The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Canucks sign Arshdeep Bains

1 hour ago, DeNiro said:

I mean those guys look more like NHLers than the likes of Schroeder, Corrado, Cannata, and Labate.

Sure they might not pan out but at least I can see parts of their game that should translate to the NHL.

In hindsight the flaws of some of those former prospects are so obvious.

Schroeder managed near 200 games. Far more than most picks. 

• Cheers 1

8 minutes ago, sassbs said:

Every brown person in bc will claim they are related to this kid….. it’s a brown thing 

if he makes the team sales in "Bains" jerseys will more than pay for his contract. 

3 hours ago, DeNiro said:

I mean those guys look more like NHLers than the likes of Schroeder, Corrado, Cannata, and Labate.

Sure they might not pan out but at least I can see parts of their game that should translate to the NHL.

Looks like AV should become a NHL scout, he knows who going and not going to become a NHL player. 

Edited by vancan2233
  • Cheers 1

Nice pickup.  Right now kids like this can come in a little under the radar too.  No expectations just come in and report to Abby and grow. Canucks are not desperate at this point so kids can have a little time without an immediate spotlight. I think everyone gets that he is an overager...but let's see what he can develop into.

If Bains becomes an NHL' er down the road it's a great story. If he can hang around in Abby and produces it's a good story. 

Wish him well.

1 minute ago, Podz92 said:

Looks like he is having a good game tonight a goal and an assist for Red Deer. Interesting to see he plays on the same team as Kalan Lind, brother of Kole...

Looks like,19 year old, Benjamin King is having a good year as well. 80 points (43G and 37A) 6'3''/ 200 pounds. 

Edited by vancan2233
  • Cheers 1

4 hours ago, DeNiro said:

Schroeder played 165 NHL games. Don’t be surprised if that’s more than the combined total that L.Karlsson, Woo, DiPietro, and Costmar play.

On 3/11/2022 at 9:39 AM, flickyoursedin said:

Having a great season! Love free prospects!

Signing a 21 year old that's ripping up the WHL as an overager isn't exactly stanley cup parade planning material, but who knows. Sure I guess. 

Edited by cuporbust

On 3/11/2022 at 4:35 PM, JM_ said:

if he makes the team sales in "Bains" jerseys will more than pay for his contract. 

I hate to display reality , but there is very little chance he will ever be a regular NHL player. If he somehow does,  there is almost zero he will be  an impact player. Who knows though. Somebody wins the lottery every week right ? 

Seth Meyers Whatever GIF by Late Night with Seth Meyers

10 hours ago, cuporbust said:

I hate to display reality , but there is very little chance he will ever be a regular NHL player. If he somehow does,  there is almost zero he will be  an impact player. Who knows though. Somebody wins the lottery every week right ? 

Seth Meyers Whatever GIF by Late Night with Seth Meyers

it would be a heck of a nice story tho. Lets check back on him after 2 or 3 years in Abby. 

• Upvote 1

On 3/11/2022 at 5:26 PM, Gnarcore said:

Schroeder managed near 200 games. Far more than most picks. 

about 2/3 of first round picks make it to at least 200 games. schroeder is in the third that didn't get there, and he wasn't really all that close (expressed as a percentage) either.