The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Washington Capitals at Vancouver Canucks | Mar. 11, 2022

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

3 minutes ago, Alflives said:

So we accept on the nights Demko is below .890 we need to score at least four or five to win?  How many games in a row has he been sub .900 now?  But it’s Myers’ fault we lose.  Or it’s Petey’s fault.  Or it’s Bo’s fault.  Or it’s Boeser’s fault.  How about we just accept all players have poor games, but when it’s our goalie that’s a way bigger problem (reason for losing) than if it’s a skater?  

Last game Demko wasn’t good. 

This game, without Demko, especially that one TJ Oshie save in the 2nd as well as Carlson’s blast from the point that almost went above Demko’s blocker, this game would have been 4 or 5-0 coming into the 3rd.

Not to mention that 1 fluke of a goal that was really unfortunate and totally not his fault, and Kuznetsov’s 3rd goal which should have never happened if Petey didn’t miss his assignment, this game would easily have been 3-1, but only possible because of Demko’s performance. 

While I do agree Demko hasn’t been super sharp since that 52 save game he had against the Leafs, he’s made crucial and timely saves thst have either bailed this team out or given the confidence the team needed to get back into games. 

• Upvote 1
  • Vintage 2

7 minutes ago, Canuckfanforlife82 said:

Ya but I think we get upset as well because we know our pk is still a concern. I agree the refs were terrible but it’s a lot harder when your pk isn’t that great.

our PK is bad and eveyrone knew it would be bad when we lost beagle and Edler. OEL,hughes,hamonic and poolman have never been more than tier 2 penalty killers. the only tier 1 pk'er is Myers.

as for the pk forwards All of our forwards other than Motte have been tier 2 PK'ers.

our boys aren't going to learn how to be something they aren't, maybe with time but it takes friggin YEARS to become a established Tier 1 PK'er.

We signed sutter to be our PK Centre, and looks like he wont play again.

the only way our PK will get any better is through trade, OEL isnt gonna cut the mustard.

its why i hated the poolman signing, when Hakanpaa was the better D first bottom pairing guy. missed out there i think. we probably should have resigned edler over hamonic, oh well too late now

11 minutes ago, Nave said:

Man the refs were brutal tonight... Take the point and run. 

I’m not one to complain about reffing usually, but I saw reffing in jr A when I played that was better than that $&!# show tonight. The PP where Washington tied it up 3-3, somebody jumped on Hughes, interfering with him and leading to the Canucks chasing and the scramble out front. Refs didn’t see it of course... there was about 8 bad instances tonight. 

• Cheers 1

7 minutes ago, Petey_BOI said:

our PK is bad and eveyrone knew it would be bad when we lost beagle and Edler. OEL,hughes,hamonic and poolman have never been more than tier 2 penalty killers. the only tier 1 pk'er is Myers.

as for the pk forwards All of our forwards other than Motte have been tier 2 PK'ers.

our boys aren't going to learn how to be something they aren't, maybe with time but it takes friggin YEARS to become a established Tier 1 PK'er.

We signed sutter to be our PK Centre, and looks like he wont play again.

the only way our PK will get any better is through trade, OEL isnt gonna cut the mustard.

its why i hated the poolman signing, when Hakanpaa was the better D first bottom pairing guy. missed out there i think. we probably should have resigned edler over hamonic, oh well too late now

I think the PK would have been significantly better if Scotty Walker didn’t get injured unfortunately. The teams he coached in the OHL were always #1 in the league when he was a coach. 

We saw the PK improving under him and once Walker was away from the team we’ve seen them fall off. 

Have you ever sat blindfolded in a mossy Japanese garden, trying to catch dragonflies darting over a pond, with left-held chopsticks?! I find it's an EXCELLENT way to simulate forechecking the elusive Q Hughes, with the biscuit in his end..lol

Starting to see opposing fwds just say, "F*** it!" & peel off for a change! :^)

• Haha 1

Where are the posters who were screaming for Horvat to be traded???

Good effort by the team to come back in the third.

First two goals by the Caps were flukes, so it was a moral victory.

Another great game by Demko.  Washington goalie was excellent too.

Even though it was a loss was a great game to watch.

This Washington team is still excellent, they could win the Cup if they were a little more motivated.

So for the Canucks to stand toe to toe with them was a credit to how well they are playing.

Continuing to like the overall development of Podkolzin's game... he is playing well in both ends of the rink.

• Vintage 2

2 minutes ago, -AJ- said:

Frustrating loss no doubt, but because Vegas lost, we actually gained a tiny bit of ground in the playoff race tonight. We lost a tiny bit, but Vegas lost more.

Dallas and Nashville are both heating up. But we’ve been playing good hockey under Boudreau so I think vancouver has a legitimate shot at 3rd in the division. 

18 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

We got a point tonight from a game we were behind 2 goals against a top team in the NHL.  I’m pretty happy about that.  We actually gained points on 3 teams tonight including Vegas.  

Last game I went to was the CBJ 4-3 comeback win before Christmas.  

I was so pumped to enjoy another 3rd period W this evening.  

At least we stole an OT point we prob didn't deserve though.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1

16 minutes ago, Odd. said:

...and Kuznetsov’s 3rd goal which should have never happened if Petey didn’t miss his assignment....

Wrong... Pettersson deflected the puck away Kuznetzov, but it hit another Canuck's skate and went back to Kuznetzov.  Not Petey's fault.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Petey_BOI said:

wow, negative much? you drinking too much sourpuss. We gained on vegas. take your negativity somewhere else

I'm not being negative but this homestead is the best opportunity to collect as much points as possible. 

Problem now will be is after the trade deadline Canucks will be facing some beefed up playoff teams (provided they acquire a player) and this probably includes Vegas 

Rough luck, for sure.

I think it's overreacting about Kuz not going to the quiet room.  Pretty sure that is only if they show symptoms. He did sell the hit, but I'm not surprised Myers got 2 on the play.

I'm more pissed about OEL getting 2 when he was only getting a penalty to (almost) even up the high stick that wasn't. That, and OJ Tushie (thanks for sharing that story, Shorty) tackling Huggy were pretty bad.  And don't get me started on Boeser's offside.  Very close call, but they're supposed to let those go for review, if a goal is scored. Oh well. Got one more point than Vegas.

So happy the boys made the awesome comeback.  Sure made up for the sleeper periods that came before.

• Vintage 3

16 minutes ago, *Buzzsaw* said:

Wrong... Pettersson deflected the puck away Kuznetzov, but it hit another Canuck's skate and went back to Kuznetzov.  Not Petey's fault.

No ur wrong!!!!