The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Canucks re-sign J.T. Miller

38 minutes ago, Shayster007 said:

Oh yeah. Lock Cap down.

Bo will not come less then 7. The deal will be around 7.5x8 years with modified Nmc. Which leaves us with Zero cap for next year. One of Pearson Or Dickson have to go. He also needs say bye Garland and hit nice D men with that deal. The Canucks are just not good enough defensively right now.

26 minutes ago, Scottydzik said:

Bo will not come less then 7. The deal will be around 7.5x8 years with modified Nmc. Which leaves us with Zero cap for next year. One of Pearson Or Dickson have to go. He also needs say bye Garland and hit nice D men with that deal. The Canucks are just not good enough defensively right now.

I don't disagree with any of that, except I hope the contract comes in for less. I think Bo will be 7 or less, long term. Fingers crossed.

I entirely agree we aren't good enough defensively. 100%. Pearson is a warrior and does his job, but he is replaceable. I don't know what to think about Dickinson, but don't want to pay to dump him.

I also agree Garland is the most obvious trade candidate. I'm still one of the few would would go back and reverse the OEL/Garland trade in a heartbeat. I like Garland, don't get me wrong, but we need some better defensemen in a badway.

5 minutes ago, AV. said:

This is concerning, if not contradicting, to what the message was for most of last season.

Mr. Allvin and Mr. Rutherford will be in for a rude awakening if they don't change their stance.

That's just Allvin messing with people. They're a very private management group and won't let anything on. They have a plan. 

4 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

No he just knows that the option to upgrade isn’t there right now so he has to endorse his defensemen.

You really think he’s gonna say his defense isn’t good enough right before the start of the season?

No different than Lamoriello saying he’s happy with his team despite striking out on Gaudreau, Kadri, and Miller. :lol:

PA said in the Poolman thread that he will be on the ice ready to go by the start of camp.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

No he just knows that the option to upgrade isn’t there right now so he has to endorse his defensemen.

You really think he’s gonna say his defense isn’t good enough right before the start of the season?

No different than Lamoriello saying he’s happy with his team despite striking out on Gaudreau, Kadri, and Miller. :lol:

Yes, I'm aware of the possible posturing.  Doesn't mean he's contradicted what was previously said.

2 minutes ago, Mustard Tiger said:

Do you go by taj on Twitter?

Nope, but he's great for news aggregating and seems to share many of my opinions/beliefs.  Believe he used to post here, probably about a decade ago.

4 minutes ago, AV. said:

Yes, I'm aware of the possible posturing.  Doesn't mean he's contradicted what was previously said.

Nope, but he's great for news aggregating and seems to share many of my opinions/beliefs.  Believe he used to post here, probably about a decade ago.

Just to actually add to the convo though, We all probably know by now it costs picks and prospects to get young Dmen right? That's something we all also know we can't afford to give up.

I don't have a problem with PA saying what he did about the D. I mean, Is he suppose to just say " yeah it sucks we have 3 NHL defenders, but it is what it is ". Probably not the best play to make haha. With some capspace opening up and all the junk being on 1 year left next off season I think that's when we see the major changes we all hoped for. But at the cost of doing business this summer.. I don't blame them for only adding to the fwd group

• Cheers 1

6 hours ago, JM_ said:

with our deeper line combo's Petey should get some good opportunities this year. I think we have the potential to be a hard team to game plan against. Do you put out your best defensive line against Bo, Miller or Petey? 

I'd like to see the tough kid Joshua skate beside Petie for a couple of games. He's supposed to skate well.

2 minutes ago, Mustard Tiger said:

Just to actually add to the convo though, We all probably know by now it costs picks and prospects to get young Dmen right? That's something we all also know we can't afford to give up.

I don't have a problem with PA saying what he did about the D. I mean, Is he suppose to just say " yeah it sucks we have 3 NHL defenders, but it is what it is ". Probably not the best play to make haha. With some capspace opening up and all the junk being on 1 year left next off season I think that's when we see the major changes we all hoped for. But at the cost of doing business this summer.. I don't blame them for only adding to the fwd group

Yep, you're bang on.  But it's funny, if we really do have just 3 NHL defenders, why does everyone keep going on and on about making the playoffs because of this extension?  Kind of a tough task to accomplish with such deficiencies present in the roster, wouldn't you say?

• Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Correct. He hasn’t contradicted what was previously said.

Sounds like you’re contradicting yourself however. :lol:

No, because the word "possible" is in my statement.

Edited by AV.
  • Haha 1