The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Pre-Season [GDT/PGT] Canucks vs/@ Flames (Split Squad) / Sunday, Sept. 25/22 / 4:00 & 5:00 pm

Rate this topic

-DLC-

16 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

I find that the opposite happens in preseason.

The vets kind of mail it in to avoid injury and it’s the young AHL guys that perform because they’re trying to earn a spot.

Wouldn’t be surprised if the team in Calgary won but also would t be surprised if it’s a blowout.

Pretty much. Interestingly, when the Canucks won the Presidents’ Trophy in 2011 and 2012, in both years they had a preseason record of 3-5-0.

• Cheers 1

9 minutes ago, -DLC- said:

:lol:

After the dismal first few months of last year, this is kind of the mindset isn't it?

We're all going to be on edge I'm sure.....

1. Calgary 2. Edmonton 3. Vancouver 4. LA Kings.... Don't get discourage if Calgary beats us this season..

Rank Calgary..           Vancouver Ranking

Forwards 10th.                    Forwards  7th

Defence - 5th                      Defence.   16th

Goalie - 8th  Markstrom     Goalie.      5th Demko

• Cheers 1

8 minutes ago, DrJockitch said:

4th line, most of Abbotsford’s team and Dermot going to Calgary. I hope that isn’t the game on TV.

29 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

I find that the opposite happens in preseason.

The vets kind of mail it in to avoid injury and it’s the young AHL guys that perform because they’re trying to earn a spot.

Wouldn’t be surprised if the team in Calgary won but also would t be surprised if it’s a blowout.

In the 2019/2020 split squad game that team that was sent to Calgary featured only Virtanen, Beagle, Motte and many AHL vets like Wacey Hamilton and Carter Bancks defeated a heavily veteran laden Calgary Flames team that featured Lindholm, Gaudreau, Tkachuk, Monahan, etc and beat them in OT 3-2.

https://www.google.com/search?q=canucks+2019%2F2020+preseason&rlz=1C1GCEA_enCA813CA813&oq=canucks+2019%2F2020+preseason&aqs=chrome..69i57j33i160l4.6123j0j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8#sie=m;/g/11h4_bt86w;7;/m/05gwr;tb2;fp;1

It was actually a very entertaining game too. Lots of the AHL veterans and unimportant prospects played very well. Don't discount the group going to CGY tonight either. They could very well pull away a win. 

8 minutes ago, wildcam said:

1. Calgary 2. Edmonton 3. Vancouver 4. LA Kings.... Don't get discourage if Calgary beats us this season..

Rank Calgary..           Vancouver Ranking

Forwards 10th.                    Forwards  7th

Defence - 5th                      Defence.   16th

Goalie - 8th  Markstrom     Goalie.      5th Demko

BAH!  That is so last year.

1st:  Canucks

2nd - 32nd:  Losers

Canucks Home Win GIF by Vancouver Canucks - Find & Share on GIPHY

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, CRAZY_4_NAZZY said:

Calgary is sending a goon squad to Rogers Arena tonight. Glad to have Schenn and Arseneau in the lineup. 

I noticed that too. Sadly, I’m a bit envious of how much size they have. I think we still need to toughen up more if we want to go more than a round in playoffs.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

33 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

Pretty much. Interestingly, when the Canucks won the Presidents’ Trophy in 2011 and 2012, in both years they had a preseason record of 3-5-0.

I would feel better about the start of the regular season if we lost a few in the pre-season tbh. More preparation then expectations this way