The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Proposal] NYI - Van Miller goes to Long Island for RHD

More wingers.  
‘Good deal overall. Helps on right  D.

‘More wingers in the system though really need some Centres and about 3 right D prospects. 
‘Don’t expect JTM trade to fix all issue but if we don’t get a C back or in another deal we go into the season with two NHL centres in Bo and Lazar. 

6 minutes ago, DrJockitch said:

More wingers.  
‘Good deal overall. Helps on right  D.

‘More wingers in the system though really need some Centres and about 3 right D prospects. 
‘Don’t expect JTM trade to fix all issue but if we don’t get a C back or in another deal we go into the season with two NHL centres in Bo and Lazar. 

I wonder if our coaches/management have considered moving Pods to centre?  Big, strong, skilled, smart, defensively very good, and has that willingness to do whatever it takes to help the team win.  Pods would for sure make the necessary sacrifice of offence to be responsible defensively.  

So a trade like proposed here gets us our much needed partner for Hughes, and a young winger that can play a role.  And Pods becomes a much needed bottom six centre.  

Petey

Bo

Pods

Lazar

16 team NTC for Pu. I guess there's a chance we're not on that list but I'd expect he's got a no-Canada clause in there. 

If thats thats case I don't see a deal happening with NYI as there really isn't any other d that help us and/or they would be willing to give up.

Wahlstrom is an interesting piece but they aren't using him as a C - 14 face-offs last year? so we'd be looking at him for RW, which would be good if we move Garland. 

They aren’t moving Dobson so Dobson or no deal is just no deal. 
They would be nuts to do that and Lou isn’t nuts or stupid. 
Not sure about moving Podz to C.  Already hard enough adjusting to the league not like he was a centre who converted to wing, has always been a winger. 
Pu is 27, can he even have a NTC yet he should still be in RFA years?

Edited by DrJockitch
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Odjick 4 Premier said:

Vancouver trade

JT Miller 

Aiden McDonough 

Tucker Poolman 

New York Islanders trade

Ryan Pulock 

Oliver Wahlstrom 

Let’s hear everyone rip this proposal 

Puock 6'2, RD, 28 yrs old Oct,  8 years X 6.1 million - NO  - I would pass on Pulock contract will  hurt.. Not much of a upgrade on Myers 

Pass on this deal with Pulock.

Walstrom 6'2, 22 - W -  2021-22 - Has upside GP 73 -- 24 PTS

6 hours ago, Odjick 4 Premier said:

Vancouver trade

JT Miller 

Aiden McDonough 

Tucker Poolman 

New York Islanders trade

Ryan Pulock 

Oliver Wahlstrom 

Let’s hear everyone rip this proposal 

Hypothetically, (which is what we do here...), that's probably pretty good value for both sides.

Issues are, Pulock is just starting a new contract with a full NTC, and I don't believe Poolman has been cleared to return to play from the migraine issues he fought will all last season.

Good effort though!

• Cheers 1

The return seems just slightly underwhelming compared to the names and packages that have been speculated. Don't get me wrong - Pulock is *precisely* the kind of guy we need for a top pairing with Hughes so I love the target. I also like that we cap dump Poolman, which I suppose is where the lack of value appears because it's costly to move (somewhat) dead cap space - especially with term. This trade also loses one of our best prospects in McDonough (which isn't saying much as he is far from an NHL lock) and Wahlstrom took a big step back last season and we don't really need yet another forward, even if Miller exits the lineup.

But overall, it does help us on a couple of fronts. Solid proposal. But perhaps we drop Wahlstrom from the deal? 

Miller, Poolman, 2nd 

for

Pulock, 1st

Your original proposal is excellent.  Pulock would be a great get for the Canucks and Wahlstrom is really the only forward that interests me as part of a return in a Miller trade.  I realize that Pulock is a little older than I would have hoped and his cap hit is a little high, but he would make a great centerpiece in a deal between the Canucks and Islanders.  Dobson is not going to be traded, but the proposal brings back two quality pieces to the Canucks.  We receive an excellent mentor for Hughes and a former first round pick for JT.  I would be very happy as a Canucks’ fan if this was the final chapter in the ongoing  JT Miller Saga.  Well done Odjick 4 Premier.

• Cheers 1

I would be happy with:

Miller + Myers in exchange for Pulock + Wahlstrom

Then I'd also like to see:

Garland + Poolman + 3rd pick in exchange for Connor Murphy (CHI)

Sign UFA Rodrigues as 3C for $2.5m and Motte for $1.5m

Lineup:

Mikheyev Pettersson Podkolzin

Kuzmenko Horvat Boeser

Pearson Rodrigues Wahlstrom

Joshua Lazar Motte

(Dickinson)

Hughes Murphy

OEL Pulock

Rathbone Schenn

(Dermott Burroughs)

Demko (Martin)