The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Wild trade Dmitry Kulikov to Ducks for future considerations

1 minute ago, Sharpshooter said:

Wouldn’t that just be reciting ‘Vintage’ 3 times? 

image.gif.633b01012f0297ebb1fd954f96279cd0.gif

image.gif.d575a29faf3e3b7351651291b1a508b3.gif

i am a mere minion of our true master.

you may be too intelligent for my low brow tactics, but please do not allow that pity or skepticism to prevent you from joining our fraternity.

• Cheers 1

Just now, Phil_314 said:

Lol aren't you thankful that it's not something to consider in the present 

No, because it’s future, meaning it can happen at any time but that you can’t expect when. True anxiety!!!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, HKSR said:

There it is... I was wondering how long it'd take...

This is now a JT Miller thread.

No, just pointing out a new team with available cap room, who has a player our management is familiar with...do i see it happening NOPE, was it meant to derail a who cares trade thread NOPE

1 minute ago, DeNiro said:

Both have much higher value than Addison and could even be flipped for a legit RHD.

Doubt they part with them for a rental, cause next year the dead cap hit increases by another 1m to Minnesota for Parise and Suter (who they never should have bought out imo) Parise sure but Suter is a serviceable top 4 D man

12 minutes ago, Canuckster86 said:

Doubt they part with them for a rental, cause next year the dead cap hit increases by another 1m to Minnesota for Parise and Suter (who they never should have bought out imo) Parise sure but Suter is a serviceable top 4 D man

They were doomed the day they signed them.

• Upvote 1

If we could swap Myers for Kulikov that would be a win IMO.  Kulikov plays both LD and RD and is more defensively oriented now, plus he's a pending UFA with only $2.25 million cap hit, so I wonder if pairing him and OEL would be a smart choice (Myers just seems like such an odd fit here even though he's probably the better D, plus he's got an extra year at $6 million). 

54 minutes ago, Phil_314 said:

If we could swap Myers for Kulikov that would be a win IMO.  Kulikov plays both LD and RD and is more defensively oriented now, plus he's a pending UFA with only $2.25 million cap hit, so I wonder if pairing him and OEL would be a smart choice (Myers just seems like such an odd fit here even though he's probably the better D, plus he's got an extra year at $6 million). 

The Nucks would have to add picks for that happen. Which is perfectly fine if it frees up the necessary cap to bring back key RFAs and UFAs, but there is no reason or motivation for Anaheim to take on Myers’s contract without incentive. Terry and Zegras will need new deals next year and I’m sure they would rather prioritize those than Myers.

1 hour ago, Blue Jay 22 said:

The Nucks would have to add picks for that happen. Which is perfectly fine if it frees up the necessary cap to bring back key RFAs and UFAs, but there is no reason or motivation for Anaheim to take on Myers’s contract without incentive. Terry and Zegras will need new deals next year and I’m sure they would rather prioritize those than Myers.

I'd do it e.g. for a 3rd, esp. if Myers shows last year's strong play was a one-off.  Cap space is king and Kulikov would be serviceable for half the price.

2 hours ago, canuck73_3 said:

I don’t think I’ve ever seen someone say Podkolzin is better than Zegras. 

Oh I can't find that thread but there was discussion how I said if only Canucks lost one game and they would have been able to pick Zegras that draft.

There were a lot people saying how "entitled" Zegras was or something like that. Even one person said they would (paraphrasing) have Podkolzin over Zegras any day of the week.

I mean it shouldn't come as a surprise, it finally took many of here around 6 years to admit Ehlers and Nylander are better players than Virtanen. :lol:

Edited by iinatcc

Lot of underrated additions for Anaheim.  Tonne of cap space to work favourable deals still. 

Henrique Zegras Terry

Lundestrom Strome Vatrano

Comtois McTavish Jones

McLaughlin Grant Gawdin 

Fowler Klingberg

Drysdale Shattenkirk

Vaakanainen Kulikov

Gibson

If Gibby can reclaim his all world form, which I think he can…. This underrated group will surprise imo. 

Also jealous they have Mintyukov and Zellwegger coming along. 

• Cheers 1