The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

How did JR/PA do on TDL 2022? (10 being best, 1 being worst)

Rate this topic

HKSR

Scale of 1 - 10, how did JR/PA do on TDL 2022?  

251 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Pretty entertaining on SN650 right now. Along with a lot of folks on this board, many of the hosts were clamouring for the end of the Benning/Green era. And now the spin trying to pump up this new management group’s lack of action and coherent communication is something to behold. 

I hope Rutherford bounces back from COVID just fine….because he needs to be on the front line of communication in lieu of his Swedish “protege”.

All in all, pretty damned underwhelming day. Now going for a jog.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2
  • Haha 1

Do we lose Boes for nothing if we don't match Qo? 

I give this a 2/10. Because they did not capitalize on a seller's market. 

If Laffy was available and we didn't pull the trigger, how do we feel in 5 years if miller walks? Or we get much less in off season or next tdl. I guess we won't ever know if it was possible, but I'm just dissapointed because it feels we got nothing and lost motte and I was hoping to have new guys to feel good about. 

26 minutes ago, RWJC said:

Have one look at the Rags roster and then calculate their cap for next year. I would be very surprised if Motte is part of that team. If anything PA is giving him a better chance at a cup. Let’s just see where Motte ends up and for how much before lambasting the move.

It absolutely sucks for us, I agree.

But it may end up we got a 4th for free, we just don’t know yet 

That's some really wishful thinking, unfortunately. Bottom line is that this Motte trade was completely unnecessary, you do not shake up the locker room and send a completely random signal to a close knit group for a 4th rounder. JR and Allvin better pull some magic in the off season because this TDL was pretty brutal.

• Vintage 1

Today went pretty much the way I thought it would work out. Not much activity.

The media and social media personalities hyped up this market for an expected busy deadline season. Motte was really the only UFA with worth on this team, the rest of the major pieces will unfold in the offseason or next TDL.

I give Allvin and his group a 6/10. I definitely thought we would get more for Motte, at least a 3rd or even a 2nd. But seeing how Jarnkrok, Lehkonen got 2nds, and Mason Appleton, Nick Paul and other more offensively inclined bottom six guys only got 4ths in return, seemed like the market was luke warm for those like Motte.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

1 minute ago, RWJC said:

A lot of instant gratification syndrome on these boards.

can’t make a trade if your players aren’t valued or able to be fit under cap for the teams who *might* be able to use them come playoffs 

Deals could have been done long before today that's my concern. 

Just now, 13231 said:

That's some really wishful thinking, unfortunately. Bottom line is that this Motte trade was completely unnecessary, you do not shake up the locker room and send a completely random signal to a close knit group for a 4th rounder. JR and Allvin better pull some magic in the off season because this TDL was pretty brutal.

Sorry, but are you Motte’s relative?

how the hell do any of us know what his agent was commanding? Two sides to this equation. If he was going to be affordable - he’s already proven his value to EVERYONE including mgmt - he would have already been re-signed, no?

again, have to wait and see what he commands as a UFA before ppl dismiss this as failure.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, CRAZY_4_NAZZY said:

Today went pretty much the way I thought it would work out. Not much activity.

The media and social media personalities hyped up this market for an expected busy deadline season. Motte was really the only UFA with worth on this team, the rest of the major pieces will unfold in the offseason or next TDL.

I give Allvin and his group a 6/10. I definitely thought we would get more for Motte, at least a 3rd or even a 2nd. But seeing how Jarnkrok, Lehkonen got 2nds, and Mason Appleton, Nick Paul and other more offensively inclined bottom six guys only got 4ths in return, seemed like the market was luke warm for those like Motte.

Exactly - too much of the same product for sale diminishes its value. 

3 minutes ago, DS4quality said:

Deals could have been done long before today that's my concern. 

While were in a playoff wildcard spot hunt?!? Highly unlikely

Everybody, myself included, wants the best of both worlds. Unfortunately that is a rarity.

Edited by RWJC
  • Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Wouldn't want to upset the owner.  

Yeah, never know, right?

and if they are indeed going to try to resign Miller, one way to prevent that is to gut the team from underneath him 

Edited by RWJC
  • Like 1