The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Tuesday March 15 New Jersey Devils(22-32-5) @ Vancouver Canucks(29-24-7) at 7:00 PDST in Rogers Arena and on SNP TV and 650AM.

Rate this topic

Goal:thecup

I just learned that eagles can swim. I didn't know that.

A real world lesson. Just looked out the window and saw a bald eagle about 15ft away from shore in the water. First thought was...'well, you're hooped' , then it started doing a sloppy breast stroke and got to the beach. Sure enough it had some kind of treat in it's talons, a fish. It's enjoying it on a log right now.

Anyway, what thread is this?

Go Nucks. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, sxqhfeh said:

Canucks will be better without ep40 5 on 5, but pp will be hit a little

I’m surprised you went an hour with this lousy post without getting flamed. 

So I’m going to have to flame you hard on this one. U are clueless

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

19 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

A real world lesson. Just looked out the window and saw a bald eagle about 15ft away from shore in the water. First thought was...'well, you're hooped' , then it started doing a sloppy breast stroke and got to the beach. Sure enough it had some kind of treat in it's talons, a fish. It's enjoying it on a log right now.

Go Nucks. 

• Upvote 1

39 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

Go Nucks. 

Saw a eagle get a fish outside of Smiths Inlet when I was gillnetting. The fish was a pretty big salmon, sucked the eagle down. Never came back up.

• Sad 2
  • Vintage 1

36 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

Go Nucks. 

As I understand it, once they get a fish, they can't open their talons until they land (or, get to land).

It was an extremely long time ago, and I was a child, but there were adults there with me, and I remember an eagle losing to a big salmon that started somewhat like what you saw.

After a furious struggle at the surface, with both bird and eagle rising up out of the water and falling back, water splashing everywhere, the eagle gradually was overcome, and all calmed except the circles of waves extending past its vanishing point of submersion.

Sadly, I was told that both would die.

(Less elegant, but delicious creatures like Rock and Dungeness crabs would eat and grow though.)

What thread is this?  This is The Game Day Thread, aka the GDT, also as the Don't Let Your Devils Fly Too Close To Those Orcas Thread!

GO CANUCKS GO!!

Devils:  Look out for the Uhaul Lammikko Truck Fulla Nux too!

Here's BB Prepp'n Lammy & The Boys for the Opening Faceoff:

Stupid Hockey GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

• Cheers 1