The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Fuse any two Canucks! (and send them through time!)

Rate this topic

Baratheon

Hello all!  We have been granted a very unique opportunity!  A time machine has recently... come into my possession...  back-to-the-future-doc-brown-marty-mcfly-delorean.jpeg.ab255a40876b317e5367ca11b022efde.jpeg

We can only use it to transport Canucks but fortunately we have another advantage!  Two of these Canucks can be fused in to one person and inserted on to any of our Stanley Cup finals rosters! (1982, 1994 and 2011)

dbz-dragonball.gif.4dd4e0d29e73a104b959e9cd9ff5ed62.gif

The catch is that you MUST choose players during their time with Vancouver! For example if you decide to fuse Sundin with someone then you are choosing to fuse the Canuck version of Sundin.  HOWEVER!  If you feel that Sundin only aged due to something like a lack of speed then you are more than welcome to fuse him with Pavel Bure or whoever.  

Help me to change history!

• Haha 1

Always felt this fusion-thing was apropos for 2 movies. For example, Slapshot & The Exorcist..imagine the dressing room?

Scarface & The Wizard of Oz..Mang, we gotta walk down that FOc*in' piss color roahd lika' cocka-roach?!

Contagion & Margin Call. Well this would be like a non fiction account of the past 2 yrs, wouldn't it?

• Haha 3

27 minutes ago, spur1 said:

Pavel and big Bert. 

26 minutes ago, Chickenspear said:

Bure + Bertuzzi = Burrtuzzi

Churla wouldn't even bother trying

Haha yeah I thought about this as well.  But which team do you put them on?  If it's 2011 then they probably take a whole bunch of penalties while they learn the post-lockout rules.  Also why stop there!?  How about Ronning + Tryamkin?? 

Just now, Baratheon said:

Haha yeah I thought about this as well.  But which team do you put them on?  If it's 2011 then they probably take a whole bunch of penalties while they learn the post-lockout rules.  Also why stop there!?  How about Ronning + Tryamkin?? 

Even the refs wouldn't f*** with that though. :lol:

Ronning + Tryamkin = Victor Hedman

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Chickenspear said:

Even the refs wouldn't f*** with that though. :lol:

Ronning + Tryamkin = Victor Hedman

Hey!  If you stick Victor Hedman on that 2011 team I don't think that Rome's suspension would have mattered nearly as much!

Personally I think you all may have missed the boat on Hughes + Brashear as well.  

Mogilny + Linden was another odd one that crossed my mind.

Imo the answer is different based on which team you're putting them on which is why I meantioned 82, 94 and 2011

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Chickenspear said:

Bure + Bertuzzi = Burrtuzzi

Churla wouldn't even bother trying

Yeah Bertuzzi and Bure was instantly my thought. Basically Mario Lemieux.

Another good one would be Willie Mitchell or Mattias Ohlund and Quinn Hughes.

• Upvote 1

For the 1982 team I would send back a fusion of Pavel Bure and Henrik Sedin to help with the offence.  If I could send back 2 Ds instead of fusing into one, I might do that for depth.  The 1982 team lost Lanz and McCarthy to injury on the blueline for the whole playoffs.

For the 1994 team I would probably send back a fusion of Todd Bertuzzi and Henrik Sedin, just to have more firepower for game 7.  I considered fusing Henrik Sedin with Markus Naslund or Tony Tanti for goal scoring, but you get decent goal scoring with a ton of size with Bertuzzi.

For the 2011 team I would send forward something like Pavel Bure fused with...I'll just go Bertuzzi for size.  I was thinking about Tiger Williams for aggression or Andre Boudrias for passing but I think we needed the size more.

With 1982, it's not possible to improve upon the captaincy in Smyl.  In 1994 it's not possible to improve upon the captaincy in Linden.  Henrik was good in 2011 but I would have preferred something more Smyl or Linden style...but not enough to make that a priority in this thought exercise.

Fusing Luongo with Brodeur would massively reduce Luongo's meltdowns in 2011.  Fusing him with McLean would completely eliminate the meltdowns.  The goaltending in 1982 and 1994 couldn't really be improved.  I guess it might be interesting to give Luongo's size to King Richard...but again, something like this would be well down the priority list, behind adding scoring or talent / depth on D.  No forward on the 1982 team ever scored 90 points (Blair MacDonald did one year on the Gretzky Oilers but he was at the end of the line in Vancouver and only played 3 playoff games).

Edited by Kevin Biestra
  • Vintage 1