The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Line combinations for 2022-23

Rate this topic

Googlie

3 minutes ago, hammertime said:

I like this but my caveat is that I would like to see us stack the top 6 and have a grinding bottom 6.

Bruce said they're going with Miller, BoHo and Petey at C though.  With that, it only makes sense to give all three centerman capable wingers imo.

4 minutes ago, hammertime said:

I like this but my caveat is that I would like to see us stack the top 6 and have a grinding bottom 6. I would like to see Bo given a chance in his contract year to really come into his own now that we have some great wingers for him to work with. 

regular season. 

Pete Miller Brock

Kuzmenko Bo Garland 

Let them play offence get teams on their heels. 

Grind their top lines with 

Mikheyev Lazar Pod

Dicki Dakota Pearson 

hit everything "let em know youre there"

Id like to see Podkolzin gain confidence by taking on top competition night after night and making life hard on them. Thats how we develop him into a better Nichushkin. 

Me may have to upgrade Lazar but I think if we define his role he can be a cheep Malhotra. His defensive numbers are very good and hes good in the dot. 

Just now, Fanuck said:

Bruce said they're going with Miller, BoHo and Petey at C though.  With that, it only makes sense to give all three centerman capable wingers imo.

Thats all well and true but it's Bo's contract year he's going to want a taste he put up 31g last year maybe he pushes 40 given better deployment. 

2 minutes ago, hammertime said:

Thats all well and true but it's Bo's contract year he's going to want a taste he put up 31g last year maybe he pushes 40 given better deployment. 

I have no issues running 3 balanced forward lines if that makes us a better team.   The team needs to come before anyone thinking of padding stats in a contract year. 

Based on some of the details we are hearing, I think this will be out starting lineup with everyone healthy:

Mikhayev Pettersson Boeser

Kuzmenko Miller Podkolzin

Pearson Horvat Garland

Dickinson Lazar Hoglander

Ekman-Larsson Hughes 

Dermott Myers

Rathbone Schenn

Massive improvement to forward depth to roll 4 lines, and a switch to overloading our top pair on D which makes sense too.

1 hour ago, DeNiro said:

Garland Miller Boeser

Kuzmenko Petey Podkolzin

Pearson Horvat Mikayev 

Hoglander Lazar Dickinson/Joshua

OEL Hughes 

Dermott Myers

Rathbone Schenn/Poolman

Would be my guess based on what I’ve heard so far and what makes sense to me.

I have Miller and Petey switched, but besides that completely agree. Nice lineup

5 hours ago, DeNiro said:

Garland Miller Boeser

Kuzmenko Petey Podkolzin

Pearson Horvat Mikayev 

Hoglander Lazar Dickinson/Joshua

OEL Hughes 

Dermott Myers

Rathbone Schenn/Poolman

Would be my guess based on what I’ve heard so far and what makes sense to me.

that looks good but i'm not convinced that hoglander would be a good 4th liner. otherwise it works for me.

• Cheers 1

Alright. Based off of Bruce's intro media session and everything, this is what I got. 

Garland - Miller - Podkolzin

Kuzmenko - Pettersson - Boeser

Hoglander - Horvat - Mikheyev

Pearson - Lazar - Joshua

OEL - Hughes

Dermott - Myers

Rathbone - Schenn

Demko

Martin

PP1: Hughes, Pettersson, Boeser, Miller, Horvat

PP2: OEL, Kuzmenko, Garland, Podkolzin, Pearson

PK1: Lazar, Pearson, Hughes, Schenn

PK2: Pettersson, Horvat, OEL, Myers

Extra(s): Dickinson, Poolman, Burroughs

• Like 1

4 hours ago, BlakeQuinnAndEggs said:

1a: Garland Miller Boeser

1b: Pearson Horvat Mikheyev

1c: Kuzmenko Pettersson Podkolzin

4th: Joshua Lazar Hoglander

Extra: Dickinson

1: Ekman-Larsson Hughes

2: DeKeyser Myers

3: Rathbone Schenn

Extras: Dermott Burroughs

Demko

Martin 

IR: Poolman

Dekeyser no longer belongs in the NHL.  Tiny Rathbone in a dcore that already has undersized Hughes is going to get us slaughtered. 

3 hours ago, Jester13 said:

I'm so pumped for the potential of this lineup and hearing that the guys are so ready and anxious to get going. We could surprise a lot of people.

"This is the year." - Boeser 

Screenshot_20220922-164011_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20220922-164449_Chrome.jpg

The team needs more sandpaper in the top 9.  And the defense looks atrocious.   Hoping we see upgrades over poolboy and dekeyser

Pretty similar lineups to what I had imagined, I was sure they were going to go with three scoring lines using our centre depth.  Made no sense to convert one of Miller or Petterson to wing since we have so many wingers already.

My original guess was:

Kuzmenko-Miller-Podkolzin
Garland-Petterson-Boeser
Pearson-Horvat-Mikheyev
Dickenson-Lazar-Joshua

I figured Miller has been mentoring Podkolzin, so why not keep that going and give the new Russian a linemate who has just been through the same transition.
Then I really wanted to see how Horvat and Mikheyev look like as a PK duo.
That 4th line is just really solid.

No idea how Hoglander cracks the lineup on a nightly basis barring injury.  I could see him being swapped in and out to give guys a rest or give a different look depending on the opponent and whether his skillset or Joshua's fit better.

• Vintage 1

The forward depth is great. It's just day 1, I am sure Hoggie will get a chance with Lazar-Joshua. There's no play-oriented reason to hand Dickie a spot over Hoglander, tho I understand the cap/waivers incentivize it. Still, the Canucks are gonna wanna carry 13 forwards.

Goaltending is great.

Really need that one more top-4 defenseman still, esp. if OEL and Hughes are gonna pair up. I like Rathbone's prospects, but he's not ready to be relied on for that role yet. The D depth is fine, it's just that one more decent defenseman needed. If a true top-4 can't be found, hopefully they can acquire a band-aid that's a bit better than deKeyser at this point in his career - either Ethan Bear or Calvin de Haan seem like favourable options at this point.

3 hours ago, Ilya Mikheyev said:

The forward depth is great. It's just day 1, I am sure Hoggie will get a chance with Lazar-Joshua. There's no play-oriented reason to hand Dickie a spot over Hoglander, tho I understand the cap/waivers incentivize it. Still, the Canucks are gonna wanna carry 13 forwards.

sure there is. Dickie was in over his head as a 3C, but he was a very good checking winger for Dallas. Hog's isn't that, yet. 

• Upvote 1