The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

2023 NHL Entry Draft

29 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

Makes sense. I'm okay with this. Just pick the guy you want at 11th and don't trade down thinking what it could have been if you didn't. 

I don't think any of the top 10 picks are going to move despite all the chatter. Maybe happens after 15?

Also hearing teams are impressed with Michkov after meeting him. I don't think he's going to drop past Montreal. 

I have a feeling that the team will go with a forward at number 11.

I know we need Defensemen especially the right side, but after the first round that 2nd and 3rd round has a lot of potential to find a dman that they like. Especially with two 3rd rounders close to each other, I think they look for a difference making forward. Allvin last draft wants guys who can be impact players, top six/top pairing kind of players. There are just too many potential difference making forwards. 

I like Reinbacher, ASP, Willander, and Simashev, but it seems more like the higher end of the draft is with forwards in the first 20 picks and after that you have lots of interesting dman that can fall anywhere in the 2nd and 3rd rounds that have excellent potential to be top 4 dman. 

12 minutes ago, CRAZY_4_NAZZY said:

I know we need Defensemen especially the right side, but after the first round that 2nd and 3rd round has a lot of potential to find a dman that they like. Especially with two 3rd rounders close to each other, I think they look for a difference making forward. Allvin last draft wants guys who can be impact players, top six/top pairing kind of players. There are just too many potential difference making forwards. 

I like Reinbacher, ASP, Willander, and Simashev, but it seems more like the higher end of the draft is with forwards in the first 20 picks and after that you have lots of interesting dman that can fall anywhere in the 2nd and 3rd rounds that have excellent potential to be top 4 dman. 

The need C as much, probably more, as they need D.  

• Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, McBackup said:

Anyone know if any bars or anything will be airing the draft? I don't have cable but have the day off and would like to watch.

I would put money on Pemberton pub in North Van. 

8 minutes ago, VancouverHabitant said:

I would put money on Pemberton pub in North Van. 

Appreciate the tip, but I just checked their website and it looks like its going to be all baseball and South American soccer that day.

I would assume the sportsbar in the arena would show it, but even that seems hit or miss. 

Edited by McBackup

15 hours ago, Off_The_Schneid! said:

What are your consensus rankings based on ? Season rankings or just the latest rankings ?

Not my rankings. Just thought they were useful, I think they breakdown which rankings were used. I believe it was just using final rankings though.  

49 minutes ago, CRAZY_4_NAZZY said:

In that Alvin interview today he kind of slips up and mentions 2 players his scouts are excited about picking at 11 ( quickly changes his wording to a handful of players) 

my guess is Benson and Willander but Simashev is a wildcard and I don’t have a good read on Wood

• Cheers 1

15 minutes ago, McBackup said:

Appreciate the tip, but I just checked their website and it looks like its going to be all baseball and South American soccer that day.

I would assume the sportsbar in the arena would show it, but even that seems hit or miss. 

They have 30 TVs and program each one by request. 

Call them, they're super nice and they're the most hardcore sports pub around. They open after 11