The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at Minnesota Wild | Apr. 21, 2022

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

1 minute ago, Darius said:

lol.... he didnt drag down any line tonight.  6 points in his 3 game back.  this is your subjective bias....  there were plenty players worse than he was tonight.  

He played great the other games. 

That's an obvious fact. But just because the games before he was good doesn't mean he didn't take tonight off. I think the only player who was worse than him tonight was Myers. 

Like I said, when he moves his skates he's a great player. Nobody would ever want to trade him or think 7 million is too much to pay him when he moves his skates. But when you skate as slow as he does and you don't even bother to move them, you look like he did tonight. I challenge you to watch his shifts in the third period and say he was putting in effort. 

3 minutes ago, BureBurrito said:

Convince me otherwise but the Wild are the new Blackhawks for the current Canucks.

The Wild are fast, tough, gritty and littered with quality prospects. They also have a rabid fan base.

Canucks and management can let that sink in what re-tooling properly will look like the next few years - there are NO SHORTCUTS.

Wild are not, please stop exaggerating. Hawks were legit contenders and won multiple cups while this wild team lost to Canucks 2 years ago in try-ins for playoffs.

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Coconuts said:

Myers will be 34 when his deal is up, and 35 before the following season is over, he's a piece we'll probably need to replace sooner than later anyway. I'm not saying he'll fall of entirely, but I question how much longer he can play as a top 4 guy. 

Moving him might be a step back in the short term, maybe, but it's a move we likely make sooner than later anyway. 

That being said, I wouldn't say he singlehandedly cost us the season. There were numerous factors that led to us coming up short. 

only sign Myers if he wants 2 million or so but I would replace him

1 minute ago, DefCon1 said:

Wild are not, please stop exaggerating. Hawks were legit contenders and won multiple cups while this wild team lost to Canucks 2 years ago in try-ins for playoffs.

That team was wayyyy different than this one. 

Just now, MikeyD said:

He played great the other games. 

That's an obvious fact. But just because the games before he was good doesn't mean he didn't take tonight off. I think the only player who was worse than him tonight was Myers. 

Like I said, when he moves his skates he's a great player. Nobody would ever want to trade him or think 7 million is too much to pay him when he moves his skates. But when you skate as slow as he does and you don't even bother to move them, you look like he did tonight. I challenge you to watch his shifts in the third period and say he was putting in effort. 

Miller and Garland had one more shot on net.  Im not saying not to trade him but singling him out from the whole crew is myopic.  I saw a full effort from the kid all night.  

This team has bigger problems than Brock Boeser.  Start on the back end.  Bottom 6 dont generate much offence.  Miller looks spent.   Brock can be a chip they use to fill the holes via trade.

7 minutes ago, Darius said:

lol.... he didnt drag down any line tonight.  6 points in his 3 game back.  this is your subjective bias....  there were plenty players worse than he was tonight.  

THis is a what have you done for me lately situation.

Boeser was an absolute slug tonight in the last 3 minutes of the 2nd and last 10 minutes of the 3rd.  There's a point where he takes a shift with 7 minutes or so left and literally skates around looking like an offended Kovalev.  The nucks gain posession and skate it out of their zone and literally the ONLY reason he touches the puck in his entire shift is because he is being gang loved by 3 wild players in the slot.  He gets pushed over to the half wall and after having his stick knocked away holds his arms up for 10 seconds looking about as useful as a tootsie roll in a hot car

6 points in 3 games and absolutely positively laid a steaming triple Oiler tonight.

• Thanks 1

1-0 LA after 20. Chicago look totally disinterested. LA couldn't break them down 5 on 5 so the refs started handing them PPs and they scored on their second one. Chicago have had a couple of grade A chances but only have 5 shots on goal.

3 minutes ago, Muttley said:

Yah, unacceptable to be sure. I've always like Boeser but both he and the team need a fresh start. Would still bring us a pretty good return. 

If we can trade him. If we don't qualify him at 7.5 Mill. he becomes a UFA I believe

Just now, Green Building said:

Right, and if he's as bad as everyone says he is we can just dump him for nothin and score a better top 4 for free. 

That makes no sense. If he's as bad as everyone says he is it'd cost us to dump him. And there's literally a thing called free agency. It happens every offseason. 

Believe it or not, it's where we found Myers in the first place. 

9 minutes ago, AngryElf said:

Honestly, I think Allvin really has to really take a look and identify our core. This is the group I try and preserve going into the coming year(s): 

xxxx - Bo - Garland 

(Hog?) - Petey - Podz 

xxxx - xxxx - xxxx 

Highmore - Lammikko - Lockwood 

Hughes - Schenn 

Dermott - xxxx

Rathbone (if he's ready?) - xxxx 

Demko 

Martin 

I really don't know what to do with Miller or Boeser, I really don't. I don't think we see them both back, but I wouldn't be marred by losing either anymore. It's obvious we can't have both OEL and Myers. While neither has played horribly this year, they are not our third or fourth best players. I wouldn't necessarily blow it up, but if we go into G1 next year without a key addition then I'll be quite upset. 

I think don't think Schenn will be a long term piece, I view him as a placeholder. Not sure about Garland either, though he's on a good contract. 

1 minute ago, DefCon1 said:

only sign Myers if he wants 2 million or so but I would replace him

I wouldn't re-sign him, I'd be looking to bring in someone younger. We need to get younger on D. 

• Vintage 2

35 minutes ago, Canuckfanforlife82 said:

The team’s defense is just awful. Garbage. Hey boys, show up next year for the first 25 games. The attitude on this team is flawed.

Have a competent coach who actually knows what he’s doing at the start of the year*

• Like 1
  • Vintage 1

4 minutes ago, Green Building said:

Ok, so in your mind Myers cost us the playoffs and he's gone. Who we getting to replace his minutes and keep in mind we now need 2 top 4 dmen.  

I'm all for rebuilding the D and have been bitching about our $&!# defensive drafting, but give your head a shake if you think Myers cost us the postseason.

Did he cost us the postseason on his own? No.  But his cap hit to his performance is certainly one major reason.  There's another turd (OEL) eating up 7+ million who is contributing to our pathetic D.  When you spend over 6 million each on two players who barely deserve to be on your middle pair, you don't make the playoffs.  The cap doesn't allow for those kind of mistakes.

• Vintage 1