The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at Arizona Coyotes | Apr. 07, 2022

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

1 hour ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

My GDT record is now 3-0-0 this season.

did you shut down the GDT while I was replying?

I don't get why Al Mo was in the Miller Time paragraph, but not the Phenoemal para, immediately below

help me out here

1 hour ago, 1-d said:

Guess we didn't skill them up enough.

just for a second I thought it would be great if Chiasson would score a Michigan to complete the hatty

then give Beagle a smirk

and ask Beags to fight

One final comment. I was watching the Arizona feed and their commentators were gushing over our players (and not just the former Coyote players, either). Fair and unbiased commentating, which is a breath of fresh air from the Colorado and Boston-esque commentary.

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, DownUndaCanuck said:

Halak was solid all night long. There was a big turning point where it looked like Ritchie scored and Halak made a mess of it but that was absolute brilliant coaching by Bruce, not only to challenge but to call a timeout. Doesn't get enough credit but that could have been the game right there. After that the team and Halak really settled down. 

If not for the challenge I thought it was going to be the turn around for AZ. Halak’s expression showed so much disappointment too. 

• Vintage 1

1 hour ago, fanfor42 said:

If Van wins 8 of 10 including beating Vegas and LA then this needs to happen:

LA goes 4 and 4 in their other remaining games (other than the one with us)

Vegas goes 5 and 4 in their remaining games (other than the one with us)

If that happens we finish with 94 pts LA 94 pts and Vegas 92 pts,  We win the tiebreaker with LA with more regulation wins and we finish 3rd in the division.  We play Edm in the first round.

Well that's one very specific outcome out of myriad possible outcomes. But yes we are going to have to have to win almost all our games and rely on teams we are trailing to have a win % of 0.5 or less. It would be amazing.

37 minutes ago, Iron Man said:

One final comment. I was watching the Arizona feed and their commentators were gushing over our players (and not just the former Coyote players, either). Fair and unbiased commentating, which is a breath of fresh air from the Colorado and Boston-esque commentary.

who was on the call?

Basically we have to win 90% of the games and one of the other teams we're chasing has to go .500.

Don't like the odds but of course it's possible, especially based on the way we just played.

My main concern is that the Canucks did this recently - looked like world beaters against Colorado, Minny and Dallas on the road then returned to a home-stand and got beaten by the Blues so badly, and just looked like crap.

5 game home-stand should be a joy for most teams but we're a .500 hockey team on home ice for some reason. 

• Vintage 1

1 hour ago, Iron Man said:

Agreed, I watched the Coyotes stream and they're very humble presenters considering how bad their team is. They could easily go the route of trying to talk up their own players to attract more fans but they really do gush over other team's players (maybe they're more exciting to bring fans in?).

It's interesting seeing how another team's commentators views your team and they said the Canucks looked dominant all game long and played the perfect road game (which they did), but they hit the nail on the head of how inconsistent we've been all season and just up and down, but when we're up we're unbeatable.

Watched an LA game recently and their commentators are some of the worst too...

• Thanks 1