The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

What would Jesus do?

Rate this topic

Rocket-68

Make the playoffs or swing for the first overall pick?  

54 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

At the risk of being labelled "Captain Obvious", my beloved Canucks are on the lower end of the "chance to make the playoffs" scale.

Granted Las Vegas is stumbling at the right time giving Vancouver a game in hand with three games coming up against da-Knights (2H, 1A) and even giving Vancouver a 2-0-1 in those three games, still a tall order.

Now assume that a miracle happens and Vancouver also beats Dallas twice, this would give a Vancouver a chance at squeaking in, barely.

Yes, a tall order of "what-ifs" above and noted that a lot of other "needs to happen" have been left out. Would the playoff experience trump a chance at an impact player? For me, I would lean towards picking well in the draft and try to build for next year. The rationale for me is to try and regain a chance at a high-end prospect (possibly in the top 5). 

For the record I don't think Vancouver will go 2-0-1 against Vegas or 2-0 against Dallas but hope springs eternal. 

Flame away, I have my asbestos underwear on.

It's not

1 hour ago, Rocket-68 said:

At the risk of being labelled "Captain Obvious", my beloved Canucks are on the lower end of the "chance to make the playoffs" scale.

Granted Las Vegas is stumbling at the right time giving Vancouver a game in hand with three games coming up against da-Knights (2H, 1A) and even giving Vancouver a 2-0-1 in those three games, still a tall order.

Now assume that a miracle happens and Vancouver also beats Dallas twice, this would give a Vancouver a chance at squeaking in, barely.

Yes, a tall order of "what-ifs" above and noted that a lot of other "needs to happen" have been left out. Would the playoff experience trump a chance at an impact player? For me, I would lean towards picking well in the draft and try to build for next year. The rationale for me is to try and regain a chance at a high-end prospect (possibly in the top 5). 

For the record I don't think Vancouver will go 2-0-1 against Vegas or 2-0 against Dallas but hope springs eternal. 

Flame away, I have my asbestos underwear on.

Jesus has bigger things to attend to than NHL hockey...Hockey Jesus on the other hand would say play to the best of your ability and don't cheat anyone from an honest effort. He would also say try to win the day. Every day. 

We also know that the Hockey Gods hate the Canucks, so Hockey Jesus wouldn't give a rats @$$ whether the team tanked or not.  Given how the Canucks have played the last three games, which may have arguably been the most important games of the season, it LOOKS like they've given up and are tanking. Keep giving this same type of effort, and the team will play itself into irrelevance.

• Cheers 1

25 minutes ago, bigbadcanucks said:

It's not

Jesus has bigger things to attend to than NHL hockey...Hockey Jesus on the other hand would say play to the best of your ability and don't cheat anyone from an honest effort. He would also say try to win the day. Every day. 

We also know that the Hockey Gods hate the Canucks, so Hockey Jesus wouldn't give a rats @$$ whether the team tanked or not.  Given how the Canucks have played the last three games, which may have arguably been the most important games of the season, it LOOKS like they've given up and are tanking. Keep giving this same type of effort, and the team will play itself into irrelevance.

Lol Hockey Jesus would demand a trade from Edmonton.  He looks like he walks on water while flying out there, while his team is treading water.

11 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Haha, I still have mine, for now.  I like Christmas carols.  Might move up to opera real soon...

That is such a beautiful house.

I remember it from before it became Canuck House (is that the correct name); nice big lot too.

• Cheers 1
  • Huggy Bear 1