The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Canucks sign Ilya Mikheyev

9 minutes ago, Maddogy said:

If Jim Benning made this signing this thread would be blowing up with insults and death threats.

That's because Benning would have signed him to 6 years at $6 AAV and somehow managed to throw in futures at the same time.

He would also be signing 4th liners to $2.5  and $3 million per right now.

Edited by Harold Drunken
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, -AJ- said:

Someone big is definitely gone with this move. A trade is almost 100% impending now. Either significant roster player(s) or big prospects/picks to move out big contracts.

JR isn't doing anything!  Blur blur blur!  He needs to wake up! Blah blah blah!  What's the difference between him and Benning? Hur hur hur! 

JR needs to... oh wait.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, grandmaster said:

Garland is a 50 point 5M per player that drives the play. This guy is a 32 point guy. Why did we get this guy for nearly the same cap hit? If we lose Garland for this I wouldn’t be happy.

5’6 vs 6’3.

Simple as

• Like 1
  • Cheers 3

3 minutes ago, EddieVedder said:

That top line is horrendous together the past 2 yrs.  No way should those 3 play together

Im thinking:

Mikehyev-Pettersson-Boeser

Kuzmenko-Horvat-Podkolzin

Pearson-Necas-Hoglander

Dickinson-Lazar-Lockwood / UFA

Hughes-Marino

OEL-Myers

Rathbone/Dermott/Schenn

Thinking Miller trade Carolina incoming after the Burns deal if Morrow Necas and a 2023 Pick still on table, Garland for Marino

With Trocheck out, they need a C / Elite Talent even more now.

Edited by R3aL
  • Like 1
  • Cheers 1

1 minute ago, grandmaster said:

Garland is a 50 point 5M per player that drives the play. This guy is a 32 point guy. Why did we get this guy for nearly the same cap hit? If we lose Garland for this I wouldn’t be happy.

What if it's a downgrade on Garland so that he can be moved for a RD?

(legit question)

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, grandmaster said:

Mikheyev >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Garland

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, nergish said:

5’6 vs 6’3.

Simple as

Garland is 5'10" and also a year younger. I'd rather keep Garland, personally. That said, I doubt it's as simple as Garland for Mikheyev, even if Garland does go.

• Haha 1

Got to flip Garland now, I hope we don't lose Pearson because he's perfect for the 3rd line whereas Mikheyev slots right into our middle 6, depending on how well Kuzmenko and Podkolzin play.

Right now I'd argue we have the best offensive depth in the division. Weakest RD depth though, but lots to change surely.

Pettersson - Miller - Mikheyev

Kuzmenko - Horvat - Boeser

Pearson - Dickinson - Garland

Lockwood - Lazar - Podkolzin

That's how we lineup right now. Need to fix that 3C and flip a forward for a defenceman.