The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Rumour) Tkachuk trade in the works

The equivalent would be us losing Miller and Petey and if that were the case, the sky would be falling on our fanbase. I can only imagine CGY fans are pinching themselves trying to awaken from the nightmare. Losing 2/3 of what was arguably the best line in hockey last year. WOW.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Rackdawg said:

He would of done the same thing if the canucks had drafted him im sure 

maybe, maybe not , we are van bc, best city in canada and most of the US....the mountain/ocean views win alot of hearts :P 

Edited by x00x
  • Haha 2

It might be a good play to try and get Rasmus Andersson

If Tkatchuk is on the move they will likely need to rebuild

Andersson would be a solid fit on the blueline for another 8 years, the only trouble is he would likely want a hefty raise when his current contract is up

3 minutes ago, KirkSave said:

The equivalent would be us losing Miller and Petey and if that were the case, the sky would be falling on our fanbase. I can only imagine CGY fans are pinching themselves trying to awaken from the nightmare. Losing 2/3 of what was arguably the best line in hockey last year. WOW.

Bill Hader Popcorn GIF by Saturday Night Live

Karma for stealing all our players :lol:

• Haha 2

I wouldn't be gloating over this stuff. Vancouver has been lucky comparatively speaking. 

Also this means a mid 20's top scoring playoff style winger potentially is hitting the trade market. If there was any preliminary JT Miller talks happening around the league you can be assured those have all been placed on the back burner.

Players have their rights re: Gaudreau's decision to leave Calgary. But nobody else has a problem with what is happening? Nobody should potentially be losing two star players this way. 

Its red flags that a player is going to arbitration and their response publicly is that they must be on the outs. Like we can't work through arbitration? Like just maybe teams can use the system to stop from overpaying or a player could understand its a negotiation.

Its pure crap how so many of these individuals act.

• Vintage 1

almost feel bad for Calgary. 

But then I remember how they tried to be us by signing all of our players (i.e. Markström, Tanev, etc). So no, I don’t feel bad for them at all

At the end of the day, if the roles were reversed, Flames fans wouldn’t feel bad for us. 

But still. Losing Gaudreau, and if it’s true that a trade is in the works for Tkachuk, gotta feel for them. 

1 hour ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

Maybe no one want's him as much as CDC thinks he's worth? 

If they can’t drum up a market for a top ten scorer in the league on a cheap contract who plays all three forward positions and a playoff still of hockey… that is a JR and Allvin problem.

• Vintage 1

7 minutes ago, Mike Vanderhoek said:

Players have their rights re: Gaudreau's decision to leave Calgary. But nobody else has a problem with what is happening? Nobody should potentially be losing two star players this way. 

Not a problem at all with whats happening.

Whether you are a role player or a franchise player, you have your own likes/dislikes about a team and your own desires to play in a specific city.

When your contract is up or nearing its end, you are free to do whatever as is your rights as a player.

What's happening to Calgary is unfortunate but the player isn't required to sign a new long term deal if they don't want to, just because you feel sorry for them. 

Hockey is a business. Star players get traded all the time when their team decides to rebuild.

But it shouldn't be happening when the player has the option to go where they want? 

That's a little ironic.

• Thanks 1