2022 Training Camp Thread

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

So I'm guessing lines will look like:

Pearson - Miller - Boeser

Kuzmenko - Pettersson - Podkolzin

Garland - Horvat - Höglander 

Joshua - Åman - Lazar

Klimovich (as only mentioned, only here for cap purposes will soon be in Abby and replaced with any other warm body for the press box)

Hughes - Schenn

OEL - Poolman

Rathbone - Burroughs

Stillman (until he becomes more familiar with the systems and then push for Rathbone's spot)

Demko

Martin

27 minutes ago, JM_ said:

has to be a cap thing for today. 

Absolutely right, Unless someone is hurt in practice, Klim won't play. This is just to maximize cap-related benefits. It has nothing to do with the relative performance of Karlsson and Klim. It will be interesting to see who plays with Petey and Kuz on Wednesday. Boeser will presumably play with Miller and and Pearson. Does Hogz play with Petey and Kuz? Bruce has studiously avoided that seemingly obvious line combination throughout training camp.

And congrats to Canucks for being the all-time cap compliance champs, getting Ferland's full 3.5 million in LTIR. That presumably was the benefit of papering Karlsson the Abby and papering Klim up.

Edited by JamesB
  • Vintage 1

I know, it probably will not happen, but I sure would like to see Klim battling McDavid; more of a preseason type thing though.

Management seems to have nailed the timing v/v backdating the injuries etc. too.

(No comments like, "we ran out of time" type stuff.  Sorry JB, I liked you, but these guys are All-Pro and deep at every position.)

• Vintage 1