The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Andrei Kuzmenko | #96 | LW

-AJ-

3 hours ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

Dad looks ready to "Go".

Andrea, a little less certain.

Probably knows he's got a lot of work ahead.

Looks like New Jim's Staff have indeed done their homework (again).

They look like good people in that Canuck/CKA gear too.

Now bring dad over here and get the heck out of WWIII.

5 hours ago, Rindiculous said:

If both Miller and Pearson are here come September, it's a lock they're on the same line.  Pearson makes Miller a top 5-10 player in the league and Bruce isn't gonna split them up.  Honestly, if there is anyone I'd be fine with losing, it'd be Garland.  He's got really good edgework and puck handling, however if last year showed us anything he has absolutely no shot, and very little vision providing little chemistry with his teammates.  He's like a Horvat except he can't shoot which is really bad because while he can generate these chances for himself, he is not gonna produce without having a good finish.  I feel like his only match is by being on the right wing with maybe Horvat and Kuzmenko (but I still don't feel like that's a good fit).  He's really in a bad spot cause I don't think there's anywhere on the roster he fits unlike Pearson who excels on both Miller's and Horvat's line and who knows if he could be good with Petey as well.  It's a 5 mill hole for a player who isn't on the 1PP or kills penalties, and while he generates a lot of chances 5 on 5, he is able to finish very few of them.  Pearson on the other hand, while like Garland has very little finishing, is able to find others with much better finishing to finish chances and he also kills penalties for 2 mill less than Garland.

A lock?!

I like Pearson as much or more than the next guy, but he could only ‘find others’ about 60% as much as Garland last year.

Not sure where this train of thought finds bearing in reality.

On 6/27/2022 at 1:42 PM, Rindiculous said:

If both Miller and Pearson are here come September, it's a lock they're on the same line.  Pearson makes Miller a top 5-10 player in the league and Bruce isn't gonna split them up.  Honestly, if there is anyone I'd be fine with losing, it'd be Garland.  He's got really good edgework and puck handling, however if last year showed us anything he has absolutely no shot, and very little vision providing little chemistry with his teammates.  He's like a Horvat except he can't shoot which is really bad because while he can generate these chances for himself, he is not gonna produce without having a good finish.  I feel like his only match is by being on the right wing with maybe Horvat and Kuzmenko (but I still don't feel like that's a good fit).  He's really in a bad spot cause I don't think there's anywhere on the roster he fits unlike Pearson who excels on both Miller's and Horvat's line and who knows if he could be good with Petey as well.  It's a 5 mill hole for a player who isn't on the 1PP or kills penalties, and while he generates a lot of chances 5 on 5, he is able to finish very few of them.  Pearson on the other hand, while like Garland has very little finishing, is able to find others with much better finishing to finish chances and he also kills penalties for 2 mill less than Garland.

And yet Garland was 5th in points on the team while playing very little time on the 2nd PP.  All his goals were scored

5-on-5; compared to Brock, that stat looks very solid.  He also has the best -/+ stat on the team.

Overall, I think Garland has more hockey skills than Brock, but the sniper is what the team prefers.

Seeing as the management signed Brock, I do think that Conor will be traded.  I suspect there will be a lot

of interest in him and there will be a good return for him. 

• Like 1

I'm cautiously optimistic about Kuzmenko.  Remember, he's coming from a league where Nigel Dawes and Linden Vey were top stars - at least for a couple of years.  If his game translates to an NHL game, great.  Until then I'm not going to get too pumped up - but I sure hope he'll real good.

• -AJ- changed the title to Andrei Kuzmenko | #96 | LW
  • 2 weeks later...