The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Media didn’t ask any questions about defense.

Rate this topic

Canuckfanforlife82

8 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Pens suck old socks.  Crosby is a whiner.  Malkin is a big goof.  Letang is injured tomorrow.  Go away! 

Crosby, Malkin, and Letang are cup champs. Which is more than can be said about any Canuck.

Yeah folks.

I don't need this random defense.

Regardless, I'm excited to see who the Canucks sign.

I respectfully ask to maintain my unique view that Podkolzin is underwhelming in exchange for my other unique view that Myers is actually good and more or less worth his contract. Thank you. I did not mean to cause a ruckus.

• Cheers 1
  • Huggy Bear 1

2 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

Didn't hear anything. Dhaliwal says he's going back to college. Not sure if that's posted anywhere.

If he’s not drafted then we should be able to sign him after his next school season.  That’s how Gillis got Tanev, no?

Edited by Alflives

Man people need to relax, JR knows what he's doing and remember we have a small market team that's 2nd tier in destination wise and tax wise. 

Despite that, JR has improved us and it didn't take much and we still have no return on the JT investment. 

Every year this team has improved, yeah at a slow pace since our worst meltdown in franchise history 2012, so it took all this time before the last players were gone and off the books, Eddie Tan and Loungo. 

Where we are now, even before we get whatever we get whatever we get for him we're a better team than last year.

And last year - Green + BB would have had us watching playoff hockey though probably not far but now we have better again this year and depth for our young guys too. 

Again... For the millionth time, if you look up the sky isn't falling, instead turning into a pretty nice day for a Canucks fan even though we hate building but the hard part was already done. 

JR is actually sticking to his word and doing what he said he was going to do. 

FINALLY, only the 2nd GM in history to do it so knowing that, take a deep breath and enjoy it for a change.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, iceman64 said:

Man people need to relax, JR knows what he's doing and remember we have a small market team that's 2nd tier in destination wise and tax wise. 

Despite that, JR has improved us and it didn't take much and we still have no return on the JT investment. 

Every year this team has improved, yeah at a slow pace since our worst meltdown in franchise history 2012, so it took all this time before the last players were gone and off the books, Eddie Tan and Loungo. 

Where we are now, even before we get whatever we get whatever we get for him we're a better team than last year.

And last year - Green + BB would have had us watching playoff hockey though probably not far but now we have better again this year and depth for our young guys too. 

Again... For the millionth time, if you look up the sky isn't falling, instead turning into a pretty nice day for a Canucks fan even though we hate building but the hard part was already done. 

JR is actually sticking to his word and doing what he said he was going to do. 

FINALLY, only the 2nd GM in history to do it so knowing that, take a deep breath and enjoy it for a change.

"The sky is falling!"

Idiot, the sky doesn't fall.

"The Earth is rising!"

58 minutes ago, Qwags said:

Crosby, Malkin, and Letang are cup champs. Which is more than can be said about any Canuck.

Pittsburgh had two 1st overall and two second overall picks in four years.

After drafting Crosby they missed the playoffs finishing last in their division.

His second year they made the playoffs but were eliminated in the first round.

His third season they made the playoffs and lost in the SCF.

His fourth season they won the cup

That's with the best player in trhe world at the time. 

We're just coming out of rebuilding. Step 1 for us - make the playoffs.