The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Flames @ Canucks l Saturday, March 19/22 l 7:00 pm PT - GO CANUCKS

Rate this topic

-DLC-

1 minute ago, King Heffy said:

Playing the useless plug that Green gifted a job over actual NHLers is a huge slap in the face to our guys.

I'm not sure what you're saying but I think I may agree. I think some electrical outlets may have snuck back in. I think there is 3 of them thar guys though. They seem to be multiplying. Next thing you know half the league is AHL trash. Honestly what is this league coming to?

2 minutes ago, Dazzle said:

This would be a huge mistake not to trade him. We can use this time to regroup the team, reassess our assets, and make the playoffs next year if we are so lucky.

Let's consider that since their Stanley cup run in 2011. 10 years: ONE time have they gone beyond the first round, 3 times they made the first round but won zero games, and 6 of 10 years they didn't even make the playoffs.

JT Miller is their best player by far. Who is going to lead the team next year without Miller? We have no one - Boeser? Horvat? Petterson? Boeser is more likely to get traded on Monday for lack of production or future. Horvat is okay but not in the same quality or leadership as Miller.

I don't think people realize what a team killer it will be to fans and players to lose their best player. The team will be lost and much worse. ZERO chance they make the playoffs next year without Miller.

• Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1

4 minutes ago, N4ZZY said:

I can't watch the game tonight, but why the comment? Is it specifically how he's playing tonight?

Man, this team just isn't good enough. How is JT playing? Bo? Demko? Hughes? 

Have you watched the nucks this season?  Boeser is the slowest and softest turnover king in hockey 

• Haha 1

Our transition game is so bad. Teams get so many grade A chances on us in transition it's ridiculous. 

As good as our forecheck has been at times with BB and Demko a lot of times, nothing can mask it. 

It's the type of thing that will kill you in the playoffs.

Just now, stawns said:

ironically, not as far as people think if the right Miller trade comes about, as opposed to if they want to re-sign him

If we are that close, I wonder if it makes mores sense to move Petey and  Brock for a serious D piece + and keep Miller.  I see Miller as more of an effective playoff performer than Petey, or Brock and petey's injury history is becoming chronic. 

I think Halak starts the 3rd. Looked like he was told by Boudreau on the bench at the end of the 2nd, and his expression was "Why!?". Shook his head and walked to the tunnel. Maybe they want to re-start Demko tomorrow, give him a  bit of rest. Canucks ae out of this one. 

• Like 1