The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Canucks sign Colin Delia

1 hour ago, SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME said:

Seems like a guy Clark might make a difference with.

Collin Delia profiles as a goalie who is very athletic, acrobatic, and never quits on a play, but he has really struggled at times with rebound control and his glove hand. Has the size and “length” that Clark likes to see in his goalies, and has the raw athleticism, but could probably benefit from some tweaks to his technique, if not a complete overhaul. 

Canucks just need him for depth/insurance, which he easily provides “as is,” but maybe there’s a chance our goalie whisperer could get something more out of Delia?

Exactly what my thoughts are.  Having Clark as not only a resource to develop our goalie prospects and big club goalies.  He shows that he is great with YOUNGER reclamation projects and/or later picks that need solid teaching. 

We could very well have two or three EXTRA high end #1 goalies next two or three years (Silovs, Delia) and high end back-up in Martin.  Both Aku Koskenvuo and Ty Young trending well too.  

We may have some quality trading chips as early as next year coming from our goalie depth... Which in the current climate, will be worth a lot.

Edited by Hogs & Podz
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, DownUndaCanuck said:

Surely for the AHL so where's DiPietro going...

Realisticly he doesn't have to go any where. Abby had three goalies last year which allows one to be called up. It makes one moveable but it doesn't mean one has to be moved at all.

47 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

Martin says you aren't taking my spot that easily.

The thing is Martin,  if he gets some goo games this season, might prove to be a valuable asset for a good draft pick or prospect next season .

Martin won’t be able to take Demkos spot,  and might deserve the reall opportunity to take a number 1 spot with another Team.

Arizona, Chicago , will be stacked with picks next draft.

ps.  The goalie we grabbed from PGeorge was the best in the draft this year

Edited by SilentSam
  • Like 1

That’s the goalie management said they needed for the AHL right there and can come in as backup if needed. Doesn’t automatically mean Dipietro will be gone but it might look like we could move him in a bigger package deal if needed.

6 hours ago, SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME said:

Seems like a guy Clark might make a difference with.

Collin Delia profiles as a goalie who is very athletic, acrobatic, and never quits on a play, but he has really struggled at times with rebound control and his glove hand. Has the size and “length” that Clark likes to see in his goalies, and has the raw athleticism, but could probably benefit from some tweaks to his technique, if not a complete overhaul. 

Canucks just need him for depth/insurance, which he easily provides “as is,” but maybe there’s a chance our goalie whisperer could get something more out of Delia?

Seems to be a theme with Clark. Sign of a real gud goalie coach.

Collin Delia was short in his answer about why he chose to sign with the Vancouver Canucks.

“I think what drew me here was the chance to work with Ian Clark,” said Delia. “And then also the culture, you know, from afar, I’ve played them a couple of times, I’ve seen what it’s like here and the culture seems like it’s trending in the right direction. I want to be a part of that.

“I know I have work to do to get to that point to where I’m on the team, and I don’t take that for granted. I think that’s evident by the work I put in with Clarkie every day and it’s a lot of attention to detail, and that’s my game. I love that. And it kind of seemed like a perfect fit for that reason.”

https://canucksarmy.com/2022/08/30/scenes-offseason-skate-bruce-boudreau-gives-hugs-andrey-kuzmenko-puts-work/

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

On 7/13/2022 at 2:16 PM, -Vintage Canuck- said:

Something's off here,  Johnson said previously that he wanted Silvos to play a lot at the AHL level.  Now you have a competition sure, but with a veteran like Delia and two kids in the mix something's gotta give?