The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Canucks interested in Travis Dermott

23 minutes ago, KirkSave said:

Is the source a TO based journalist?

Yuck.

Every time I open a new Google window on my phone articles appear based on my likes. I've seen these stupid articles trying to trade him and Holl for months now. At least 6 different articles. 

https://tipofthetower.com/2021/02/06/toronto-maple-leafs-travis-dermott-trade-rumours-not-surprising/

58 minutes ago, Gawdzukes said:

Lol, this a joke. No we're not. Toronto media is filled with idiots who have been trying to clear cap since the season started. He's AHL rubbish for real.

Friedman hasn’t had one single rumour of his pan out for years. These guys don’t know any more than all of us. They just swap rumours and potential fits on Twitter then publish on their platform. 32 thoughts of crap and recycled trash most  if the time 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

12 minutes ago, EddieVedder said:

Little rathbone probably wont be a regular nhler here.  No way are we icing 2 miniature dmen in our top 6.  You only have to look at the calgary game to see how easily the flamers were able to overpower our dmen.

That’s why you pair a little guy like Hughes with a guy like Schenn. Rathbone and Hughes wouldn’t be on the ice together. We can find another big solid dman for Rathbone. Dermott isn’t good. I’d rather have someone with potential, even if it’s not Rathbone. 

54 minutes ago, AV. said:

Colour me shocked that Canucks fans don't rate this guy, but put their lives on the line to defend way inferior players like Poolman, Hunt, etc.

Canucks fans never learn..

Aren't you a Canuck's fan?  

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, CanuckFan1123 said:

That’s why you pair a little guy like Hughes with a guy like Schenn. Rathbone and Hughes wouldn’t be on the ice together. We can find another big solid dman for Rathbone. Dermott isn’t good. I’d rather have someone with potential, even if it’s not Rathbone. 

THG suggested prying a guy like Grans out of LA.  Sounds like a better idea.  6'3" 206 19 year old Swede, 35 OA in 2020.  7-13-20 in 46 games in Ontario this year.

• Like 1
  • Vintage 1

10 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Aren't you a Canuck's fan?  

Yeah, I'm not sure how anyone can argue that Poolman isn't better than Dermott when the latter can't crack a lineup that includes 3 AHLers on the blueline when healthy.  Hunt is terrible but at least he'll hopefully be gone after this season.  What in holy hell has Dermott done to suggest he has any hope of ever becoming an actual NHL quality player?

• Like 2

If we are sending back Poolman or Dickinson (guys getting paid more than Dermott and having longer term) then I can see adding Motte to one of those two.  It's a savings on cap for next season and then Dermott is gone anyway.  Consider it a cap clearing move.  Got to use our valued assets to dumperoo the ones that have less than zero value.  I can see several trades like this (we attach a cap dump to a player with value) where we take back less salary and term than is coming back.

1 hour ago, AV. said:

Colour me shocked that Canucks fans don't rate this guy, but put their lives on the line to defend way inferior players like Poolman, Hunt, etc.

Canucks fans never learn..

THANK YOU. Idc that he’s a Leaf if he upgrades our bottom pair, which he would, I’m all for it. 

• Cheers 1

10 minutes ago, Crabcakes said:

THG suggested prying a guy like Grans out of LA.  Sounds like a better idea.  6'3" 206 19 year old Swede, 35 OA in 2020.  7-13-20 in 46 games in Ontario this year.

I definitely like this take. Seems like a more attainable target than Schneider out of New York.

5 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

Yeah, I'm not sure how anyone can argue that Poolman isn't better than Dermott when the latter can't crack a lineup that includes 3 AHLers on the blueline when healthy.  Hunt is terrible but at least he'll hopefully be gone after this season.  What in holy hell has Dermott done to suggest he has any hope of ever becoming an actual NHL quality player?

Anyone who has a basic understanding of the game and isn’t blinded by petty hate. If he wasn’t a Leaf you wouldn’t have any issues acquiring him. 

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1
  • Vintage 1

lol so much hate for Dermott. I wouldn't be against if he's basically free. Would be an upgrade and have a higher ceiling than Hunt. If the plan is for Rathbone to lead Abby to the playoffs down the stretch (and either Hunt or Juulsen could join him). I'd be fine with that. No more than a 5th round pick or Halak tho I would hope. 

1 minute ago, Pears said:

Anyone who has a basic understanding of the game and isn’t blinded by petty hate. If he wasn’t a Leaf you wouldn’t have any issues acquiring him. 

When he came up, they thought he was going to be a stud and he was hyped.  Didn't play out that way.  Damn shame

2 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

Poolman can actually play defence.  Dermott cannot.

If I recall correctly you had the same viewpoints on Hunt before being proven embarrassingly wrong after he came in and provided steady play. Dermott is an upgrade. 

• Cheers 1

I just want picks and prospects for our players. Every other team does this except us it seems. Dermott is a ‘nice’ player but does he really move the needle defensively for us? No. 

unless management has plans to trade Hamonic and Myers, OEL etc I see no need for another bottom 6 guy.