The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Flames @ Canucks l Saturday, March 19/22 l 7:00 pm PT - GO CANUCKS

Rate this topic

-DLC-

Got a feeling this will be a really physical game tonight.

The Lames will want revenge for the drubbing we gave them on their last visit, and they'll be pissed they got beaten by Buffalo yesterday.

In the meantime I guess we have to cheer for the Laffs to beat NSH. Damn that's going to hurt.

35 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

This should be a great segment.

I remember when they used to let us hooligans stay in the stands and they'd do the After Hours out on the ice...was there for the Burr segment. Was telling people "shhh" so I could hear his interview! LOL, I think it was after that one they shut it down!   

• Haha 1
  • Vintage 1

1 hour ago, Darius said:

you got a great memory Batch…

Yup Canucks could have won it multiple times in OT, in the end the cheaters kicked it in.. that series rookie Linden really stepped up along with two ex Flames Bozek and Reinhart.  Reinhart was amazing - think Quinn Hughes, slightly taller and much heavier.. 

Here is the game… the OT is one of the best in team history as far as excitement goes.

Four penalties today in the first minute lol...for nothing...well exaggerating a little...oh and look how slowwwww they are.   Not.  And damn do those guys look good in those jerseys.   First face off - Linden vs Otto.   As a rookie.   

Edited by IBatch
  • Cheers 1

6 minutes ago, -DLC- said:

I remember when they used to let us hooligans stay in the stands and they'd do the After Hours out on the ice...was there for the Burr segment. Was telling people "shhh" so I could hear his interview! LOL, I think it was after that one they shut it down!   

Must have been some "shhhh" :lol:

• Haha 3

One of the main reasons we will have a shot at the playoffs, or the main reason is Demko and his stellar play. If we do make the playoffs I like our chances more than EDM and TO because they do not have the horse needed to win a 7 game series and will both get bounced in the 1st rnd guaranteed!!!

3 hours ago, NUCKER67 said:

I wonder what the mindset of the managers will be if they lose tonight.

Does Demko start again tomorrow or do they put Halak in the last game before the TDL?

Demko is going to be burnt out.  Playoffs?

Not sure.  But it wasn't that long ago that number ones played 70ish games a year.   And then the post season.   So burnt out.   Well maybe they should be doing whatever the Furh - Broduer generation was doing as far as fitness goes.   Sure there are a lot of goalies that would love to play 100 or so games a year and win a cup out there.    Know a lot of folks who worked their body hard for 60 hours a week that would think that's a pretty easy gig. 

Edited by IBatch
  • Cheers 1

2 hours ago, Bo fan said:

Please just win  - insufferable flames fans are the worst.

Ring your cow bell long and hard Deb

Go Canucks Go

I think that distinction belongs to TO Laff fans!!! Also, cowbell is a very Alberta thing. Not my cup of tea, if others enjoy it and rattle them at the games it makes me cringe and drink more to try and tune it out (very hard to do) Also, those things remind me of going to a CFL game.

Go Canucks Go!! 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Toyotasfan said:

it is pretty bad when you can’t even trust your back up to start against Buffalo. 

I mean he was good with no goal support early in the season but it’s pretty obvious the last couple starts that his confidence is broken.

Once he lets in one the flood gates open. We can’t afford to see if he can rebound in crucial games.

My guess is they really try to push a Halak trade by the deadline an let Martin take some games down the stretch.