The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Dallas Stars at Vancouver Canucks | Apr. 18, 2022

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

Starting goaltender vs. Senators  

174 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

7 minutes ago, JM_ said:

All that outrage over the Gaudette deal :lol: 

Funny thing is there was outrage over the Miller deal too lol... WHAT? WHY WOULD WE TRADE AWAY OUR 1ST ROUND PICK FOR A 3RD LINE WINGER????

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, iinatcc said:

I mean I am not for tanking but I wish this could have been done sooner (the winning I mean). 

That said if they make the playoffs ... great ( i still don't think they will) but if not I guess 16th overall pick isn't bad I mean Barzal is 16th overall right?

And guys like Chychrun and McAvoy have been picked mid first too. Just have to be the team to find them ;)

• Cheers 2

1 hour ago, HKSR said:

I still believe if coach BB was here from game 1 this season, there would be no question this team is in the playoffs.  Coach TG had them playing .300 hockey for over 20 games!!  That is absolutely atrocious.  

The main lesson for this season: the importance of matching the roster with the right coach - one of JBs' biggest mistake when building the team.  He & Green focused too much on roster tweaking, which created a roster lacking in cohesiveness cause of all the roster turnover.  Simply put, Green had no clue on how to win in the NHL and how he ended his tenure, only proves it.

• Cheers 1

Absolute cracker of a game !!! You can really see the desire in every shift and from every player right now. 

Even if they don't make it you gotta hope this core finally learns this kinda effort, day in day out, is what it takes to win. This level of intensity is night and day from the 'old normal' kind of play that sees them in this hole. 

Also if we see Podz play like he has in the last 10 for 90% of a season - i'll take him over Zegras any day ! Absolutely looking like the player we all hoped he would be from his Jnr Days. 

• Cheers 1

10 hours ago, SergioMomesso said:

He looked fine to me. 

550807E2-775A-4D4B-AD8A-3F4080FB8413.jpeg

DFC318EC-7617-4888-AAF8-4E806DEAABCF.jpeg

Look at him…this is either after or before vomiting and/or diarrhea, perhaps weight-loss & even lack of sleep?

Having zero or little power left to skate, with a headache and/or deep aches in your muscles & bones preventing you from checking or hitting with any authority…Chiasson made the right call when there were far more able-bodied & healthier teammates available to do the job, tonight. If that weren’t so - maybe he plays.

Was the illness the beginning of something or at the tail-end of it? Either way, doctors cleared him to play, but he still knew his own mind & body - thus reporting himself unfit. My respects go out to him for that!

Should we be questioning the competence of the doctors, again, that this decision came so late? 

I really hope Chiasson’s troubles are merely temporary & not some form of post-concussion syndrome or a sign of anything worse. My best wishes for his health & fitness going forward.

In fact, let’s send out some prayers all around for everyone still sidelined & on the mend. Should this team make the play-offs (and I believe they will) more readiness, strength, fitness & depth will be needed going forward. 

Battle on, playing one game at time, rinsing & repeating, until that very lofty threshold has been reached, fellas! This group is extra-ordinary…gaining more cohesion, momentum, confidence, respect & league-wide accolades with each game played. 

Go for the W Canucks! Gooooooo!

Edited by viking mama

1 minute ago, ShawnAntoski said:

The main lesson for this season: the importance of matching the roster with the right coach - one of JBs' biggest mistake when building the team.  He & Green focused too much on roster tweaking, which created a roster lacking in cohesiveness cause of all the roster turnover.  Simply put, Green had no clue on how to win in the NHL and how he ended his tenure, only proves it.

That's exactly it. How much time did he spend in training camp and preseason trying out AHLers to find the absolute best player out of those guys? He wasted all of that time instead of coming up with a good system and having the players learn it. 

It's because he doesn't have confidence in his own abilities to come up with a strategy and coach. 

BB on the other hand... It doesn't matter who's playing... We've now seen Highmore, Lockwood, Chiasson, Dries, Lammikko, Dickinson, Richardson all play better than what we thought they were capable of because BB implements systems that play to their strengths. 

I knew a coach was important but I didn't realize how important it was until this season. 

I thought they were all pros and a good coach may make a 10 pt difference in the standings max... 

BB is pretty much doubling TGs output. 

• Cheers 3

1 hour ago, EddieVedder said:

If he hadnt already,  Highmore has earned a spot here.   He brings so much energy and emotion every shift.  He plays in the dirty areas, always seems to win puck battles despite his size.  I think because he was drafted as a centre, he knows to play responsibly out there.  

And we cant trade garland.  Comes to play everynight.

Still laughing at all the posters up in arms that we gave away superstar A.Gaudette and only got Highmore. Dime a dozen replacement player they said.

Edited by Gawdzukes

1 minute ago, CanucksJay said:

That's exactly it. How much time did he spend in training camp and preseason trying out AHLers to find the absolute best player out of those guys? He wasted all of that time instead of coming up with a good system and having the players learn it. 

It's because he doesn't have confidence in his own abilities to come up with a strategy and coach. 

BB on the other hand... It doesn't matter who's playing... We've now seen Highmore, Lockwood, Chiasson, Dries, Lammikko, Dickinson, Richardson all play better than what we thought they were capable of because BB implements systems that play to their strengths. 

I knew a coach was important but I didn't realize how important it was until this season. 

I thought they were all pros and a good coach may make a 10 pt difference in the standings max... 

BB is pretty much doubling TGs output. 

Yes, and let's not rip this team apart in the offseason again.  The last time this team had this kind of cohesiveness and determination, we saw Markstrom, Tanev, Toffoli, Edler, and Co. all leave one after another.  Ripped the chemistry apart on the team.  Now we're hearing the same vibes of moving Miller, Boeser, Myers, Garland, and heck, some even talk about Bo.  How on Earth does this team gain any momentum and chemistry when they keep getting dismantled? 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, hammertime said:

Doesn't look good.

No it doesn't... maybe Halak should be in tonight.  Besides, despite what so many posters on CDC are saying, this team hasn't been carried by goaltending in awhile.  It's the 5+ goals a game that makes it easier to win games.  The PP and PK are top 10 in the league in the past little while, offence and defence 5v5 are also right near the top of the league too.  But yep, keep telling me that this is a bubble playoff team because Green had them playing .300 hockey for 1/4 of the season.

8 hours ago, Rindiculous said:

It started cause the DJ played "Whoop, there it is" sometime in the third period.

That's what the goal song should be changed to if coach BB is extended.  Would be annoying for other teams to hear 'Whoomp (Bruce) There It Is' 6 or7 times in a game lol

And the bass from that song would rock the arena all night long haha

Edited by HKSR
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, HKSR said:

Yes, and let's not rip this team apart in the offseason again.  The last time this team had this kind of cohesiveness and determination, we saw Markstrom, Tanev, Toffoli, Edler, and Co. all leave one after another.  Ripped the chemistry apart on the team.  Now we're hearing the same vibes of moving Miller, Boeser, Myers, Garland, and heck, some even talk about Bo.  How on Earth does this team gain any momentum and chemistry when they keep getting dismantled? 

The only blemish under BB's 51 games here is that this team came unprepared to play every 1 in 8-9 games. It used to be unprepared every 3 games under TG. 

We also had crappy starts from TG all the way to BB and started seeing less of it recently. 

BB is slowly coaching out all the bad habits which take time. 

Lastly, we've won games and beaten teams like the Avs with Zero turnovers in a entire game. 

We've beaten many of the top heavyweights in the league. 

I would love to see this team run it back next year with a full preseason under BB, Shaw, Walker and Co. 

That being said, I'm still open to trades if ppl are overpaying. 

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, CanucksJay said:

The only blemish under BB's 51 games here is that this team came unprepared to play every 1 in 8-9 games. It used to be unprepared every 3 games under TG. 

We also had crappy starts from TG all the way to BB and started seeing less of it recently. 

BB is slowly coaching out all the bad habits which take time. 

Lastly, we've won games and beaten teams like the Avs with Zero turnovers in a entire game. 

We've beaten many of the top heavyweights in the league. 

I would love to see this team run it back next year with a full preseason under BB, Shaw, Walker and Co. 

That being said, I'm still open to trades if ppl are overpaying. 

Totally agreed.  This team is finally heading in the right direction with guidance from one of the most experienced coaches around.  Let's give credit to the Asst Coaches too.  In the past little while now, the PP and PK have been incredible. 

I'm with you, I wanna see this roster back for a full season under the current coaching staff.  There's a LOT to like about this roster, and they are a lot closer than some people think.  They just can't seem to see past the fact this team SUCKED under coach TG.

1 minute ago, HKSR said:

That's what the goal song should be changed to if coach BB is extended.  Would be annoying for other teams to hear 'Whoomp (Bruce) There It Is' 6 or7 times in a game lol

And the bass from that song would rock the arena all night long haha

Friedman has been boasting about the Canucks home games since he did the telethon show last weekend. How lively the atmosphere was and commenting how much Canucks fans love their team. He also said the Canucks goal song "Don't You (Forget About Me)" is one of the best in the league. 

Just now, NUCKER67 said:

Friedman has been boasting about the Canucks home games since he did the telethon show last weekend. How lively the atmosphere was and commenting how much Canucks fans love their team. He also said the Canucks goal song "Don't You (Forget About Me)" is one of the best in the league. 

The current goal song is kinda hilarious though... I'm sure it gets under the other team's skin when they hear it 5 or 6 times in a game haha

• Cheers 1