 was a terrible move.  That number is forever cursed for the Canucks and needs to be exiled.  

• Vintage 1

Like the Rangers, Detroit has 2 back to back high end draft picks that are struggling in the NHL.  Zadina or Rasmussen

would be great pickup for the Canucks.  Either on I would exchange for Hogs.  If they never reach their projected top 6

places, they will certainly do well in the bottom 6, whereas if Hogs can't play in a top 6 role, I don't think he stays in

the NHL.

1 hour ago, psharpe07 said:

I said it before the season started that switching to 21 was a terrible move.  That number is forever cursed for the Canucks and needs to be exiled.  

Freeze the No.21, save our young player(s).

2 minutes ago, Teemu Selänne said:

If the Canucks are doing a 1:1 Hoggie trade, I'd rather see a top-4 d-man in his age and value realm brought back tbh

Something like

Hoglander for Lassi Thomson + a 4th

or Hoglander + Rathbone for Dobson

Good old Lassi, was fun watching him play in the W. Think Ottawa would rather move Brannstrom over him maybe?

5 hours ago, psharpe07 said:

it started with Dave Balon

3 hours ago, Teemu Selänne said:

If the Canucks are doing a 1:1 Hoggie trade, I'd rather see a top-4 d-man in his age and value realm brought back tbh

Something like

Hoglander for Lassi Thomson + a 4th

or Hoglander + Rathbone for Dobson

As much as I would love the 1st trade, Ottawa doesn't need another LW or RW.  They have their top 3 lines filled with

young forwards that are playing better than Hogs.

The second trade would never be enough for a player like Dobson.