The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Flames trade Matthew Tkachuk, conditional 2025 4th-round pick to Panthers for Jonathan Huberdeau, MacKenzie Weegar, Cole Schwindt, conditional 2025 1st-round pick

2 hours ago, BigTramFan said:

Talking about that pick is flogging a dead horse

2 hours ago, Drakrami said:

Exactly... we have been such a soft team for a decade.. Everyone was thinking ok go up and pick Tkachuk. And he shocks everyone with Juolevi. Would have loved a tough pesky powerforward in Tkachuk on our team. If he doesnt work out, trade him for this haul lol. 

1 hour ago, BigTramFan said:

Image result for let it go meme

People that complain about old draft picks are silly drama queens. Get over it lol and accept simple life realities. Even a guy like Yakupov shouldn't make people go :frantic:

• Cheers 1

8 minutes ago, DownUndaCanuck said:

They have 9M coming off the books next off-season, but are over by 2-3M at the moment. Huberdeau probably goes elsewhere but they should try and nab Weegar back for 6M.

They tried to extend Weegar this off-season and couldn't get a deal done - that's why he was available for a trade.   

Edited by mll

23 minutes ago, Rubik said:

stupid panthers... at this point why not trade bobrovsky to edmonton for smith, while giving barkov away for a 4th rounder to seattle... who else needs help in our division? &^@#ing idiots

They would love to get out from under Bob’s contract. Spencer Knight is looking ready for starter role soon. 

Has it already been discussed that this trade actually jacks up Miller's value again?

Am I wrong on this?

If you could view Miller as a slightly-poor-mans Huberdeau (same age, same circumstance, less pedigree and point production but also able to play center and play strong) - doesn't the idea of bundling him with someone like Garland or Boeser net you an amazing return? Like even better than we've been hoping?

I'm sure I'm out to lunch on this, but Tkachuk is a big return for players with expiring contracts.

8 minutes ago, Putgolzin said:

Has it already been discussed that this trade actually jacks up Miller's value again?

Am I wrong on this?

If you could view Miller as a slightly-poor-mans Huberdeau (same age, same circumstance, less pedigree and point production but also able to play center and play strong) - doesn't the idea of bundling him with someone like Garland or Boeser net you an amazing return? Like even better than we've been hoping?

I'm sure I'm out to lunch on this, but Tkachuk is a big return for players with expiring contracts.

Garland has limited trade value - would probably return less than Bjorkstrand.   If you attach him to Miller it would probably diminish the return because it will make it harder for the acquiring team to extend Miller in a year when Garland uses up 5M of cap space. 

16 minutes ago, Putgolzin said:

Am I wrong on this?

Yup.  Florida is a much better team now.  The Benning miss (Tkatchuk) is a heck of an upgrade over Huberdough.  

15 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Yup.  Florida is a much better team now.  The Benning miss (Tkatchuk) is a heck of an upgrade over Huberdough.  

FLA won this imo. Cowtown did manage to get a good return tho, which sucks. I don't see how people are claiming the F'Lames are better tho, they are still down a 100+ point player.

All this love for Weegar but I'm just not as big a fan. He's ok. He wasn't very good last playoffs and he reminds me a bit of a Tyson Barrie. It will be a big contract year for him and I won't be surprised to see EP et all make him look stupid at times. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

1 hour ago, Gawdzukes said:

Pretty nice return.  I actually think Calgary gets better and there is a chance Tkachuk struggles a bit out East.

how are they better? Huberdoo is going to get 200 points? :lol:

I think Tkatpuke is going to run wild over his division, its going to be fun to see him harass the Leafs :lol: 

• Cheers 1

6 hours ago, Darius said:

What if Calgary has a great season and at the TDL they are fighting for top of the division. Do they trade these guys if they aren’t signed? Logically they should move them but as we saw with guys like Tanev and Markstrom the prospect of potential playoff success skews long term planning sometimes.  

I'll bet JH, at least, signs an extension in the next couple of days.  

• Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, JM_ said:

how are they better? Huberdoo is going to get 200 points? :lol:

I think Tkatpuke is going to run wild over his division, its going to be fun to see him harass the Leafs :lol: 

I think he meant better than they were yesterday day.  You could also argue better overall with the addition of Weeger over Guddy

Just now, stawns said:

I think he meant better than they were yesterday day.

well thats true.

Just now, stawns said:

You could also argue better overall with the addition of Weeger over Guddy

true as well.

Man Maurice must be bouncing off the ceiling right now. 

The downside for the Flames is they got a lot older and their window is going to close quicker if they don't win soon.  

It'll be interesting to see their approach........extend JH or flip him for younger pieces and try to extend their window

15 minutes ago, JM_ said:

FLA won this imo. Cowtown did manage to get a good return tho, which sucks. I don't see how people are claiming the F'Lames are better tho, they are still down a 100+ point player.

Huberdeau 115 points last year

Tkachuk 104 points last year

But Tkachuk is more gritty.

4 minutes ago, UFCanuck said:

Huberdeau 115 points last year

Tkachuk 104 points last year

But Tkachuk is more gritty.

Huberdough is a softeroo.  Sutter will eat him up and spit him out.  This will get extra stinky in Cowpie.  

Edited by Alflives
  • Like 1