The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Proposal] My Jt Miller trade

I don't think Sanheim is the type of defenceman we need. First, he is another LHD left handed defenceman. Secondly, any defenceman we would get from the Flyers lineup will be on an all-time confidence low after the previous two seasons. Kind of like OEL leaving Arizona. Thirdly, really non-physical defenceman. Less than half a hit per game over 80 games. And he plays 23 minutes a game. I don't see him making any space for Hughes. 

Frost was drafted high but has been trending downward with the AHL Phantoms.

And I'd rather have the Flyers 2022 1st so we could draft Nemec or Jiricek.

So while I think the formula is right (1st, Top 4 D, and prospect), I think the only asset I would ever want from Philly right now is a high draft pick or Konecny with some cap retention.

Right idea, wrong team for me. But that's just my two cents.

• Cheers 2

3 minutes ago, CanuckFanUpNorth said:

I don't think Sanheim is the type of defenceman we need. First, he is another LHD left handed defenceman. Secondly, any defenceman we would get from the Flyers lineup will be on an all-time confidence low after the previous two seasons. Kind of like OEL leaving Arizona. Thirdly, really non-physical defenceman. Less than half a hit per game over 80 games. And he plays 23 minutes a game. I don't see him making any space for Hughes. 

Frost was drafted high but has been trending downward with the AHL Phantoms.

And I'd rather have the Flyers 2022 1st so we could draft Nemec or Jiricek.

So while I think the formula is right (1st, Top 4 D, and prospect), I think the only asset I would ever want from Philly right now is a high draft pick or Konecny with some cap retention.

Right idea, wrong team for me. But that's just my two cents.

I really Sanhiem with ek he’s played primary on right side and was plus 11 one worst team in nhl 

13 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Six year term might actually be 9 or more.  Just best to trade him now, and move on.  

With Cap Space of 27.5 million next year, whats the urgency to trade him and move on? Bo and Miller are the only significant signings for next year so I am not sure why the "doom and gloom" of absolutely getting rid of him. Am I missing something?

Frost would be fine, injuries have slowed his development. He got 55 games in this year playing both the wing and C, but do we need another left handed center? I don't see Philly as a good trade partner.  Sanheim is not what we need, Konecny isn't either his play is indifferent a lot of games. and Philly doesn't have the cap space to retain on salary.

41 minutes ago, EdgarM said:

With Cap Space of 27.5 million next year, whats the urgency to trade him and move on? Bo and Miller are the only significant signings for next year so I am not sure why the "doom and gloom" of absolutely getting rid of him. Am I missing something?

Look at how awful that Tavares contract is hurting the LOSER LEAFS.  

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, EdgarM said:

“Getting rid of him” is more about avoiding the anchor of a contract he’ll be on the back half of his next contract. He needs to sign on with a team who is going to challenge and possibly win a cup, so that the back half doesn’t matter, because they won a cup with him. That’s not the Canucks. When we start challenging us going to be in the latter half of his contract when his play starts tailing off and the contract becomes a major concern.

my two cents.

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, Alflives said:

Look at how awful that Tavares contract is hurting the LOSER LEAFS.  

51 minutes ago, NorthWestNuck said:

“Getting rid of him” is more about avoiding the anchor of a contract he’ll be on the back half of his next contract. He needs to sign on with a team who is going to challenge and possibly win a cup, so that the back half doesn’t matter, because they won a cup with him. That’s not the Canucks. When we start challenging us going to be in the latter half of his contract when his play starts tailing off and the contract becomes a major concern.

my two cents.

I get that if he wants a long contract and he wants to be "PAID", sure lets get something for him, but I think that is not the case yet and he is still a Canuck. Same with Bo. I guess we will soon see their intentions and then make the proper deals accordingly. I agree Alf, that Tavares deal was bad for them, poor Leafs ::D

• Cheers 1

6 hours ago, Scottydzik said:

Jt miller to flyers for Travis Sanhiem 2023 1st Morgan frost.

We got our top 4 d who has played on right side and potentially our 3rd line centre.

I am still hoping that we can re-sign JTM but, if a deal is to be made, the only deal I want to see is one that brings back a legit partner for Hughes.

A 23/24 year old two way dman with a great shot.

19 hours ago, Alflives said:

Six year term might actually be 9 or more.  Just best to trade him now, and move on.  

Your right Alf, Miller is our ticket to draft picks and top 4 D & 3 line center. Trading Miller solves alot of our problems

22 hours ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

My JT Miller Trade.

Vancouver for 6 years at $7.25 million per year.

:gocan:

So are we trading Miller for cap space?  I'm confused..Miller with us won't be less then 9.... that's facts.   Well maybe 8.975 to make it "sexy".    I don't think anyone would be sad to see this type of deal ... Why is he worth less then EP who's making almost 8 on an RFA deal? JB paid too much for his RFAs even when you bring in the tax equation.   Get his UFA overpayments.    I sure hope that Allvin can do better.   Sucks being a Canadian team having to balance the books going after US paid players.   JB also did that.   RFAs shouldn't be making UFA type money.    Some of ours are and have.   7.25 in six US teams is like 9 in Vancouver. 

Edited by IBatch

17 minutes ago, IBatch said:

I don't think anyone would be sad to see this type of deal .

count me as a guy that would be sad, if the team signs Miller to an $8.975 deal for 6 years. At that money 3 years is as long as I'd go.

2 hours ago, Sbriggs said:

Your right Alf, Miller is our ticket to draft picks and top 4 D & 3 line center. Trading Miller solves alot of our problems

I thought this is what Miller is worth:  

Digital Art Animation GIF

I think we need to temper our expectations.   Yes maybe he is... I think we need to be realistic about this.   He's worth a late first, a grade A prospect and a roster player.    That roster player isn't a top four RHD...the prospect could become that maybe.   The player might be a modest upgrade as a 3rd line C.  Kerfoot and TO's two best prospects was their made up proposal (from their media - both smallish forwards, former 15th overall and a second rounder that maybe gets some AHL traction).   NYR  maybe will now go for it and give us Schnieder.   Lundqvist no thanks. 

Sure some trades work out way better then expected too.    Miller's value is just as good getting us to the playoffs and shedding cap them 50% of the odds really trading him and hoping something sticks.   Why just waste his cap hit on a regular roster player and a bag of pucks is why we have 100 threads.    We all know our team simply isn't good enough to pay him and hope it works out but even that is better then if things go the other way.....as in a bag of pucks and a couple roster players that suck his cap up and don't work out.     We are not going to get a good 3C and an upgrade from Myers without some very, very  good luck (and pro and amateur scouting).    Odds are we get cap relief from two ELCs though.  Whether they work out or not is another ball of wax.   Not to be a downer but when is the last time we've traded a vet and done well?  Bertuzzi...Linden.   Before that Butcher.    I'm 100% ok just letting him play his last season here.  That's not the worst case by far.   Nonis/Burke/Quin.   Been a long time now.   Quin was the master though. 

7 minutes ago, IBatch said:

I thought this is what Miller is worth:  

Digital Art Animation GIF

I think we need to temper our expectations.   Yes maybe he is... I think we need to be realistic about this.   He's worth a late first, a grade A prospect and a roster player.    That roster player isn't a top four RHD...the prospect could become that maybe.   The player might be a modest upgrade as a 3rd line C.  Kerfoot and TO's two best prospects was their made up proposal (from their media - both smallish forwards, former 15th overall and a second rounder that maybe gets some AHL traction).   NYR  maybe will now go for it and give us Schnieder.   Lundqvist no thanks. 

Sure some trades work out way better then expected too.    Miller's value is just as good getting us to the playoffs and shedding cap them 50% of the odds really trading him and hoping something sticks.   Why just waste his cap hit on a regular roster player and a bag of pucks is why we have 100 threads.    We all know our team simply isn't good enough to pay him and hope it works out but even that is better then if things go the other way.....as in a bag of pucks and a couple roster players that suck his cap up and don't work out.     We are not going to get a good 3C and an upgrade from Myers without some very, very  good luck (and pro and amateur scouting).    Odds are we get cap relief from two ELCs though.  Whether they work out or not is another ball of wax.   Not to be a downer but when is the last time we've traded a vet and done well?  Bertuzzi...Linden.   Before that Butcher.    I'm 100% ok just letting him play his last season here.  That's not the worst case by far.   Nonis/Burke/Quin.   Been a long time now.   Quin was the master though. 

2 'n's : Quinn

Sorry to be picky; he is my all time favorite coach.