The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Canucks interested in Ethan Bear

2 hours ago, Trebreh said:

Why are we always interested in mediocre players? I don’t see anything special in 

Bear aside from being a RD. 

His only highlight this season is completely getting walked CLEANLY by Tage Thompson. 

we should be making smart moves like trading Brock to Anaheim for 1 year of Klingberg. That way we get rid of Brocks contract and get a good look if Klingberg still has it or if he’s washed so we don’t make the mistake of signing him long term in the offseason.

Klingberg is an even bigger defensive liability than Bear.  He's worse than useless.

Edited by King Heffy
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, combover said:

Yeah we are in desperation never good to make a trade when your down just means you’ll most likely get kicked. 
nobody’s helping us.

subbans 33 didn’t get any Offers to keep playing he’d be easy to get to unretire. 
demiers and dykeyser both released from ptos could be had for cheap and possibly flipped for a pick at the TDL. 

bear is a rhd that it’s I don’t see much value in adding him if he costs much more than just pearson  

He won’t unretire to a winless team lol 

Those guys won’t make the team. 
Bear is 25. Which means he can improve. 

Value is a shut down RHD who let guys on the current Canucks D play there proper positions. Which will make the Canucks D stronger. 

Miller made Pearson, Garland and BB expandable assets. BB I hope is used to gain picks in this draft because it is deep. The other two can bring in depth that the Canucks need on D. Who knows maybe this draft BB can bring in a pick who will turn into RHD Canucks need for the future. 

Healthy scratch which makes him cheap. And low risk but high reward. 

4 minutes ago, MarnersHair said:

Value is a shut down RHD who let guys on the current Canucks D play there proper positions. Which will make the Canucks D stronger. 

Miller made Pearson, Garland and BB expandable assets. BB I hope is used to gain picks in this draft because it is deep. The other two can bring in depth that the Canucks need on D. Who knows maybe this draft BB can bring in a pick who will turn into RHD Canucks need for the future. 

Bear has been bounced around he’s a 5-7 he’s a heathy scratch because he’s easily replaced. Nothing will be cheap because every gm can see the desperation 

pearson garland and Bb might be expendable but we still should just throw them away on a depth d man. 
pearson for bear straight up fine but anything more  is an overpayment. 

subban gets back into the league winless or not 

same as the others. They’d just be using us to try to get another shot in this league. I’d take any of those three over Bear since there all as good or better and would cost us nothing.
Bears last year on an over payment contract for anything of value from us would suck. 

bear isn’t the answer and he’s not a top 4 d he’s a smaller Meh depth 5-7. 

another small dman isn’t the answer 

2 hours ago, erkayloomeh said:

The gain in cap is attractive in this trade.

Boeser just seems like dead weight right now.

its hard, I really like him as a person but its not working here. I'd love to see him go to Carolina, find his game and maybe win a cup. 

• Cheers 1

19 minutes ago, MarnersHair said:

Bear has been bounced around he’s a 5-7 he’s a heathy scratch because he’s easily replaced. Nothing will be cheap because every gm can see the desperation 

pearson garland and Bb might be expendable but we still should just throw them away on a depth d man. 
pearson for bear straight up fine but anything more  is an overpayment. 

subban gets back into the league winless or not 

same as the others. They’d just be using us to try to get another shot in this league. I’d take any of those three over Bear since there all as good or better and would cost us nothing.
Bears last year on an over payment contract for anything of value from us would suck. 

bear isn’t the answer and he’s not a top 4 d he’s a smaller Meh depth 5-7. 

another small dman isn’t the answer 

giving up a top 6 winger to get a bottom pair depth d lol yeah that’s how we get better. 

• Cheers 1

49 minutes ago, NUCKER67 said:

Heard on Donnie and Dhali that it could be Bear for Hoglander, but the Canucks don't really want to trade Hoglander

I should hope not. Hoglander works his ass off. We need more of that on the team, not less... That being said, if we got good value for him I'd be game for a trade. Bear isn't good value.

Late/mid round pick for Bear or bust.

6 minutes ago, Shayster007 said:

I should hope not. Hoglander works his ass off. We need more of that on the team, not less... That being said, if we got good value for him I'd be game for a trade. Bear isn't good value.

Late/mid round pick for Bear or bust.

He's a cap dump that's why they are close to just waiving him. 2nd with him ill consider 

Considering his cap hit And how much it has cost to move money, I assume he has neutral to negative value.

I had posted a trade proposal in the armchair GM.  If we give up an actual asset for Bear that is just silly.

Bear

Nikishin

1st (which is going to be very late) or 2nd

for

Hoglander

Mid/late round pick