The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Blues re-sign Robert Thomas

9 minutes ago, Kobayashi Maru said:

Horvat's clone gets 8x8.  Guess Horvat will be in a similar category, maybe slightly less due to age.  

Not to dismiss Horvat, but this kid had over a point a game at 22yrs old.  At such a young age, he has become

the Blues 1C and is only going to get better as he is a long way from his prime.  He's already surpassed Bo

and as the years go by, will surpass many other 1st line Cs in the NHL.  Great right shot playmaker.  He gifted

his wingers with +30g seasons; Buchnevich's best until last season was 20g.  His f/o 49.9% is impressive

for a 22yr old.

I also wish the Nucks could have signed Pete to a contract like this one (and he's yet to have a pt a game season).

• Cheers 1

45 minutes ago, JM_ said:

@mll can you explain this one to me? 8x8 for 1 year 20 goal scorer? 

One of the best passers at only 23.  Was also C to their top offensive line for part of the season.  

From March: 

• Thanks 1

Just now, mll said:

One of the best passers at only 23.  Was also C to their top offensive line for part of the season.  

From March: 

thanks, clearly I was sleeping on this kid. 

St Louis should have gone with a bridge contract here, 8x8 seems a bit silly. Bigger than Petey money and they're quite comparable, although Petey was very close to a PPG in his earlier seasons. I'm sure Thomas will do well, he's a good young center, former 1st round pick, but I doubt his offence keeps up, he'll probably average out to a 60-70 point player in the next couple of seasons.

If this kid gets 8M, Miller is worth 9M easily but term changes things.