The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Jonathan Lekkerimäki | RW

Fanuck

1 hour ago, Gawdzukes said:

Not one of the best scorers in NHL history. As Alf would say:

Busterooooooooooooooooooo

Back in the day watching the world juniors and Roenick and Bure were lighting it up… friends were on the Bure bandwagon early and there is me… “ he’s Russian, he’s never gonna be over here playing” “ we should have drafted Roenick, instead of Linden!”” Lmao

• Haha 1
  • Vintage 1

10 hours ago, Captain Canuck #12 said:

Dominating in the World Juniors would be a good indication that he has the potential to dominate in the SEL.  Unfortunately, he's not coming anywhere close to that.

He just turned 18, did he not?  Pretty tall ask to dominate a 19 year old tourney.  I think both he and EP have had a solid tourney so far

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

This kid is so smart.  He’s really good away from the puck.  Very sound defensively.  As he gets his legs I can see the Swedish coach moving Lakerimaki up into Lysel’s spot.  Lysel is very bad without the puck.  Putting Lakerimaki up with more skilled players will get him more offensive looks too.  

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Alflives said:

This kid is so smart.  He’s really good away from the puck.  Very sound defensively.  As he gets his legs I can see the Swedish coach moving Lakerimaki up into Lysel’s spot.  Lysel is very bad without the puck.  Putting Lakerimaki up with more skilled players will get him more offensive looks too.  

Forget about without the puck. I'm still seeing the same old shit from Lysell. Forcing plays, charging into coverage 1 on 2 or 3.

That said, I still want to see more from Lekkerimaki at this tournament, both offensively and defensively. He's been getting progressively better as things go along, but he looks way too jittery. Just needs to calm down and take his time with the puck a little more.

2 minutes ago, HighOnHockey said:

Forget about without the puck. I'm still seeing the same old shit from Lysell. Forcing plays, charging into coverage 1 on 2 or 3.

That said, I still want to see more from Lekkerimaki at this tournament, both offensively and defensively. He's been getting progressively better as things go along, but he looks way too jittery. Just needs to calm down and take his time with the puck a little more.

He's still young, needs 2 - 3 years to smooth his game out, but the core talent is there. Was pretty impressed with his skill and determination on that shift.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

I’m less concerned about total points in this tournament and more about which games and when does a player show up?

Do they rack up a bunch of gimme points against weaker opponents? Or do they get the big game tying goals or game winning assists in crucial games?

Still a long ways to go for this to be considered a great tournament for him but this is at least a step in the right direction.

• Cheers 2

20 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

I’m less concerned about total points in this tournament and more about which games and when does a player show up?

Do they rack up a bunch of gimme points against weaker opponents? Or do they get the big game tying goals or game winning assists in crucial games?

Still a long ways to go for this to be considered a great tournament for him but this is at least a step in the right direction.

I think he's been solid in each game and his shot is clearly elite

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

31 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Did you watch the u18 gold medal game from last year? Also, he was very decisive in OT this afternoon.