The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Jets trade Andrew Copp, 2023 6th-round pick to Rangers for Morgan Barron, conditional 2022 2nd-round pick, conditional 2023 2nd-round pick, 2023 5th-round pick

1 minute ago, Laheys Liquor said:

I haven't been on this site in a while, but you guys seriously don't want Miller to be extended and be a Canuck..? Wut...?

They think he will be a third liner after we sign him and it’s not our window. That’s a short summary 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Laheys Liquor said:

I haven't been on this site in a while, but you guys seriously don't want Miller to be extended and be a Canuck..? Wut...?

The issue is just how long will Miller's extension be?

Could be too much money for too old a player at the end.

4 minutes ago, Alflives said:

well there goes any Miller to the Rags hopes.  Such a waste of a deadline for us.  

yup, no clue what our new gm is doing, esp keeping brock, who i think wants 7mill or something after this seeason lol, and even though love miller, we coulda got the world for him:( but mainthing is i figured we trade brock atleast, but guess no good offers or canucks were trying to get to much for him

3 minutes ago, Alflives said:

well there goes any Miller to the Rags hopes.  Such a waste of a deadline for us.  

This team doesn't need picks and prospects for our stars, hockey trades fine but anyone who was hoping the new regime was willing to move the core for hopes and dreams thankfully didn't get their way.

• Vintage 1

33 minutes ago, x00x said:

yup, no clue what our new gm is doing, esp keeping brock, who i think wants 7mill or something after this seeason lol, and even though love miller, we coulda got the world for him:( but mainthing is i figured we trade brock atleast, but guess no good offers or canucks were trying to get to much for him

Why would you assume this?

They could still do a trade for Brock in the offseason, especially if they sign him to an extension first. Look at Boston and Debrusk, he'll still likely be traded within the next year and just re-signed. 

I imagine Brock will have to sign for less then his qualifying offer since this season hasn't been great. Maybe he'll want a 2 year bridge to show that he's still got more to him. I would think Brock signed for 2 years at about 6 million is a tradeable contract. 

• -Vintage Canuck- changed the title to [Trade] Jets trade Andrew Copp, 2023 6th-round pick to Rangers for Morgan Barron, conditional 2022 2nd-round pick, conditional 2023 2nd-round pick, 2023 5th-round pick
4 hours ago, Laheys Liquor said:

Oh boy... don't do it man... just move along... it's not worth it!

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Drakrami said:

Ok scratching my head on this one.. Rangers are willing to pay this much for Copp who is a better player than Motte but not by too much.... But seriously, all we get is a 4th...? 

I love Motte as much as anybody here, but let's not get carried away.  Copp is a much more complete player than Motte.  Probably 17 to 20 goals a year, and 50+ points.