The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Penguins trade John Marino to Devils for Ty Smith, 2023 3rd-round pick

6 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Do the Devils have a younger centre they could add to Severson?  Be very nice to get both a partner for Hughes and a young centre to play on our third line.  

Nah, their top prospects are wingers and D.

But as others have mentioned, Sharangovich would make a nice add. 24 year-old forward with size who scored 24 goals last year.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

“Not bad defensively” is not what we need. We have enough defensemen who are “not bad defensively”

We need a young D that excels in his own end. Severson doesn’t fit the bill.

Hard to believe how much the ask has fallen from fans. From Lafreniere, Schneider and a 1st to Severson. :lol:

Glad our GM is sticking to his guns.

No I mean he’s NOT, bad defensively. We’re not subtracting 90-100 points by adding him that is speaking out of complete ignorance. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Pure961089 said:

Hard to believe Allvin couldn't cough up a similar package to get Marino. 

Not panicking yet about this management team, but increasingly I’m finding this kind of thing not so hard to believe.

I’ve yet to see a single thing in terms of the vision and creativity I was expecting to see in their first off season. Their much ballyhooed intention of repairing the cap space situation has been a complete flop so far. They sure talked a good game when they came in though. Yeah, yeah, I know technically its’ still “early” in the offseason and I’ll wait…but…the clock is ticking. Already seen a bunch of teams do things that have removed some of our own options from the table.

2 minutes ago, mll said:

Sharangovich is top-6 wing.  Palat, Bratt, Sharangovich and Mercer are their top-6 wingers going into the season.  

Fitzgerald explained that adding Haula allows to play Mercer in the top-6.  

Sharangovich has been used a winger cuz of NJD's depth, but was drafted as a C and plays a good two-way game. Could make the transition back here a la Miller

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Ilya Mikheyev said:

Severson is good defensively with the odd lapse. He's a solid top-4 RHD with a big frame, good in all three zones with a solid transition game. Not many of those around

I did reading on Sharangivich and he’s a big (younger) centre.  Pits up points too.  

Miller for Severson + Sharangovic sounds pretty good.  

Get up off your park bench, and get ‘er done JR!  :frantic:

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, DeNiro said:

“Not bad defensively” is not what we need. We have enough defensemen who are “not bad defensively”

We need a young D that excels in his own end. Severson doesn’t fit the bill.

Hard to believe how much the ask has fallen from fans. From Lafreniere, Schneider and a 1st to Severson. :lol:

Glad our GM is sticking to his guns.

Schneider Chytil and a 1st is what most of us wanted everything else was kinda crazy.

He’s been a top d for that them during some dark years with not a lot of help.  Severson is a quality Canadian puck moving dman who ain’t a liability in his own end similar to OEL in that regard 

if we got Severson + Mercer and 1st round pick id pretty happy.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Locke Lamora said:

Not panicking yet about this management team, but increasingly I’m finding this kind of thing not so hard to believe.

I’ve yet to see a single thing in terms of the vision and creativity I was expecting to see in their first off season. Their much ballyhooed intention of repairing the cap space situation has been a complete flop so far. They sure talked a good game when they came in though. Yeah, yeah, I know technically its’ still “early” in the offseason and I’ll wait…but…the clock is ticking. Already seen a bunch of teams do things that have removed some of our own options from the table.

Getting the most highly pursued non-NHL free agent not enough for you?

Benning overpaid to make things happen. Contrast that with Sakic, who everyone was saying held into Matt Duchesne for way, WAY too long. How’d that work out for those guys?

…Patience, young grasshopper…

• Cheers 3

7 minutes ago, Provost said:

I think it we don't find a more seasoned cheap veteran in that spot that Joshua could easily be on the starting roster.  There are better players that will be left without contracts though.  If we trade two forwards I see Joshua definitely making the roster.

Dickenson is prime for a bounce back season.  He has been too good for too long.

Honestly I really like the idea of Dickinson-Lazar-Joshua being our fourth line.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ilya Mikheyev said:

Sharangovich has been used a winger cuz of NJD's depth, but was drafted as a C and plays a good two-way game. Could make the transition back here a la Miller

They had to go out and get Haula so that Mercer could move to top-6 wing.  Hughes was injured for a large part of the season so others had to fill in at C.  Quite a few Cs move to wing at the pro level.  

7 minutes ago, mll said:

Sharangovich is top-6 wing.  Palat, Bratt, Sharangovich and Mercer are their top-6 wingers going into the season.  

Fitzgerald explained that adding Haula allows to play Mercer in the top-6.  

Well miller would push someone in the top 6?

2 minutes ago, Alflives said:

I did reading on Sharangivich and he’s a big (younger) centre.  Pits up points too.  

Miller for Severson + Sharangovic sounds pretty good.  

Get up off your park bench, and get ‘er done JR!  :frantic:

I’d want another pick/prospect - but other than that, it’s a good fit!

• Cheers 1

7 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

No I mean he’s NOT, bad defensively. We’re not subtracting 90-100 points by adding him that is speaking out of complete ignorance. 

Miller is a 90-100 point player so yes we are.

Yes Severson would replace some of those points but not 30+ goals.

1 minute ago, mll said:

They had to go out and get Haula so that Mercer could move to top-6 wing.  Hughes was injured for a large part of the season so others had to fill in at C.  Quite a few Cs move to wing at the pro level.  

I realize that but watching Sharangovich play a lot, I think he could handle the transition back even if he hasn't been utilized that way at the pro level yet, a la Miller

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, R3aL said:

Honestly bizarre.

hamilton

severson

marino

nemec coming soon 

very curious and maybe setting up a Miller trade for sure. 

Or you know... Nemec stays in the minors for a year, Severson walks as a free agent at the end of this year, then Nemec takes the spot vacated by Severson. 

Not that bizarre.