The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Canucks sign Andrei Kuzmenko

28 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

For sure.  I think he is on PP2 to start the year and they go from there.  I am thinking he will be on PP1 sooner than we think though...

Yep my worry is that we are all going to start calling him the next Panarin :lol:

On the other hand we'd all be calling him the next Shipachyov if he signed with the Oilers lol 

• Haha 1

We should chill with the lineups with him on the 1st line and every forward not named Bo or Petey now being on the active trade block. 

He's not played a second of an NHL game yet. Make him show that he makes others expendable before you make a move. Let him push someone out of the line-up. 

Still believe Miller is the likeliest to get dealt. Can't afford to let him walk for free after next year. 

Edited by DeltaSwede
  • Cheers 1

39 minutes ago, ShawnAntoski said:

Imo, the rewards of making the Canucks better gives him the best opportunity to show what he can do, which should increase his marketability among other teams, rather than having an inflated stat total with McD and there is no guarantee, he will even be playing with McD or Draisaitl...  I like that he is gambling on himself cause it means, that he will be a very motivated player, which should benefit him & the Canucks - ONLY if he clicks with this roster ?  But chances, are good he is a good fit and he will be given the best opportunity to succeed.  It will be interesting how the Miller saga will play out cause both will be upcoming FA's and both will also be looking for (big) pay raise.

"inflated stat totals"

It's literally detoxifed Kane...people see skill their eyes get big. As much as players stats are inflated there's always teams who will be blinded by that

27 minutes ago, Mustard Tiger said:

They wouldn't touch at all. Why would they take 2 older, more expensive versions of the 2 guys they are trading away? Lol 

They have soured on both players (Marino and Kapanen) - both were on the trade block all of last year.

They are re-signing Malkin (almost 36 years old)

They are re-signing Letang 35 years old 

Crosby is 34 turning 35 years old this year

This is their core and they are clearly not looking to rebuild - they are looking to take a few more runs at a cup with this group that's clear by their efforts to re-sign Letang and Malkin.

Therefore, if you're soured on a couple of players and you can bring players who can help you win cups and fit that 3 year window why not? and cap wise its pretty much the same 

Marino - 4.4 

Kapenen 3.2 but RFA and will want 4+ 

8.4 - 8.8

Myers 6

Pearson 3 .25

Not a material difference and easy enough to balance out or even if the Canucks retained a little.

6 minutes ago, NucknAsia said:

They have soured on both players (Marino and Kapanen) - both were on the trade block all of last year.

They are re-signing Malkin (almost 36 years old)

They are re-signing Letang 35 years old 

Crosby is 34 turning 35 years old this year

This is their core and they are clearly not looking to rebuild - they are looking to take a few more runs at a cup with this group that's clear by their efforts to re-sign Letang and Malkin.

Therefore, if you're soured on a couple of players and you can bring players who can help you win cups and fit that 3 year window why not? and cap wise its pretty much the same 

Marino - 4.4 

Kapenen 3.2 but RFA and will want 4+ 

8.4 - 8.8

Myers 6

Pearson 3 .25

Not a material difference and easy enough to balance out or even if the Canucks retained a little.

Penguins literally traded away Pearson a few years ago... what makes you think they want him back? lol

• Upvote 1

55 minutes ago, brownky said:

I have as well - I know that too well. If the 'top boss' sees that lizard because they're engaged and aware, they can work around it.

I've also seen in the corporate world that lizards are a necessary evil. They're really good at spotting other lizards, so if you've got one and know it, keep it around because it'll flush the others out for you.

Not sure, I agree as much cause a good synergy among a group, is very fragile and as the saying goes, " one rotten apple ruins the bunch".  I get it and due to human nature it can NEVER be avoided cause it seems like, it is the lizards type that tends to be the ones' that are highly motivated to climb up; and good point on the top boss, using them as a useful (but dangerous) bunch cause it is the top dog, that determines how much they can get away with.  This season with the Canucks has shown, as much the importance of good & competence leadership group off the ice and it always starts at the (very) top cause Aquaman was the architect of all the regimes that has managed the Canucks...

Edited by ShawnAntoski
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, 250Integra said:

Penguins literally traded away Pearson a few years ago... what makes you think they want him back? lol

it was Rutherford who moved him.....

"LOL"

Bryan Cranston Mic Drop GIF

Edited by NucknAsia
  • Cheers 1
  • Haha 3

So, just everyone remember, KHL only plays a 60 game season and their travel load is nothing compared to the NHL.

Everything I've seen of this kid is that he has NHL level talent, IQ and hands. He's likely going to struggle with the length of season, same as many players do their first year. They start to hit the wall after Xmas.

Looking forward to seeing how he does!

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, NucknAsia said:

"inflated stat totals"

It's literally detoxifed Kane...people see skill their eyes get big. As much as players stats are inflated there's always teams who will be blinded by that

Depends on the GM: Benning vs a Sakic or etc.  Some are better at asset management than others and good chance, Kane was motivated by a new contract - hence, the good behavior.  

Just now, ShawnAntoski said:

Depends on the GM: Benning vs a Sakic or etc.  Some are better at asset management than others and good chance, Kane was motivated by a new contract - hence, the good behavior.  

...and what happens to Kane when he gets another multi-year deal? my bet is he finds ways to screw that up too. Any GM giving him term is nuts imo.