The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Canucks sign Ilya Mikheyev

15 minutes ago, Nicklas Bo Hunter said:

wow um garland has to be on the move.... 

Sacrifice a bit of skill for size and speed. I guess its not the worst trade off. Pod and Hog have a ton of room for growth to make up for what we would lose with the departure of Garland, not to mention Kuzmenco as well. 

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Baratheon said:

What if it's a downgrade on Garland so that he can be moved for a RD?

(legit question)

Yeah, this is probably more plausible. Downgrade somewhere where we're stronger to upgrade a weakness elsewhere.

• Cheers 1

Just now, R3aL said:

Im thinking:

Mikehyev-Pettersson-Boeser

Kuzmenko-Horvat-Podkolzin

Pearson-Necas-Hoglander

Dickinson-Lazar-Lockwood / UFA

Hughes-Marino

OEL-Myers

Rathbone/Dermott/Schenn

Thinking Miller trade Carolina incoming after the Burns deal if Morrow Necas and a 2023 Pick still on table

With Trocheck out, they need a C / Elite Talent even more now.

Petey and boeser connected maybe once all year.  They may be friends but the combo is a tire fire.  

Carolina has elite centre talent in aho.  Kotkienemi will be better too.

9 minutes ago, Hairy Kneel said:

Cheaper to bury Dickie in Abby and save 1.5,  that penalty for the buyout stretches out too long.

And Poolman 2.5 might still be injured maybe?

All the more important to trade for a RD (unless we sign Rutta which means trading a fwd for picks)

Just now, R3aL said:

Im thinking:

Mikehyev-Pettersson-Boeser

Kuzmenko-Horvat-Podkolzin

Pearson-Necas-Hoglander

Dickinson-Lazar-Lockwood / UFA

Hughes-Marino

OEL-Myers

Rathbone/Dermott/Schenn

Thinking Miller trade Carolina incoming after the Burns deal if Morrow Necas and a 2023 Pick still on table, Garland for Marino

With Trocheck out, they need a C / Elite Talent even more now.

Your first line is all shooters.
How are Mikehyev’s zone entries? Because Brock and Petey enter the zone like they’re hitting an invisible wall…

Like the trades you’ve proposed though! 

5 minutes ago, grandmaster said:

Garland is a 50 point 5M per player that drives the play. This guy is a 32 point guy. Why did we get this guy for nearly the same cap hit? If we lose Garland for this I wouldn’t be happy.

This move is to keep our other Russians happy!

;)

• Haha 1

Just now, EddieVedder said:

Petey and boeser connected maybe once all year.  They may be friends but the combo is a tire fire.  

Carolina has elite centre talent in aho.  Kotkienemi will be better too.

Carolina needs more. Same with NYR they have zibanjed and wanted miller?

Boeser and Petey were tire fires last year at different times. They've also been amazing together too. Both of them on top of their game with a burner who plays like Ilya could be amazing.

3 minutes ago, -AJ- said:

Garland is 5'10" and also a year younger. I'd rather keep Garland, personally. That said, I doubt it's as simple as Garland for Mikheyev, even if Garland does go.

:lol: Got to admit i had to double check the 5'10" cause he does NOT seem that.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, nergish said:

How are Mikehyev’s zone entries? Because Brock and Petey enter the zone like they’re hitting an invisible wall…

Mikehyev is kinda like Hansen with more upside. 

• Cheers 1

Just now, nergish said:

Mikheyev IS TOO FAST HE CANNOT BE STOPPED

I think he'll be a great winger for Petey - win races to the puck, then win puck battles/strong on the puck. 

But I agree, having an set-up oriented player with those two would be good.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, robinscherbatsky said:

That Guy? I'm not a guy at all.. I'd be very careful before you misgender someone else.. I'll let it slide and not report you.. The next human might not be as forgiving..

Words hurt. Be careful how you speak to people and don't miss identify genders again. Could get you banned from message boards like this

Pronouns are who, them and when

A little rich for my blood, hopefully this works out. Seams like a slightly better Pearson is my worry, two years ago didn't have a great season under 30 point pace for a 4.75 mil guy and has yet to play more than 60 games in an NHL season. Averaged averaged about 13 minutes per game the last two seasons, hopefully he can become a top 6 staple as his cap is way to high for a 3rd line winger. Management clearly sees some more potential here though.   

4 minutes ago, DownUndaCanuck said:

Got to flip Garland now, I hope we don't lose Pearson because he's perfect for the 3rd line whereas Mikheyev slots right into our middle 6, depending on how well Kuzmenko and Podkolzin play.

Right now I'd argue we have the best offensive depth in the division. Weakest RD depth though, but lots to change surely.

Pettersson - Miller - Mikheyev

Kuzmenko - Horvat - Boeser

Pearson - Dickinson - Garland

Lockwood - Lazar - Podkolzin

That's how we lineup right now. Need to fix that 3C and flip a forward for a defenceman.

And that's without Hogie