The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Predators re-sign Cody Glass

2 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

I wouldn't say that yet.

74 total games for 23 points.  Just turned 23.

This is a decent contract for a kid looking to break in 

I agree Glass 23, 6'3, 205.. He was in Vegas never got opportunity and same with Nashville.. He is still a decent prospect point a game in AHL..

Great signing under 900,000...

• Cheers 1

So, is he part of the return coming back in the Miller trade? :ph34r:

(RD) Fabbro, (LW/RW) Jeannot and (right-shot C) Glass

I know this won't happen, just bored, but this would really help the Canucks IMO.

I remember really wanting Glass in that Draft. Sure glad Benning chose Pettersson, though. He could still become something with the right opportunity and coaching (Boudreau)

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Shayster007 said:

I don't care, I'll admit it. I 100% wanted this guy in the draft and hadn't even concidered Petey. But I was also one of the few people talking about Mo Seider at 10 where many thought that was a massive reach. Ya win some ya lose some.

Seider would be the perfect fit with Huges.

11 hours ago, BigTramFan said:

Yep exactly like Schaller....but just with more points, double the hits, is a right hander, actually wins faceoffs, and costs less than half...so almost the same

2 hours ago, NUCKER67 said:

So, is he part of the return coming back in the Miller trade? :ph34r:

(RD) Fabbro, (LW/RW) Jeannot and (right-shot C) Glass

I know this won't happen, just bored, but this would really help the Canucks IMO.

I remember really wanting Glass in that Draft. Sure glad Benning chose Pettersson, though. He could still become something with the right opportunity and coaching (Boudreau)

New York, Nashville, and Carolina are our best trading partners.

Glass + Fabbro + conditional 1st for JT and Poolman 

We get young pieces that can fit into the lineup right away while clearing up our cap situation. 

Just now, canucklehead44 said:

New York, Nashville, and Carolina are our best trading partners.

Glass + Fabbro + conditional 1st for JT and Poolman 

We get young pieces that can fit into the lineup right away while clearing up our cap situation. 

Nashville are in a rebuild to get younger.  They acquired Glass by trading Ryan Ellis.  They got draft picks for Arvidsson.   They didn't give out more than 4 years to both Granlund and Ekholm.  Moving Ellis was also to open up a spot for Fabbro.  Glass is beeing groomed to be a top-6 C for them down the road.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Warhippy said:

I wouldn't say that yet.

Had a few injuries. This past season, from what I've read, he has finally gotten back on track and improved on his deficiencies. Almost a point per game in the AHL.

3 hours ago, Warhippy said:

I wouldn't say that yet.

Glass looks like a bust. He’s close to that age where he is what he is. Petey at the same age has outproduced him massively. They’re similar ages, no? 

Man, where would this franchise be right now if we didn’t have Elias. I think Bo would’ve been traded already. 

22 minutes ago, rekker said:

I wanted Glass in the draft and instead they drafted that skinny Swede. Yaaaa, I know, stick to my day job. 

Haha. At least you’re humble enough to admit it :P

So many fans thinking that they know better than the professionals. LOL. They may not always make the right call or decisions, but that’s part of the human element in management and drafting. 

• Cheers 1

2 hours ago, rekker said:

I wanted Glass in the draft and instead they drafted that skinny Swede. Yaaaa, I know, stick to my day job. 

Vilardi was my man. I was like Elias who?

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, mll said:

Nashville are in a rebuild to get younger.  They acquired Glass by trading Ryan Ellis.  They got draft picks for Arvidsson.   They didn't give out more than 4 years to both Granlund and Ekholm.  Moving Ellis was also to open up a spot for Fabbro.  Glass is beeing groomed to be a top-6 C for them down the road.

Hey man thanks.

You are a great resource here.

(Little snippy sometimes maybe, might  could've happened.

But hey, you back it up and don't back down.)

• Upvote 1