The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at Calgary Flames | Apr. 23, 2022

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

1 minute ago, DeNiro said:

The odds are actually in their favour right now.

They play the Sharks, Stars, Hawks, and Blues. They could easily run the table.

Preds play Wild, Flames, Avs. Very possible they lose all three.

Pacioretty and Stone are playing injured.  Lehner is also playing injured.  After the NJD game DeBoer threw him under the bus and the next game he was pulled after he allowed a goal.  Per Friedman he was upset and told VGK on Thursday that he was calling it quits for the season and going to have surgery.  Looks like they've convinced him to backup today.  Not the most serene group right now.

Meier says the Sharks are particularly motivated to win the game vs Vegas.

• Vintage 1

4 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Calgary has Marky, so they will win that.  But Tanev doesn’t make it through.  Whomever plays the Knights in round one will win, but they will lose their next series.  Too many injuries.  

I wouldn’t be so sure about that.

I bet Vegas would have the psychological advantage, especially in Vegas. 

Lets not forget they lit him up for 5 twice in our series with them. Goalies have long memories that way. And if their most recent matchup is any indication I don’t think the Flames are a lock to make it to the next round.

3 minutes ago, mll said:

Pacioretty and Stone are playing injured.  Lehner is also playing injured.  After the NJD game DeBoer threw him under the bus and the next game he was pulled after he allowed a goal.  Per Friedman he was upset and told VGK on Thursday that he was calling it quits for the season and going to have surgery.  Looks like they've convinced him to backup today.  Not the most serene group right now.

Meier says the Sharks are particularly motivated to win the game vs Vegas.

Thompson has been more consistent anyways.

Vegas is a deep team that gets scoring from all their lines. They’re probably gonna make it in.

That’s nice that the Sharks are finally motivated, doesn’t mean they’ll beat them.

7 hours ago, stawns said:

The minute anyone uses the term "alpha", I automatically presume they have zero credibility

lol, well to be fair to Drance, I was paraphrasing, and you would be fairly accurate in your sum of my hockey credibility.  

2 hours ago, DeNiro said:

Yep.

The Knights and the Preds are very physical teams. They will be targeting Tanev all series.

If they do I believe Gudbranson and Zadorov will crush back… I thought Gud was soft but it seems Sutter demands other skills than Green did. 

8 minutes ago, Timråfan said:

If they do I believe Gudbranson and Zadorov will crush back… I thought Gud was soft but it seems Sutter demands other skills than Green did. 

Difference is the Knights have those guys too but they can skate and move the puck.

Got a feeling we’ll see that pairing exposed against faster forwards.

2 hours ago, DeNiro said:

Yep.

The Knights and the Preds are very physical teams. They will be targeting Tanev all series.

tanev doesn't get hurt anymore ever since the canucks trainers and equipment staff forced him to actually start wearing equipment if he's going to block every shot in the world. 

19 hours ago, *Buzzsaw* said:

Suggestions that Boeser is worthless are ridiculous.

The guy is a proven 20+ goal scorer every full season he has played.

And those are not falling off trees.

The team could get a return for him without a doubt.

Whether he stays with the Canucks is another question.

20 goal scorer he may be…if that nets him over 7mill.. he needs to be traded!  
Imo 20 goal player is a player under $6mill

• Like 2

Well one more period before we’re either eliminated or survive another day. :bigblush:

Knights up 3-2.

Either way we’ll be the second last team to

be eliminated from the playoffs. Who would have thought that after our first 25 games?