The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Canucks sign Andrei Kuzmenko

3 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

@RomanP Does this dude speak any English or will you be his tour guide this year?

Also, I was told to ask by another player if Kuzi has a cute Russian girlfriend, not that I would be interested or anything...  -_-

New take on Petey's 2-way play?

• Haha 3

3 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

@RomanP Does this dude speak any English or will you be his tour guide this year?

Also, I was told to ask by another player if Kuzi has a cute Russian girlfriend, not that I would be interested or anything...  -_-

I have no idea, don't know the guy. ::D

• Haha 1

45 minutes ago, shiznak said:

Because all players coming from the KHL has had successful transactions into the NHL.

Gusev and Shipachyov were arguably better players, but never had the success they had playing in the KHL.

gusev was injured, he had a pretty decent first year, then had 10 months of no hockey not to mention he was 29 and 5 foot 9 163 lbs.

Shipyachov was like 30 years old and struggled learning the game he played 3 games and he bolted when sent down to the ahl to learn.

not every one makes it your right. But i didnt make the conversion factor of 0.74 points translation. smart people made that factor and some will do better than the factor and some will do worse. 

hope this helps

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, Pears said:

Because the Oilers were desperate for secondary scoring for cheap and no one else was willing to put up with his baggage?

sure but you're missing the context of the debate

My point was if Kuzmenko was solely driven my maximizing the value of his next contract it would be a no brainer to sign to play with McDavid and Draistatl because he can max his value by scoring bushels full of points and thus up his value.

Kane is a perfect example (regardless of if no one wanted him), as the guy just potted 39 pts (22 goals) in 43 games in the reg season, and 17 points (13 goals) in 15 playoff games.

He went from totally toxic to someone is going to pay him big money again.

Therefore, someone like Kuzmenko if looking to just make bank would want to sign there because he will score a hell of a lot of points. And as our friend who can't comprehend basic logic doesn't see (not you) he's not toxic and therefore even more teams would want him - thus upping his value even more than say a Kane.

I am not sure why I am debating that someone only looking for money only wouldn't want to play with McD and Drai, I think its bloody common sense. Hell I played junior hockey and could score 25 goals playing with those two.

Edited by NucknAsia
  • Like 1
  • Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, Petey_BOI said:

gusev was injured, he had a pretty decent first year, then had 10 months of no hockey not to mention he was 29 and 5 foot 9 163 lbs.

Shipyachov was like 30 years old and struggled learning the game he played 3 games and he bolted when sent down to the ahl to learn.

not every one makes it your right. But i didnt make the conversion factor of 0.74 points translation. smart people made that factor and some will do better than the factor and some will do worse. 

hope this helps

This is why he and his agent did their homework with all the interviews ect

To me, when players can't transition but shown they have the skills to... it comes down to the culture your in. Some teams have no patience, Others have too much patience.

Would be such a win if this guy could maintain what he's been doing in the K. We shall see

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Mustard Tiger said:

Coilers fans trying to act like they actually didn't want him and he's a bust yet? Muahaha

LOL, but let's be fair...if we lost out on him there would be people calling him Fabian Brustrom 2.0 here (same one's saying he could be as good as Kaprisov, a week ago! lol, not that he is but,...)

1 minute ago, Mustard Tiger said:

This is why he and his agent did their homework with all the interviews ect

To me, when players can't transition but shown they have the skills to... it comes down to the culture your in. Some teams have no patience, Others have too much patience.

Would be such a win if this guy could maintain what he's been doing in the K. We shall see

To me, top 9, puts up 15-20 goals, 15-20 assists, for 800k that's a win. Anything better huge win, and he has the ability to be better so...time will tell

10 minutes ago, Petey_BOI said:

hope this helps

Gusev was never injured. He missed a ton of games, because, he was healthy scratched a few times, was in protocol, and was a placed on waivers.

He was also 26yrs old when he came over, scoring  a 1.2 points per game, in the last three seasons in the KHL.

Edited by shiznak

2 hours ago, 4petesake said:

A joy to watch…

FFA18056-021D-4806-B98A-C94D31A3D206.jpeg

Oilers fans sure are confident about their team huh?

Last I checked they don’t even have a starting goalie signed, Keith and Barrie are as good as gone, and Kane probably isn’t coming back.

They were lucky they got Kane and turned it around after that 2-15 run. They very well wouldn’t have made it had they not added him. Squeaked by LA and then got lucky and took advantage of a burnt out Markstrom.

Let them keep living in fantasy land though.

• Cheers 2
  • Haha 1

41 minutes ago, Angry Goose said:

I do understand it. I guess youre not understanding my point.  I will clarify it for you.  Because reading comprehension matters.

Like I said, next year he will be a UFA.  I did not say $$$ will be everything, but I did say it will certainly be a factor in his next contract, again if he does well.

If things go well with the Canucks and he stays-great.  But he’s no different than any other soon to be UFA.  Tyler Motte said how much he loved VAN but ultimately the two sides were far apart in terms of a new contract.  Money isn’t everything, but it’s certainly something, especially for a guy looking to cash in during his prime.

I hope the dude tears it up and earns good pay raise next year. 

• Cheers 2

1 minute ago, shiznak said:

Gusev was never injured. He missed a ton of games, because, he was healthy scratched a few times, was in protocol, was a placed on waivers.

He was also 26yrs old when he came over, scoring  a 1.2 points per game, in the last three seasons in the KHL.

we don't care.  We won the sweepstakes (20 teams in on this guy) for Kuzmenko.  We win and all those other teams are the losers.  That's what we care about. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

1 hour ago, J.I.A.H.N said:

Yeah, but Garland was not on the PP...........

Who's spot is he taking?

PP1

Boeser   Miller   Pettersson

OEL   Hughes (rover)

PP2

Kuzmenko   Horvat   Podkolzin

Rathbone   Marino

I'd rather stick to the traditional 2 D's on the PP for each group.  If we need to load up PP1 I would replace OEL with Podkolzin and play him in front of the net...

26 minutes ago, Mustard Tiger said:

Coilers fans trying to act like they actually didn't want him and he's a bust yet? Muahaha

Copium.

I like to cut it up real fine and snort it straight into both nostrils.

It's been a great Monday, really.

5 minutes ago, NucknAsia said:

LOL, but let's be fair...if we lost out on him there would be people calling him Fabian Brustrom 2.0 here (same one's saying he could be as good as Kaprisov, a week ago! lol, not that he is but,...)

Oh 100%!

That's the joys of hockey. Fanbases should know its no holds barred when it comes to opinions on other franchises :metal:::D

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

11 minutes ago, shiznak said:

Gusev was never injured. He missed a ton of games, because, he was healthy scratched a few times, was in protocol, and was a placed on waivers.

This is a fair point and the reason why we should temper our expectations. As I said in another post if he can be a top 9 player getting us 30-40 pts its a win, anything above that is a huge win.

Until we see him play we don't know but....I will say, from what I've read and seen, he seems like a better fit for the NHL than Gusev. Gusev was a perimeter player who's very light on his feet.

Kuzmenko is not a permitter player, is known to play with a high motor and goes to the hard areas (more suited for the NHL), from what I have read and seen, I see a lot of Burrows in him. We can't just look at points, I think we have to look at style of play and who plays a style more suited to the NHL, and that is clearly Kuz.

Gusev 5'10" 176 lbs

Kuzmenko 5'11 195 lbs

Almost a 20 lb difference and a very different style of play. I don't disagree with your point of not being too hyped up just yet, but we also have to look at things beyond just points when comparing players to get a better view of potential.

Edited by NucknAsia
  • Upvote 1