The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Canucks @ Islanders l Thursday, March 3/22 l 4:30 pm PT

Rate this topic

-DLC-

2 hours ago, BPA said:

What’s with the line juggling?

EP was playing well with Podz and Hogz.

Could he be looking at, what would work in case of trades? Agree would like to see that line back together again.

1 hour ago, DeNiro said:

Should see Di Giuseppe in and Chiasson out. He had way too many missed chances to stay in the top 9.

Would like to see:

Pearson Miller Boeser

Hoglander Pettersson Garland

Di Giuseppe Horvat Podkolzin

Motto Line

nailed it the league GIF by hero0fwar

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, DeNiro said:

Why you would put a guy with no finish with Petey in the first place I don’t know.

Might be time to put Boeser back with him when he’s rolling. Those two have had great chemistry in the past. Maybe Petey can get him rolling.

If it was Boeser instead of Chiasson on those four opportunities Bruce was referring to, Boeser buries 2 out of 4. With Petey back in form, it's time to put Boeser back on Petey's wing.

I would also like Podz with Petey. Podz is a good playmaker and looks way more dangerous alongside Petey than Bo.

Regarding Bo's linemates, the way I see it is that he excels when he is given fast and physical wingers to compliment his north-south game. That's why I think Hogs is a good winger for Bo and DiGiuseppe is a better choice than Chiasson.

Pearson-Miller-Garland

Podz-EP-Boeser

DiGiuseppe-Horvat-Hogs

Highmore-Lamm-Motte

• Cheers 3

53 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Hughes for me but not right away.

Unless you have a natural leader, it's always a good idea to choose the best player as your captain.

Hughes will be the best player on this team if he isn't already.

2 hours ago, Harold Drunken said:

image.png.f958c0ab6bbce47bbea119e31dd31702.png

Probably not very many? Gadj has been a non-factor in San Jose, let's not pretend we let an impact player slip away. I still think we should have kept him as he's cheap...but still.

To be fair Chaisson, and Dickinson aren't exactly lighting it up either. 

4 hours ago, BPA said:

What’s with the line juggling?

EP was playing well with Podz and Hogz.

BB was interviewed and asked about EP’s linemate shuffling. 
Without quoting him he explained Petey tends to Improve the play of anyone on his line. BB feels he has enough skill on his forward lines to shuffle Petey’s line mates in an attempt to spark some of the lesser achievers into producing.

Again, that is not a quote of BB but is the general ideas he conveyed.

1 hour ago, Elias Pettersson said:

As much as I’d like to see Miller wear the “C” I think his occasional outbursts of frustration and anger would not serve him or the team well. 
EP40 would probably do a good job in a couple more years experience under his belt.

Quinn should be left to just do what he does best… move the puck, provide offence and hone his defence.

• Cheers 1