The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Flames trade Matthew Tkachuk, conditional 2025 4th-round pick to Panthers for Jonathan Huberdeau, MacKenzie Weegar, Cole Schwindt, conditional 2025 1st-round pick

I did go to the calgary flames message board, cant post there as for some reason, wont let u register, u get some funky error when registering lol, but man those boards are a ghost town, even with there trade today, its quiet as a mouse there :P

47 minutes ago, KyGuy123 said:

And JT Millers value just went in the toilet. Holy cow, JR must be losing it right now. Huberdeau is the better player and Calgary just dismantled the Canucks in another offseason. If they can resign both players they just rinsed the Panthers, even if they sell at the deadline they just gained more assets. 

Annalynne Mccord Comedy GIF by Pop TV

• Cheers 2

So I’m thinking that Huber >= Miller.  Both are UFA’s next year. Roughly same ages.

They still had to package him up with a top 4 D man and a first just to get a first line 24 yr old winger. 

Seeing some of the trade proposals in here where we are asking for multiple top tier young players, including top pair rhd, in return for Miller just became less realistic.

Maybe I’m seeing this wrong? 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, x00x said:

I did go to the calgary flames message board, cant post there as for some reason, wont let u register, u get some funky error when registering lol, but man those boards are a ghost town, even with there trade today, its quiet as a mouse there :P

Internet and smartphones are still an evil oddity in Hicksville Alberta.

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, x00x said:

Check Calgarypuck, not the official Flames forum.

I think with the lack of off-season moves it still has that feel of trying to do anything to just make the playoffs and get their revenue. It’s confusing. What is the Canucks ylong term plan? Little do they know if they would have rebuilt the team properly without cutting corners they would have had years of revenue in their pockets by now but no let’s retool on the fly. It has proven to not work but lets try again. 

Fran Healy Reaction GIF by Travis

Edited by Canuckfanforlife82

5 minutes ago, Bang Bang Boogie said:

Check Calgarypuck, not the official Flames forum.

wow ok, the one from flames website should be shut down lol, error city on that site, ya lots of chatter there, and flame fans are dancing on the streets and so happy rofl, florida was insane to offer that lol, clueless panthers

Edited by x00x

14 minutes ago, Canuckfanforlife82 said:

Doesn’t matter. The way they think they have until the deadline to trade him is risky and stupid and a distraction for the team. So many things that could go wrong by waiting. I think they screwed up by not moving him earlier. You think teams knowing that the Canucks are under pressure to get a deal done at the deadline are going to pony up their asking price? He could be injured by then. It doesn’t make sense.

Well I for one don't want them to accept just anything at this point in time just for the sake of trading him. There is approx 7 months until the trade deadline, the fact people in this can base are impatient doesn't mean we should just accept what ever is offered.

29 minutes ago, Dazzle said:

Unfortunately, this is a trade that the Canucks have never really had the balls to do. We have always kept our players because we love them too much, rather than get a good return. Matthew Tkachuk was worth a lot, but there were rumours that he wasn't going to re-sign. Miller should have been traded for a king's ransom.

Isn't Florida on Miller's no trade list?

11 minutes ago, AV. said:

Another day, another Treliving masterclass.  So, so good.

Of course, he'll need to re-sign both players to make this a win, but he turned a horrible situation into a manageable one.

So masterclass that he lost gaudreau for nothing… alrighty…

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DeNiro said:

Exactly.

That’s why I don’t understand people claiming this is some huge haul for the Flames. All it might do is delay a rebuild by one season.

What makes everyone think Huberdeau will be happy in Calgary?

Also this move simply replaces Gaudreaus production. They’re still down a 100 point player.

So soon MTL will have Huberdeau and Dubois for free if they just wait things out a bit…not too shabby, haha

• Cheers 2