The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Ducks trade Josh Manson to Avalanche for Drew Helleson, 2023 2nd-round pick

• -Vintage Canuck- changed the title to [Trade] Ducks trade Josh Manson to Avalanche for Drew Helleson, 2023 draft pick

Helleson was a guy I hoped we were targeting. Looks like that ship has sailed. A lot to give up for a UFA. Looks like Colorado is going for it this year, without salary going the other way in this trade I think that just eliminates a deal with us and Colorado.

Edit: Looks like Anaheim is retaining 50%. Still leaves some room. I say they go hard for Miller here.

Edited by KyGuy123
  • Like 1

• -Vintage Canuck- changed the title to [Trade] Ducks trade Josh Manson to Avalanche for Drew Helleson, 2023 2nd-round pick
4 minutes ago, gurn said:

Anaheim throwing in the towel for this year?

Canucks, in 5th, up 1 point with 2 games in hand.

They likely sell and try to come back stronger next year, they've had about as good a chance as we have at this point in the season and that ain't exactly great. 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

They likely sell and try to come back stronger next year, they've had about as good a chance as we have at this point in the season and that ain't exactly great. 

I think they also don't want to overpay Manson next year, which is part of this too. 

Edited by JM_
  • Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, JM_ said:

I think they also don't want to overpay Manson for next year, which is part of this too. 

Oh def, they've got some pending guys who they may not want to pay or who may not want to stick around.

They've also got Rakell and Lindholm as UFA's of note though I imagine they'll try and retain Lindholm if he'll sign. This season and last have been a bit disappointing for Rakell, could be a good time to sell. 

Ducks have plenty of youth and some decent vets mixed in, they'll also have Kesler coming off the books and have lots of cap space to play with. Wouldn't be surprised to see them be better next season if their management can make some effective acquisitions.  

I respect their GM for knowing when to throw in the towel and get assets, we sure could have used more of that under Benning. 

Edited by Coconuts
  • Cheers 2

2 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

Oh def, they've got some pending guys who they may not want to pay or who may not want to stick around.

They've also got Rakell and Lindholm as UFA's of note though I imagine they'll try and retain Lindholm if he'll sign. This season and last have been a bit disappointing for Rakell, could be a good time to sell. 

Ducks have plenty of youth and some decent vets mixed in, they'll also have Kesler coming off the books and have lots of cap space to play with. Wouldn't be surprised to see them be better next season if their management can make some effective acquisitions.  

I respect their GM for knowing when to throw in the towel and get assets, we sure could have used more of that under Benning. 

yeah Hampus is the big ticket on that team... I can imagine there are a few teams in on him. Plus ANA can take back a ton of salary. I can see the Leafs trying to get him for Sandin and a 1st. 

25 minutes ago, CRAZY_4_NAZZY said:

Wow didn't see this one coming. Good add for Colorado, that blueline looks intimidating

Toews-Makar

Girard-Manson

Murray/Byram-Johnson

Colorado I'd imagine isn't done adding, they are going all in I bet.

Pretty much guatanteed they'll use one of Girard or Byram in a move for a fwd.........I wonder who they could be thinking about

Pondering Which One GIF by Moncho

• Upvote 1

Just now, JM_ said:

yeah Hampus is the big ticket on that team... I can imagine there are a few teams in on him. Plus ANA can take back a ton of salary. I can see the Leafs trying to get him for Sandin and a 1st. 

Might make more sense to re-sign him if he will stay, but if he wants to leave they'll move him no doubt. Anaheim's been in a rebuild for a while and it's beginning to show fruit. Hard to say how far along they are, but with Gibson backstopping it they'll be in most games despite his recent struggles. 

7 minutes ago, stawns said:

Pretty much guatanteed they'll use one of Girard or Byram in a move for a fwd.........I wonder who they could be thinking about

Pondering Which One GIF by Moncho

I really think Byram for Miller will be the base for a trade, they kept their first as well. I could see both those assets for Miller retained.